Words of Comfort from God

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

John 14: 1 - 4

"Quotes are the mental furniture of my life. From certain angles my inner landscape resembles a gallery hung with half-recalled citations, the rags and tag-ends of a lifetime of reading and listening." Geoffrey O’Brien

"The tendency to claim God as an ally for our partisan value and ends is the source of all religious fanaticism." Reinhold Niebuhr

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." Einstein

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." Abraham Lincoln

"My whole religion is this: do every duty, and expect no reward for it, either here or hereafter." Bertrand Russell

"If one serves their religion ahead of their responsibility as a citizen they are forsaking for themselves the same rights as a citizen." Anon

"To know a person's religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance." Eric Hoffer

"Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired." Robert F. Kennedy

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." Anais Nin

"Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible, but man's inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary." Reinhold Niebuhr

"I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy." Thomas Paine

"Anyone who oppresses the poor is insulting God who made them. To help the poor is to honor God." Prov. 14:31

"The Christian who is pure and without fault, from God the Father's point of view, is the one who takes care of orphans and widows, and who remains true to the Lord--not soiled and dirtied by his contacts with the world." James 1:27

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

Now 'words of comfort' from the Bible are 'partisan.' Who knew?

Perhaps with a little bit of participation, this thread can go in the direction it was intended.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (Ps 23)

Thank you for posting this thread. I agree that posting it here should make it possible to post our beliefs without fear of being attacked for them.

1466136_677356288952906_446012232_n.jpg

From James 2:

14 aWhat doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath bfaith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a abrother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily bfood,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye agive them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so afaith, if it hath not bworks, is dead, being alone.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I love John 14. I love the entire Book. It is very comforting to know that God is in full control. He is. Even when it doesn't look like it. - Jeri

I love John 14. I love the entire Book. It is very comforting to know that God is in full control. He is. Even when it doesn't look like it. - Jeri

Those words were spoken to the anointed only--these rev 14:3

Not sure whether to respond politically or religiously so,
As a conservative that knows Jesus loves me:
Romans 8:1-39
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. ...

Republicans and Democrats. < maybe ;)

Last edited:
"Quotes are the mental furniture of my life. From certain angles my inner landscape resembles a gallery hung with half-recalled citations, the rags and tag-ends of a lifetime of reading and listening." Geoffrey O’Brien

"The tendency to claim God as an ally for our partisan value and ends is the source of all religious fanaticism." Reinhold Niebuhr

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." Einstein

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." Abraham Lincoln

"My whole religion is this: do every duty, and expect no reward for it, either here or hereafter." Bertrand Russell

"If one serves their religion ahead of their responsibility as a citizen they are forsaking for themselves the same rights as a citizen." Anon

"To know a person's religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance." Eric Hoffer

"Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired." Robert F. Kennedy

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." Anais Nin

"Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible, but man's inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary." Reinhold Niebuhr

"I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy." Thomas Paine

"Anyone who oppresses the poor is insulting God who made them. To help the poor is to honor God." Prov. 14:31

"The Christian who is pure and without fault, from God the Father's point of view, is the one who takes care of orphans and widows, and who remains true to the Lord--not soiled and dirtied by his contacts with the world." James 1:27

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

If you have something to give, then give it. If you don't have something to give, then don't give it. If you have everything, then you gave it all.

The life you think you have only deceives you of the life you can't see. That life is unthinkable until you're not deceived.

Many people desire what I have but they don't know what I have so they hate what I have because they don't have it.

The kingdom of God wasn’t meant for the deaf and blind to see and hear. It was meant for those who heard and now see.

Salvation is for everyone without a body.

We love things that we can see, touch and smell more than the one we should hear, obey and follow.

There is one that knows everything and that’s all we need to know.

A good strong light in your house will keep out the darkness.

A wise man knows that a fool lacks wisdom by the things he doesn’t understand.

One cannot search for wisdom and understanding. It is given to the wise who understand.

Finding God in religion is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It’s best to find the needle before you get lost in religion.

From inside here, it sure looks like hell out there.

I know this should make me feel much better, but it doesn't. Watching the Democrats collapse the United States is tragic. Just today, Harry Reid ensured more dictatorial power, an increased speed in fast tracking the U.S. to collapse, and more concentrated power in the hands of a few.

I know that someday I will be with The Lord. But watching the destruction of America by the Democrats doesn't make that reality any less painful to watch. I know my children and my grandchildren will never have the opportunities that I had - and that they deserve.

Trust the Lord, my friend. Christ came to proclaim liberty to the captive. It may look dark right now, but He will set us free. Those who seek to oppress have their days numbered. Have faith. Because it's always darkest right before the Lord delivers His people.

I know this should make me feel much better, but it doesn't. Watching the Democrats collapse the United States is tragic. Just today, Harry Reid ensured more dictatorial power, an increased speed in fast tracking the U.S. to collapse, and more concentrated power in the hands of a few.

I know that someday I will be with The Lord. But watching the destruction of America by the Democrats doesn't make that reality any less painful to watch. I know my children and my grandchildren will never have the opportunities that I had - and that they deserve.

Trust the Lord, my friend. Christ came to proclaim liberty to the captive. It may look dark right now, but He will set us free. Those who seek to oppress have their days numbered. Have faith. Because it's always darkest right before the Lord delivers His people.

Every man sleeps with his personal oppressor, the flesh.

Galations 5:
19: Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness,
20: idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit,
21: envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." - James 1:5

Now 'words of comfort' from the Bible are 'partisan.' Who knew?

Perhaps with a little bit of participation, this thread can go in the direction it was intended.

Yes, didn't you know? The whole meaning of life is just winning elections.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." - James 1:5

This is a false teaching by the Roman religious leaders who added this to their new testament. No man during this age will receive the hidden knowledge of God. Only us saints receive this knowledge and then used by our Creator to testify to it in writing and speaking. Our bodily movements are also a testimony of our true invisible existence in the mind of our Creator.

Forum List

Back