World day of Roma Gypsy language

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
Unfortunately I can't speak the Roma language, but in a globalized world where cultures and peoples are increasingly mixing, the language remains a unifying element. This is also a non-racist view of nationality through language, anti-racist and anti-imperialist patriotism.

Do you know that the Jews are the only race to ever revive their ancient language? And it was prophesied that they would in the Bible?

What is that suppossed to mean? The Roma dont need to revive their ancient language, because it was never lost. Also Hebrew probably was never completely lost, the first old testaments were written in hebrew, just that the jews in europe didnt commanly spoke it anymore, or not that many, but it was never lost, it was well recorded.

They hadn't spoken Hebrew for nearly two thousand years. The Jews dispersed to Germany spoke German, the ones in Russia spoke Russian and so on. But God called His people back home and they needed a common language, so they revived the Hebrew language. Just like it was prophesied in the Bible. It doesn't really have anything to do with your topic though. I saw your Mighty Lion for Judah and thought I'd throw a little Jewish trivia at ya. :)

They hadn't spoken Hebrew for nearly two thousand years. The Jews dispersed to Germany spoke German, the ones in Russia spoke Russian and so on. But God called His people back home and they needed a common language, so they revived the Hebrew language. Just like it was prophesied in the Bible. It doesn't really have anything to do with your topic though. I saw your Mighty Lion for Judah and thought I'd throw a little Jewish trivia at ya. :)
Ok but they had sources to draw from, i think there were enough texts in hebrew from the ancient world, and some jewish scholars, elders, teachers, rabbis might have known it at least for ceremonial purposes, after they found israel, they teached it to the masses.

Ok but they had sources to draw from, i think there were enough texts in hebrew from the ancient world, and some jewish scholars, elders, teachers, rabbis might have known it at least for ceremonial purposes, after they found israel, they teached it to the masses.

Yes.Latin is allegedly a 'dead language' as well, but it is still written and spoken anyway.

Do you know that the Jews are the only race to ever revive their ancient language? And it was prophesied that they would in the Bible?
I bow to your expert knowledge .
But how do you you revive a gobbledygook hotchpotch bag of lines and squiggles ?
Do you need a new CPR technique or do Jews walk around with defibrillators when visiting their parchment libraries ?

Forum List

Back