Women in Combat!!!

Women are now allowed to go into combat zones as soldiers. I support this as long as, they don't create a draft that would force women into combat zones!

women in combat is not in the order of things because they are not as strong as men. Like the bible say, they are the "weaker sex" and each, men and women has theri places in the human society. All men are created equal, not all men and women, in the image of GOD.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/military/274822-all-men-created-equal.html

Can you have the best fighting force in the world with an all male military?

Yes.

Can you have the best fighting force in the world with an all female military?

No.

A quick perusal of the physical fitness requirements for men and women in the military tells you all you need to know. This is about paychecks over security.

women has their place in the military, it's just not on the front line.

You know...we draft some Snooki and Paris Hilton wannabe girls and some mall rat chicks and toss them into battle against some Chinese Red Army broads someday, and there will be torch rallies in front of the houses of all the dipshits who thought women in combat was a great idea.

And hopefully the police protecting them from the mob will be chicks, too. BWA-HA-HA-HA!

You can say the same for some liittle punk ass bithes playing militia games, starting race wars and planning to over throw the government and Doom Day Preppers so busy preparing for the end of the world that they forget how to live today. :cuckoo:

Women are now allowed to go into combat zones as soldiers. I support this as long as, they don't create a draft that would force women into combat zones!

women in combat is not in the order of things because they are not as strong as men. Like the bible say, they are the "weaker sex" and each, men and women has theri places in the human society.
Yeah.....how "odd" all those dudes (who WROTE the Bible) always managed to stack-the-deck.....

Any woman, who buys this happy-horseshit, pretty-much deserves the life-long babysitter she was bargaining-for!!

Last edited:
Can you have the best fighting force in the world with an all male military?

Yes.

Can you have the best fighting force in the world with an all female military?

No.

A quick perusal of the physical fitness requirements for men and women in the military tells you all you need to know. This is about paychecks over security.

women has their place in the military, it's just not on the front line.

I agree, for the most part. I am not really happy about women being in the military in the first place.

They definitely should not be in combat. You cannot make Mother Nature politically correct no matter how hard you try.

The problem with women who serve in non-combat roles is that they are taking up billets in the rear which means those billets are not available to the front line troops for rotation.

But if there was a shortage of males available for the military, women could be used to fill the gaps with non-combat billets.

If.

Why not just set some minimum physical standards for combat duty and apply those strandards regardless of gender?

Those minimum physical standards already exist. That is what every male must already meet.

So the female's standards would have to be raised to that of the males.

Good luck with that!

Why not just set some minimum physical standards for combat duty and apply those strandards regardless of gender?

Those minimum physical standards already exist. That is what every male must already meet.

Good luck with that!

I've seen some of these guys in combat duty. I know a lot of women who would have no probably meeting the same standard those guys meet.

Good luck with that!

I've seen some of these guys in combat duty. I know a lot of women who would have no probably meeting the same standard those guys meet.

I knew very few women who could. In fact, only one springs to mind out of the 20 years I served.

On the other hand, the people in the "fat boy program" were mostly males. But I think that says a lot about just how easy the women's standards were. They damn near had to be dead to fail.

Last edited:

Good luck with that!

I knew very few women who could. In fact, only one springs to mind out of the 20 years I served.

On the other hand, the people in the "fat boy program" were mostly males. But I think that says a lot about just how easy the women's standards were. They damn near had to be dead to fail.

If it's one out of 100, then so be it. I don't think any opportunity (or responsibility) should be based on gender alone. Just MHO.

If it's one out of 100, then so be it. I don't think any opportunity (or responsibility) should be based on gender alone. Just MHO.

I don't either. And I would have gladly served in combat alongside the woman of whom I spoke. She was one of the toughest people who ever served with me, male or female. And she was gay, too. I didn't give a shit.

But I live in reality, and this is about promotions, not combat readiness. So the standards will not be identical. It will be a double standard, and they will allow weaker women to fill combat billets so they can get a bigger paycheck down the line.

This is the reality.

Last edited:
Ummm women have long been allowed in combat zones. There were plenty of women in the Kuwait Theater during Desert Storm.

