Woman stops attack after getting hit in face...uses gun..no shots fired...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So....anti gun nuts like the Colorado Congresswoman, and President obama say that women are unable to use guns effectively to defend themselves...so they don't need them.....

This woman shows that even ambushed, struck in the face with a blunt object, and facing a large, aggressive male.....whose intent very likely included rape, and robbery and possibly murder.....used a gun to drive him off...and never fired a shot....

Woman Scares off Assailant With Stick. Just Kidding, it was a gun.

Just before 7pm on Wednesday night, a 29 year-old woman had gathered up her dog and headed outside to… well, to let her dog do what dogs do.

Upon her first step outside her Minot, North Dakota home, she was hit solidly in the face with a blunt object, knocking her backward down the stairs and into her home.

Her assailant followed her into her home and started to approach her, but the woman had made it to a cabinet where she retrieved a handgun to protect herself and her home.

When confronted with the firearm, the violent intruder and would-be robber/rapist/murderer fled the scene.

The smart, independent, gun-owning woman did not require medical attention, most likely due to the fact that she was able to pull a weapon on her assailant to end the attack.

Okay anti gun nuts....here is where your beliefs meet the rubber to the road....

Imagine I have magic, anti gun nut, pixie dust. This pixie dust allows me to send anti gunners back in time...and by going back in time, they can disarm this woman...take her gun just before she is attacked.....since allowing her to have this gun is unecessary...right?

If this were possible...would you go back in time and disarm this woman...?

Let me say this...I know most of you will not comment...because you are cowards....but there is always hope...

So....anti gun nuts like the Colorado Congresswoman, and President obama say that women are unable to use guns effectively to defend themselves...so they don't need them.....

This woman shows that even ambushed, struck in the face with a blunt object, and facing a large, aggressive male.....whose intent very likely included rape, and robbery and possibly murder.....used a gun to drive him off...and never fired a shot....

Just before 7pm on Wednesday night, a 29 year-old woman had gathered up her dog and headed outside to… well, to let her dog do what dogs do.

Upon her first step outside her Minot, North Dakota home, she was hit solidly in the face with a blunt object, knocking her backward down the stairs and into her home.

Her assailant followed her into her home and started to approach her, but the woman had made it to a cabinet where she retrieved a handgun to protect herself and her home.

When confronted with the firearm, the violent intruder and would-be robber/rapist/murderer fled the scene.

The smart, independent, gun-owning woman did not require medical attention, most likely due to the fact that she was able to pull a weapon on her assailant to end the attack.

Okay anti gun nuts....here is where your beliefs meet the rubber to the road....

Imagine I have magic, anti gun nut, pixie dust. This pixie dust allows me to send anti gunners back in time...and by going back in time, they can disarm this woman...take her gun just before she is attacked.....since allowing her to have this gun is unecessary...right?

Let me say this...I know most of you will not comment...because you are cowards....but there is always hope...
Lucky, and he was kind of dumb eh? Had he not dropped her near the gun he would have gotten what he wanted, and a gun maybe, whatever the hell that was.

Still, you have to ask, why did she not shoot? If you won't kill someone, don't bother owning a gun.

Lucky, and he was kind of dumb eh? Had he not dropped her near the gun he would have gotten what he wanted, and a gun maybe, whatever the hell that was.

Still, you have to ask, why did she not shoot? If you won't kill someone, don't bother owning a gun.

Yes...not everyone is a sociopath like you paint.......normal people do not want to shoot anyone...even violent thugs...and in most cases only shoot when the criminal is too stupid to back off in the face of a gun pointing right at them.....

Yes...not everyone is a sociopath like you paint.......normal people do not want to shoot anyone...even violent thugs...and in most cases only shoot when the criminal is too stupid to back off in the face of a gun pointing right at them.....
If you have a gun in your hands and you won't or don't shoot, you shouldn't have a gun in your hands, period.

I'm surprised, you ought to be deeply disappointed that she didn't kill him?

If you have a gun in your hands and you won't or don't shoot, you shouldn't have a gun in your hands, period.

Only you sociopaths on the anti gun side want criminals ventilated for no reason. If the thug runs away there is no reason to shoot them, let alone injure or kill them....it would be nice to hold them for police...but ending the threat is the only thing a victim needs to do...anything else is up to the police.....

Only you sociopaths on the anti gun side want criminals ventilated for no reason. If the thug runs away there is no reason to shoot them, let alone injure or kill them....it would be nice to hold them for police...but ending the threat is the only thing a victim needs to do...anything else is up to the police.....
Hey, braintrust, now he knows what to do right next time and he's alive and well to try again. Had she shot him, killing him or not, we'd have the SOB but because she never should have had a gun, she wouldn't use it, his next victim is soon to be. She just made him better at what he does because she couldn't man-up and kill someone. She needs a gun like a hole in the head. She might as well as given him the goddamn thing for all the help she just gave society.

Thank you 2aguy
I'm sure there are a lot more stories that happen this way, so thanks for posting one!

