Woke Mob Blames Company Management For Tornado Deaths -- WTF??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Workers at the tornado-ravaged Kentucky candle factory say they were told they’d be fired if they fled the facility as the killer twister closed in, according to a report Monday. The Mayfield Consumer Products plant was later leveled by the catastrophic twister, which killed at least eight workers and left eight others still unaccounted for. “[Employees] had questioned if they could leave or go home,” worker McKayla Emery, 21, told the outlet. ‘If you leave, you’re more than likely to be fired.’ I heard that with my own ears.”

More than a dozen workers at the factory during the nightshift Friday pleaded to go home after emergency alarms warned of the coming twister, added another worker, Haley Conder. She said managers told the crew, ‘You can’t leave. You have to stay here.’ Some workers left before the storm regardless of the threats; but others stayed, employees told the outlet. Then the factory was torn apart."

I highly doubt that any manager would threaten workers or use any type of coercion to force those workers to remain at work....what is more likely is that the woke-left is using a tragedy in order to blame a business for something they had no control over...But even if this did happen....whatever worker who stayed is dumb for not leaving...as the article points out; some workers left despite the threats...do you honestly think this company would fire those workers now and risk the bad publicity that comes with that??

Biff, if the accounts are true the manager should be fired, the families of the dead and lost should filed a lawsuit along with any employee that was physically or emotionally hurt against the company and if any law was broken by the Manger or Owner throw the fucking book at them and bury them under the damn jail!

Been through many Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Blizzards and Earthquakes and I would never tell someone they must stay or lose their damn job!

Biff, you're pretending again. You think you can fool us that you're on our side. You play these deceitful games thinking we won't catch on.

Biff, you are as bad as Liz Cheney.
Actually he does a great impersonation of Donald Trump after bleaching and putting Garfield on his head…

( Yeah, I am actually defending Buffy even through a racist response )

You have them everywhere from California to Florida, so it is more than a Southern thingy…
That's true. They put these crappy little factories in depressed areas knowing the employees will be docile and desperate. There used to be sock factories in Ft. Payne Alabama that absolutely ruled with an iron fist. They would not even close down for ice storms where half the workers had to drive down a mountain.

I sounds entirely plausible to me. The factories in these little southern towns are sweatshops and management does not give a shit.
Workers in places like this consistently vote against joining a union. With the exception of Indiana and West Virginia the dumbest states are in the south.

"Workers at the tornado-ravaged Kentucky candle factory say they were told they’d be fired if they fled the facility as the killer twister closed in, according to a report Monday. The Mayfield Consumer Products plant was later leveled by the catastrophic twister, which killed at least eight workers and left eight others still unaccounted for. “[Employees] had questioned if they could leave or go home,” worker McKayla Emery, 21, told the outlet. ‘If you leave, you’re more than likely to be fired.’ I heard that with my own ears.”

More than a dozen workers at the factory during the nightshift Friday pleaded to go home after emergency alarms warned of the coming twister, added another worker, Haley Conder. She said managers told the crew, ‘You can’t leave. You have to stay here.’ Some workers left before the storm regardless of the threats; but others stayed, employees told the outlet. Then the factory was torn apart."

I highly doubt that any manager would threaten workers or use any type of coercion to force those workers to remain at work....what is more likely is that the woke-left is using a tragedy in order to blame a business for something they had no control over...But even if this did happen....whatever worker who stayed is dumb for not leaving...as the article points out; some workers left despite the threats...do you honestly think this company would fire those workers now and risk the bad publicity that comes with that??
What a Bullsh#t story, naturally from the New York Post. I just read the tornado coverage in the local Kentucky paper we subscribed to, and delivered for many years, The Paducah Sun. There was absolutely no mention of any report like the Post's, so you can bet it didn't happen if not in the paper that serves West Kentucky and has for generations. Anybody that thinks locals in the small rural Western Kentucky town of Mayfield would trust a reporter from New York City with that kind of assertion over the paper they have read for years or the local WPSD-TV News Channel 6, also in Paducah (21 miles away) doesn't know small rural West Kentucky town people.

There are multiple witnesses to this, and you'd have to be a fool to think a company like that wouldn't threaten to fire folks for leaving in the middle of a shift.

That's true. They put these crappy little factories in depressed areas knowing the employees will be docile and desperate. There used to be sock factories in Ft. Payne Alabama that absolutely ruled with an iron fist. They would not even close down for ice storms where half the workers had to drive down a mountain.
Coleman plants here.

What a Bullsh#t story, naturally from the New York Post. I just read the tornado coverage in the local Kentucky paper we subscribed to, and delivered for many years, The Paducah Sun. There was absolutely no mention of any report like the Post's, so you can bet it didn't happen if not in the paper that serves West Kentucky and has for generations. Anybody that thinks locals in the small rural Western Kentucky town of Mayfield would trust a reporter from New York City with that kind of assertion over the paper they have read for years or the local WPSD-TV News Channel 6, also in Paducah (21 miles away) doesn't know small rural West Kentucky town people.
Oh.

Should they have went to the well-known reporting powerhouse Mayfield Gazette

Of course they wouldn't now, but if the tornado had not destroyed the factory, all those who left to be with their family would likely be fired, and nobody would even know about it.

Of course they wouldn't now, but if the tornado had not destroyed the factory, all those who left to be with their family would likely be fired, and nobody would even know about it.
Poppycock!!

The company started a fund for their employees who were affected by this storm....which means they totally value their employees and would never treat them in such a way as being described...

I am sure some woke-left union group is behind this

There are multiple witnesses to this, and you'd have to be a fool to think a company like that wouldn't threaten to fire folks for leaving in the middle of a shift.
Even the post said people left anyway. If you tried to keep those people from getting to their families during an emergency, you'd be in a heap, beside the door.

Yea, a communist slave sweatshop would treat workers so much better. Gosh, if we were only more like China stuff like this would never happen.
Capitalism happens to value labor markets in China...so obviously, those workers are treated well enough for "Capitalism" to do business there....

Forum List

Back