Woman prays to Jesus during a Bear Attack

The bear prayed to his god to send some food his way.
Or, she prayed to hher god that the interloper wouldn't kill her children.

Glad she survived but the point is, if one believes in a god, one must see that god put the bear there in the first place.

The bear prayed to his god to send some food his way.
Or, she prayed to hher god that the interloper wouldn't kill her children.

Glad she survived but the point is, if one believes in a god, one must see that god put the bear there in the first place.
This is a fairytale, right?

"I could hear its teeth going through my scalp": Watch woman tell of surviving savage bear attack

Mum-of-two Terri Franna, 45, caught a pack of five bears rummaging through her garbage cans outside her home in Orlando on Saturday.

One of the animals lunged at the helpless mum and sunk its teeth deep into her scalp as it tried to drag her away.

But desperate mum Terri managed to fight back and free herself. She was raced to hospital where she ended 30 staples and 10 stitches to stop the bleeding.

Remarkably she survived the ordeal and law-enforcement officials later spotted and killed four bears which they found roaming the area and acting aggressively.

Terri, who had just returned home to find the animals in her garden, told how she believed she was facing certain death.

She told local TV station WESH-TV: "I could hear her teeth marks going through my scalp.

"The bear was growling and drooling. It was just terrifying."

During the interview, Speaking with fresh scars still visible on her face, she added: "I just thought 'God, please, this can't be the end. It can't end like this.' I literally heard Jesus say to me, 'It's OK, you will be at peace with us,.

"I replied, 'Please, my kids need me.' Then the bear released my head. She let go of my head and I knew I had to get up off that ground and get away, otherwise I was not going to make it."

WATCH: Bear attack survivor tells of horror - "I could hear its teeth going through my scalp" - Mirror Online

I wonder how many people pray during a life-death situation....and die...so we never hear if they prayed or not?

So if she were mauled to death then what would that mean about her prayers?
When the outcome is favourable, Christians are quick to take credit for the power of prayer. But when the situation is fatal, they make up some other excuse why prayer was not the answer.

Not all bears attack people. You came upon a peaceful one. That does not translate to some sort of mystical powers on your part for believing in the lord. You are not invincible, period. And you are not above anyone else.

I beg your pardon but I have angelic protection 7 days a week. Not to mention my own authority in prayer, Pacer. If you do not believe in the divine protection of God or the divine providence of God that is your choice. I know otherwise. As to the different realms.. 2 Kings 6:17 gives a great picture of what I'm referring to - when Elisha prayed that God would open Gehazis eyes to see into the unseen realm and know God had the situation under control..

So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17Then Elisha prayed and said, "O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 18When they came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD and said, "Strike this people with blindness, I pray." So He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.…

That is what I call divine protection, Pacer, and God still provides that same protection to His Servants today. Somewhere on the earth it is happening every single day. God is good to His servants. VERY GOOD. But so that you do not feel I have not given adequate scripture you are free to read the biblical account of Daniel - who spent the night in a lions den - not by choice - nothing to do with his putting God to a foolish test - he just happened to have angered the idolaters and soothsayers who knew he was praying to the One true God. ( their enemy ) So they plotted against him until they could have him thrown into the lions den. ( Daniel refused to stop praying to God 3 times a day - he opened the window for good measure so everyone could hear him! ha! ha! )

As for the lions...... The angels were with Daniel and the lions did not eat him. These same lions did eat his enemies however which were promptly tossed into that den with their families once the King learned Daniels God was with him! Hmm..... how did those lions know who was who?

Is my God with me today as God was with Daniel in his day? Yes. He is. I know He is.

- Jeremiah

And Achilles got hit in the heel by an arrow.
How do you know which myth is which?
How do adults wind up believing this stuff is real?

Clearly it would mean she didn't pray enough. It's like meter on a game show where God will smite her or something...unless she prays hard enough to move the arrow on the meter. Pass the magic mark and God answers your prayers. Don't pass it and become bear fodder. :eusa_pray:

I personally like the story in the Bible where the kids were making fun of some prophet's bald spot, so he prays for some bears to kill the children and the bears show up and kill the children. Nothing say Holy Man doing God's work like having wild animals devour school kids because they said your comb over looks stupid. :eusa_pray:

Not all bears attack people. You came upon a peaceful one. That does not translate to some sort of mystical powers on your part for believing in the lord. You are not invincible, period. And you are not above anyone else.

I beg your pardon but I have angelic protection 7 days a week. Not to mention my own authority in prayer, Pacer. If you do not believe in the divine protection of God or the divine providence of God that is your choice. I know otherwise. As to the different realms.. 2 Kings 6:17 gives a great picture of what I'm referring to - when Elisha prayed that God would open Gehazis eyes to see into the unseen realm and know God had the situation under control..