As for anti-gun folks, the only argument I could think of would be that
the woman's use of a gun did not stop this man from going to attack someone else.
he is still criminally ill, and the problem of mental illness is not addressed by guns or punishment.

We still need to address how to diagnose and treat mental illness
BEFORE anyone goes out to attack, like addressing alcoholic addiction BEFORE
someone gets in a car. Or actually has a wreck and hurts or kills someone.

So in addition to deterrence we STILL need to address the root cause of the attacker's mental illness.

NOTE TO ANTI-GUN ADVOCATES READING OR AGREEING WITH THIS ARGUMENT:
THE NUMBER ONE WAY I HAVE FOUND TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT AND CURE MENTAL
AND CRIMINAL ILLNESS IS SPIRITUAL HEALING THAT CHRISTIANS PRACTICE FOR FREE.

SO YOU CANNOT GO AROUND DEMANDING BETTER MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT
TO PREVENT CRIME AND GO AROUND REJECTING AND DEMONIZING CHRISTIANITY.

If you really want to stop crime, gun violence, the death penalty, police brutality, prison abuses,
then you would support CHRISTIAN SPIRITUAL HEALING that cures mental, criminal and physical illness.

see resources for medical research: freespiritualhealing

Especially if you are a liberal who wants to afford health care universally for all,
you would support converting prisons into medical schools and facilities by
research into and public access to spiritual healing that is free, natural and would cut costs of
disease, crime, prison and medical expenses so the public could afford to take care of entire populations
with the same resources currently wasted on failed prison and mental health systems. Thank you!

Looks like the only one deeply disappointed she didn't kill him is you. Cops point their guns at many people they don't end up shooting, why should it be any different for a citizen?

Umadbro?

Biohazard clean up is a bitch.

Hey, braintrust, now he knows what to do right next time and he's alive and well to try again. Had she shot him, killing him or not, we'd have the SOB but because she never should have had a gun, she wouldn't use it, his next victim is soon to be. She just made him better at what he does because she couldn't man-up and kill someone. She needs a gun like a hole in the head. She might as well as given him the goddamn thing for all the help she just gave society.

Well....he might target you next time...that would be a plus.......

She did what she had to do to survive....and now the police get to do their job....

What is it with you anti gun morons.........you bitch and bitch and bitch about normal people owning guns....and then you keep bitching if they use them responsibly and safely.....

You love it when innocent people die from guns.....you love it if a normal gun owner screws up with a gun......sadly for you.....356,991,876 million guns owners are responsible......

Biohazard clean up is a bitch.
We're good at it, here. We have to be.

Looks like the only one deeply disappointed she didn't kill him is you. Cops point their guns at many people they don't end up shooting, why should it be any different for a citizen?

Umadbro?
A cop who pulled a gun and didn't fire, didn't need to.

I have to admit, I wouldn't hesitate to ventilate the guy if he already entered my house on an errand of criminal aggression. But that's me.

Thank you 2aguy
I'm sure there are a lot more stories that happen this way, so thanks for posting one!

As for anti-gun folks, the only argument I could think of would be that
the woman's use of a gun did not stop this man from going to attack someone else.
he is still criminally ill, and the problem of mental illness is not addressed by guns or punishment.

We still need to address how to diagnose and treat mental illness
BEFORE anyone goes out to attack, like addressing alcoholic addiction BEFORE
someone gets in a car. Or actually has a wreck and hurts or kills someone.

So in addition to deterrence we STILL need to address the root cause of the attacker's mental illness.

NOTE TO ANTI-GUN ADVOCATES READING OR AGREEING WITH THIS ARGUMENT:
THE NUMBER ONE WAY I HAVE FOUND TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT AND CURE MENTAL
AND CRIMINAL ILLNESS IS SPIRITUAL HEALING THAT CHRISTIANS PRACTICE FOR FREE.

SO YOU CANNOT GO AROUND DEMANDING BETTER MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT
TO PREVENT CRIME AND GO AROUND REJECTING AND DEMONIZING CHRISTIANITY.

If you really want to stop crime, gun violence, the death penalty, police brutality, prison abuses,
then you would support CHRISTIAN SPIRITUAL HEALING that cures mental, criminal and physical illness.

see resources for medical research: freespiritualhealing

Especially if you are a liberal who wants to afford health care universally for all,
you would support converting prisons into medical schools and facilities by
research into and public access to spiritual healing that is free, natural and would cut costs of
disease, crime, prison and medical expenses so the public could afford to take care of entire populations
with the same resources currently wasted on failed prison and mental health systems. Thank you!
Christianity does not heal mental illness. In fact it doesn't heal anything except our relationship to God through Christ crucified and risen. People who suffer from schizophrenia, bipolar, or other crippling mental illnesses continue in those conditions just like those with physical disabilities when they come to Christ. Though God can and sometimes does intervene with miracles, Christianity is about uniting our suffering with Christ's and looking with hope to the day when he will make all things whole again.

Forum List

Back