Women in Combat!!!

Women are now allowed to go into combat zones as soldiers. I support this as long as, they don't create a draft that would force women into combat zones!

If the draft was in effect, why shouldn't they be treated equally to men? That's right, all this talk about equality doesn't involve having to do what men do.

This is something that hits close to home for me. I joined the US Army in 1967 (just out of high school) and spent 6 years in the Army, serving 2 of those years in Vietnam. Now I'm retired and have an 18 y/o granddaughter. She will graduate from high school in June and has her heart set on going to college and medical school.
Personally, I don't believe women should be drafted or allowed to serve in combat units. However should women be required to register for the draft, and to be allowed or required to serve in combat units, I can't in good conscience say that my granddaughter should be exempted from such requirements or service. If a law were passed to require her to register, and then be called to report for duty, I would not discourage or hide her from eweither.
Well I can.........You end up depending on my daughter's for your freedom in a war kiss it goodbye.....Not because they are lazy or unpatriotic or anything else other than they are not suited to be soldiers. Youngest is 16 and might weigh close to 100lbs .....How much equip do you think she'll be able to carry......The oldest doesn't have a confrontational bone in her body.......Most of their friends are the same as far as size and strength........You draft women prepare to get your ass kicked on the field......

Forum List

Back