Woke-meaning

Black American folk singer-songwriter Huddie Ledbetter, a.k.a. Lead Belly, uses the phrase near the end of the recording of his 1938 song "Scottsboro Boys", which tells the story of nine black teenagers accused of raping two white women, saying: "I advise everybody, be a little careful when they go along through there – best stay woke, keep their eyes open."

I always keep my eyes awaken to alert me of any crimes that are about to be committed. Don't you?
Do you have a lot of shit in your eyes?

liberals-head-up-his-ass.jpg

Used in the context of a song and the inherent poetic license, there is nothing to criticize with the verb used otherwise. Accepting it in common language as an adjective or noun is up to individuals. I don't.

9o4jrxmlktm91.png

they just define woke as marxist, but they dont know marxism either.

No, that's just the projection of the liberal fantasy. Similar to how libs conjure up an image of a fat hillbilly with a confederate flag shooting a gun and apply that to all gun owners.

Black American folk singer-songwriter Huddie Ledbetter, a.k.a. Lead Belly, uses the phrase near the end of the recording of his 1938 song "Scottsboro Boys", which tells the story of nine black teenagers accused of raping two white women, saying: "I advise everybody, be a little careful when they go along through there – best stay woke, keep their eyes open."

I always keep my eyes awaken to alert me of any crimes that are about to be committed. Don't you?
Cool story, Simp.

2022 definition of "woke"

You either agree with my batshit crazy lefttard schemes or you will be cancelled.

HTH

Forum List

Back