World-wide March against Monsanto tomorow

Why would you march against a Company that only wants to feed the world?

Don't you mean control the worlds food supply ?

One doesnt have to use Monsanto seeds. I havent seen the law yet that says otherwise.

Genetic seed licensing has caused a serious problem this year. Food prices are rising because of it. There was a drought last year & the genetic seed farms failed to produce enough seed for this years corn planting. Farmers like me have mixed corn in our bins but we are not allowed to plant it. The seed companies have the same problem we do. The seed company can't just buy corn on the commodities market, sort, clean & bag it for seed because all different genetics are combined together. If you plant this you get in serious legal trouble from the various corporations like Dupont, Stine, Monsanto, etc & will lose your farm.

Since the contracted seed corn farmers who keep the gene varieties separated failed to produce enough, there is now legally a shortage of corn seed even though there was physically enough to plant. I have never came across this conundrum before. I planned on planting at least half my 1,000 acres in corn but I only had seed for 25 acres. So that 25 acres is all that got planted. This is causing food prices soar. Congress needs to pass a law to allow planting of stored seed when seed companies fail to supply the market.

Why don't you march against the people who have the power to let Monsanto do what ever evil you think it does? Afraid you might tarnish the Hussein administration?

Thanks for that link. The "Myth 3" section confirms exactly what I'm talking about with geneitc pollution:

>> organic producers typically do try to minimize the presence of GMOs, because their customers don't want them. It's usually not too hard to keep contamination to a very low level. But there are crops — specifically canola and corn — in which it's extremely difficult to eliminate it entirely. <<

I don't believe Schmeiser is the "only" such event (nor does the writer say it is). When I get time I'll go find some and I'll bring 'em to ya.

Contamination is only at a very low level for the first few years. But each season your organic crop & seed supply gets a little more contamination.

Why don't you march against the people who have the power to let Monsanto do what ever evil you think it does? Afraid you might tarnish the Hussein administration?

Already have. There was a petition protesting the appointment of Michael Taylor to the FDA and I was pushing that, long before I got here. That kind of shit is inexcusable-- yet another DC revolving door scandal.

You guys wanna wet your pants over Benghazi, while Michael Taylor is just sitting there. Strange.

Forum List

Back