The Policy in AR 600-13 was
The Army’s assignment policy for female soldiers allows women to serve in any officer or enlisted specialty or position except in those specialties, positions, or units (battalion size or smaller) which are assigned a routine mission to engage in direct combat, or which collocate routinely with units assigned a direct combat mission.
So women in an Infantry, Armor, or Cavalry Brigade/Squadron? Yep (though ACRs prohibited women until 1994). Any support brigade/battalion/company in a division or corps? Yep. In a combat zone? Yep. In a missle or ADA unit? Yep. Infantry, Armor, Cavalry, Gun artillery MOS? Nope. Combat Engineer? Nope.

The problem with women who serve in non-combat roles is that they are taking up billets in the rear which means those billets are not available to the front line troops for rotation.
Absolutely untrue. No woman could have held an 11B or 19K etc MOS preventing a male in that MOS from rotating back. And the non-combat MOS women deployed same as men.

Absolutely untrue. No woman could have held an 11B or 19K etc MOS preventing a male in that MOS from rotating back. And the non-combat MOS women deployed same as men.

It is true across several billets across all the services. There are a great many billets that are interchangeable between men and women.

I'd much rather serve next to a drafted patriotic woman in the military than some drafted pole-smoking Liberal.

Very true many women would have great soldiers, but I have a selfish reason, I don't want any of my 3 girls getting draft. I wouldn't want my son either, but I could deal with that better than my 3 girls!

Call me old fashioned if you wish but I do not feel it is appropriate for women to be stationed aboard naval warships or to be allowed to serve in combat zones. It ain't right.

It is true across several billets across all the services. There are a great many billets that are interchangeable between men and women.

Yes, and they are filled by either in or out of a combat zone. Women are not kept in the rear any more than men. Women are not taking up bullets in the rear denying them to men as you seem to be claiming.

Last edited:
Uncle Ferd would go fer dat...
icon_wink.gif

Female Marines to Sleep Next to Male Marines in Field
Jan 27, 2017 | Female infantry Marines will be sleeping in makeshift shelters next to their male counterparts when out in the field and no special accommodation will be offered to them, a Marine Corps official said Thursday.
Marines in the field stay in everything from a large, single room shelter filled with dozens of cots to sleeping under tarps or nothing at all, said Maj. Charles Anklam III, executive officer for 1st Battalion, 8th Marines at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina — the first gender-integrated Marine infantry battalion. Female Marines have private rooms and bathrooms in their living quarters, and female bathrooms have been added to buildings where Marines work. But female Marines will be expected to share any living spaces with male squad members in the field to keep unit cohesion and replicate battlefield conditions, he said. "We're not changing our tactical posture or changing how we operate to accommodate the inclusion of female Marines," Anklam said.

marine-corps-recruits-1500-ts600.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Recruits from Platoon 4045, N. Co., 4th Battalion, Recruit Training Regiment, practice sighting in on the range at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, S.C.​

The battalion accepted its first three females in early January, marking the first time the Marine Corps has put three enlisted women in a ground combat unit once open only to men. They will serve as a rifleman, machine gunner and mortar Marine. Anklam said female Marines deployed to conflict zones have shared tents with their male counterparts at times. But this marks the first time female Marines will be doing so during their regular training with their combat unit. Their entry into the unit was part of efforts to comply with the Pentagon's directive in December 2015 to open all military jobs to women. That decision also formally recognized the thousands of female servicewomen who fought in the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, including those who were killed or wounded.

Opponents of the Obama administration's policy change voiced concern about the two genders sharing tents. "You're going to have sex, you're going to have love, you're going to have relationships, and it's going to overly complicate the command structure," Marine veteran, Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter of California, told the Marine Corps Times. Another opponent, Elaine Donnelly of the Center for Military Readiness, said the three women will serve separately within units of men. Small teams traditionally sleep together in tents on deployment but having mixed genders will affect the atmosphere, she added. "Policy makers should be held accountable for creating conditions that will encourage indiscipline rather than discipline," she said in a statement.

Female Marines to Sleep Next to Male Marines in Field | Military.com

Forum List

Back