So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17Then Elisha prayed and said, "O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 18When they came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD and said, "Strike this people with blindness, I pray." So He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.…

That is what I call divine protection, Pacer, and God still provides that same protection to His Servants today. Somewhere on the earth it is happening every single day. God is good to His servants. VERY GOOD. But so that you do not feel I have not given adequate scripture you are free to read the biblical account of Daniel - who spent the night in a lions den - not by choice - nothing to do with his putting God to a foolish test - he just happened to have angered the idolaters and soothsayers who knew he was praying to the One true God. ( their enemy ) So they plotted against him until they could have him thrown into the lions den. ( Daniel refused to stop praying to God 3 times a day - he opened the window for good measure so everyone could hear him! ha! ha! )

As for the lions...... The angels were with Daniel and the lions did not eat him. These same lions did eat his enemies however which were promptly tossed into that den with their families once the King learned Daniels God was with him! Hmm..... how did those lions know who was who?

Is my God with me today as God was with Daniel in his day? Yes. He is. I know He is.

- Jeremiah

Achilles is greek mythology. The biblical account of the prophets is factual.

Clearly it would mean she didn't pray enough. It's like meter on a game show where God will smite her or something...unless she prays hard enough to move the arrow on the meter. Pass the magic mark and God answers your prayers. Don't pass it and become bear fodder. :eusa_pray:

I personally like the story in the Bible where the kids were making fun of some prophet's bald spot, so he prays for some bears to kill the children and the bears show up and kill the children. Nothing say Holy Man doing God's work like having wild animals devour school kids because they said your comb over looks stupid. :eusa_pray:

He was a prophet and they were mocking him. Children? Youths in their 20's perhaps but children? No...

The scriptures warn, Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm. Did those guys have access to that information? Yes. Did they heed it? Obviously not..

Last edited:

He was a prophet and they were mocking him. Children? Youths in their 20's perhaps but children? No...

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
25 And he went from thence to mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria.

Says children right there in the King James Version. 2 Kings 2:23-25 KJV - And he went up from thence unto Bethel: - Bible Gateway

- Jeremiah

Achilles is greek mythology. The biblical account of the prophets is factual.

Like I said.
How do adults wind up believing such things? Even the Hebrews who wrote these stories knew them as parables.
Amazing.

"I could hear its teeth going through my scalp": Watch woman tell of surviving savage bear attack

Mum-of-two Terri Franna, 45, caught a pack of five bears rummaging through her garbage cans outside her home in Orlando on Saturday.

One of the animals lunged at the helpless mum and sunk its teeth deep into her scalp as it tried to drag her away.

But desperate mum Terri managed to fight back and free herself. She was raced to hospital where she ended 30 staples and 10 stitches to stop the bleeding.

Remarkably she survived the ordeal and law-enforcement officials later spotted and killed four bears which they found roaming the area and acting aggressively.

Terri, who had just returned home to find the animals in her garden, told how she believed she was facing certain death.

She told local TV station WESH-TV: "I could hear her teeth marks going through my scalp.

"The bear was growling and drooling. It was just terrifying."

During the interview, Speaking with fresh scars still visible on her face, she added: "I just thought 'God, please, this can't be the end. It can't end like this.' I literally heard Jesus say to me, 'It's OK, you will be at peace with us,.

"I replied, 'Please, my kids need me.' Then the bear released my head. She let go of my head and I knew I had to get up off that ground and get away, otherwise I was not going to make it."

WATCH: Bear attack survivor tells of horror - "I could hear its teeth going through my scalp" - Mirror Online

I wonder how many people pray during a life-death situation....and die...so we never hear if they prayed or not?

How about be prayed up daily so that you are prepared when the unexpected happens? That might be a novel idea for a few folks here but a wise practice to take up! Especially in these times.

There were two groups crossing a bridge that was in danger of blowing up. One group stopped to pray and the other ran across without praying. The latter group didn't make it. Someone said why didn't you stop to pray like the others who perished on the bridge? They said, we prayed before we crossed the bridge.

Good night everyone. - Jeri

How about be prayed up daily so that you are prepared when the unexpected happens? That might be a novel idea for a few folks here but a wise practice to take up! Especially in these times.

There were two groups crossing a bridge that was in danger of blowing up. One group stopped to pray and the other ran across without praying. The latter group didn't make it. Someone said why didn't you stop to pray like the others who perished on the bridge? They said, we prayed before we crossed the bridge.

Oh, there were survivors?

Last edited:
Jeremiah, never think you are invincible. You are not above anyone else. Everyone needs to use common sense and be careful. Wild animals do not discriminate.

Ecclesiastes is a whole book about how it rains on the righteous and the unrighteous.
That book never gets quoted.

right....none of us have ever heard....
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
25 And he went from thence to mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria.

Says children right there in the King James Version. 2 Kings 2:23-25 KJV - And he went up from thence unto Bethel: - Bible Gateway

right....who on earth would feel threatened by a group of 42 boys......

Jeremiah, never think you are invincible. You are not above anyone else. Everyone needs to use common sense and be careful. Wild animals do not discriminate.

Ecclesiastes is a whole book about how it rains on the righteous and the unrighteous.
That book never gets quoted.

right....none of us have ever heard....
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

The only thing anyone knows from the book.
An old Byrds song.
When was the last time you referred to Ecclesiastes without being prompted?
Be honest, if you know the word.

right....who on earth would feel threatened by a group of 42 boys......

And if the passage mentioned actually attacking the prophet, you might have a point. They made fun of him. They mocked him and he killed 42 kids for it.

See the bold above?
Your story says the ones that stopped and prayed perished on the bridge!!!!!
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back