Women file suit

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
Agaisnt the military

KDBC 4 CBS: Servicewomen Sue Military

"Four servicewomen who have done tours in Iraq and Afghanistan filed a suit against the Defense Department Tuesday challenging the military's longstanding policy against women in ground combat.

Some of the plaintiffs led female troops who went on missions with combat infantrymen, according to the American Civil Liberties Union, which is representing the women.

"Their careers and opportunities have been limited by a policy that does not grant them the same recognition for their service as their male counterparts," the ACLU said. "The combat exclusion policy also makes it harder for them to do their jobs."

From the complaint:

The DoD's policy is one of the last vestiges of federal dejure discrimination
against women. Nearly a century after women first earned the right of suffrage, the combat exclusion policy still denies women a core component of full citizenship-serving on equal footing in the military defense of our nation. Plaintiffs respectfully ask this Court to: (1) declare that the DoD's combat exclusion policy is unconstitutional and violates Plaintiffs' rights to equal protection of the laws under the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment; and (2) enjoin the DoD from enforcing the combat exclusion policy in the future.

http://www.aclu.org/files/assets/embargoed_aclu_lawsuit.pdf

It will be interesting to see how the government attempts to defend a policy that clearly violates equal protection doctrine – what objective evidence does the government have to justify the exclusion, what’s the rationale, and how is the policy not based solely on the subjective motive to ‘protect’ the ‘weaker sex,’ or keep male soldiers out of harm’s way, their safety ‘jeopardized’ by women.

What a Country. A couple of possibly deranged women sue the government because their sisters did not have the opportunity to have their arms and legs blown off in combat and left wing males flee to
Canada if they fear they might be drafted.

From the complaint:

The DoD's policy is one of the last vestiges of federal dejure discrimination
against women. Nearly a century after women first earned the right of suffrage, the combat exclusion policy still denies women a core component of full citizenship-serving on equal footing in the military defense of our nation. Plaintiffs respectfully ask this Court to: (1) declare that the DoD's combat exclusion policy is unconstitutional and violates Plaintiffs' rights to equal protection of the laws under the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment; and (2) enjoin the DoD from enforcing the combat exclusion policy in the future.

http://www.aclu.org/files/assets/embargoed_aclu_lawsuit.pdf

It will be interesting to see how the government attempts to defend a policy that clearly violates equal protection doctrine – what objective evidence does the government have to justify the exclusion, what’s the rationale, and how is the policy not based solely on the subjective motive to ‘protect’ the ‘weaker sex,’ or keep male soldiers out of harm’s way, their safety ‘jeopardized’ by women.

Women as a general rule simply do not have the same physical capacity to withstand sustained combat. A very simple, very real fact.

You will just have to sue Mother Nature for discrimination.

Can you have the best military in the world with all men?

Yes.

Can you have the best military in the world with all women?

No.

Sorry.

They aren't up to it, sorry.

Men don't want them in the hole with them.

Agaisnt the military

KDBC 4 CBS: Servicewomen Sue Military

"Four servicewomen who have done tours in Iraq and Afghanistan filed a suit against the Defense Department Tuesday challenging the military's longstanding policy against women in ground combat.

Some of the plaintiffs led female troops who went on missions with combat infantrymen, according to the American Civil Liberties Union, which is representing the women.

"Their careers and opportunities have been limited by a policy that does not grant them the same recognition for their service as their male counterparts," the ACLU said. "The combat exclusion policy also makes it harder for them to do their jobs."

What a Country. A couple of possibly deranged women sue the government because their sisters did not have the opportunity to have their arms and legs blown off in combat and left wing males flee to
Canada if they fear they might be drafted.

Crazy as hell ! but its part of what makes the US so great.

Can you have the best military in the world with all men?

Yes.

Can you have the best military in the world with all women?

No.

Sorry.

the best military in the world is the one that is never used.

yours truly,

George B. McClellan

George B. McClellan. The most incompetent boob of a general in American history. He's an expert at not using an army. :lol:

Last edited:
I was Military Police, I had woman partner...it forced me to over compensate in certain situations because I knew if my ass was on the line she would not be able to get me out of there.

The men don't want them there, that's the truest thing mentioned so far.

I was Military Police, I had woman partner...it forced me to over compensate in certain situations because I knew if my ass was on the line she would not be able to get me out of there.

So?

My husband has had to pick up slack for other soldiers before, it's not special to those who have a vagina.

So?

My husband has had to pick up slack for other soldiers before, it's not special to those who have a vagina.

I don't think it has anything to do with a vagina , rather lack of strength and stamina.

Notice I did not use the adjective " truculence" ;)

So?

The stories any of us who have served can tell you about vaginas would keep you entertained all day. Especially when said vaginas were bleeding or when their uteruses were occupied.

All kinds of special considerations are given to women, including much lower physical standards. And in situations involving a lot of team work, women are almost always given the least physically demanding tasks in the group.

You are just going to have to sue Mother Nature for discrimination.

She couldn't get me out of a bad situation, she was physically incapable.

I did't want her there, sorry if that hurts your feelers, its just the way it is.

They don't belong.

So?

I agree that women have inherently less physical strength than the average male counterpart.

However I don't agree that that excludes them from all combat positions. They should have the opportunity to test for those jobs and no, I don't believe in reduced standards for women.

Forum List

Back