WorldNetDaily: Soy makes kids gay

Hey Xsited, how is that search for scientific studies coming along?? I know wading through the volumes of data that proves your case can be a daunting task but we'll just need a few to prove your case. That should be easy, eh?

he never made a case, in fact, he never attempted to make a case. he said the data was interesting, although it didn't prove what the headline purported. that's about it. you can go back to gloating over your *victory*, now.

:rofl:

This is exactly the point that YWN666 can't seem to grasp. Xsited won because he tried to have a rational discussion, YWN666 got owned because s/he wouldn't. What's the logical fallacy called when you think if you laugh hard enough you're right?

I tried that search myself ... the only thing I found was how soy has a ton of health benefits with no real side effects (unless you intake too much like everything else in life).

You need to do more research, because all I read about talked about the negative side effects of soy due to the estrogen in it, it can even cause cancer in men. Now I consider that a biggie.

Was the title of the article misused? Yep, Do you know any newspapers that don't misuse titles to get your attention?

I tried that search myself ... the only thing I found was how soy has a ton of health benefits with no real side effects (unless you intake too much like everything else in life).

You need to do more research, because all I read about talked about the negative side effects of soy due to the estrogen in it, it can even cause cancer in men. Now I consider that a biggie.

Was the title of the article misused? Yep, Do you know any newspapers that don't misuse titles to get your attention?

That's kinda backwards since estrogen has been used to treat (with great results) prostate cancer:

Estrogens in the treatment of prostate cancer, from the Prostate Cancer InfoLink site (preserved at Phoenix5)
Prostate Cancer Treatment Options
PROSTATE CANCER: Edgar Cayce Health Remedies: prostrate cancer
etc.

Though not as widely used today it had better results than most cancer treatments. Lately they have advanced a few newer techniques, simply because of the risks of HRT of any sort (mostly to the liver). Then there's the use of estrogens in men with anger issues to help them remain calmer, this practice isn't widely known but has also had decent results yet none of them have gotten cancer, just increased chances of liver problems.

Here's a collection of great health benefits in one list:
Benefits of Soy on Heart, Menopause and Cancer Prevention
Soy and Prostate Cancer <- Same site just focused on prostrate cancer.

Oh, and to avoid anyone looking like a fool, prostate cancer only occurs in men.

Odd, the spell check didn't catch those typos.

Last edited:
Hey Xsited, how is that search for scientific studies coming along?? I know wading through the volumes of data that proves your case can be a daunting task but we'll just need a few to prove your case. That should be easy, eh?

he never made a case, in fact, he never attempted to make a case. he said the data was interesting, although it didn't prove what the headline purported. that's about it. you can go back to gloating over your *victory*, now.

This is exactly the point that YWN666 can't seem to grasp. Xsited won because he tried to have a rational discussion, YWN666 got owned because s/he wouldn't. What's the logical fallacy called when you think if you laugh hard enough you're right?

I didn't realize that calling someone a troll is considered "rational discussion".

I criticized the credibility of WND and xsited called me on it and I supported my criticism (with rational discussion). He did not support his attack of my position..

Last edited:

I didn't realize that calling someone a troll is considered "rational discussion".

I criticized the credibility of WND and xsited called me on it and I supported my criticism (with rational discussion). He did not support his attack of my position..

You were called a troll after you didn't answer a question after it was posed 4 times. In fact, I don't think I ever caught an answer. I saw you try to dodge a few times by asking your own questions but that was about it. I don't like to be a name caller, but frankly I think you've earned the name. I've watched this pattern of yours over and over. You're not here to discuss, you're trolling.

When you google a topic and the only references you find are ones to WND it's a pretty safe bet there is no credible science supporting the claim that soy make you gay.

That's kinda backwards since estrogen has been used to treat (with great results) prostate cancer:

Estrogens in the treatment of prostate cancer, from the Prostate Cancer InfoLink site (preserved at Phoenix5)
etc.

Though not as widely used today it had better results than most cancer treatments. Lately they have advanced a few newer techniques, simply because of the risks of HRT of any sort (mostly to the liver). Then there's the use of estrogens in men with anger issues to help them remain calmer, this practice isn't widely known but has also had decent results yet none of them have gotten cancer, just increased chances of liver problems.

Oh, and to avoid anyone looking like a fool, prostate cancer only occurs in men.

Depends on the type of cancer, estrogen fed cancer is much more common. I know, that's what I had/have. That's why I'm taking pills to block the estrogen my body produces and that's why I have to avoid soy products.

etc.

Depends on the type of cancer, estrogen fed cancer is much more common. I know, that's what I had/have. That's why I'm taking pills to block the estrogen my body produces and that's why I have to avoid soy products.

... and your life pertains to men getting cancer how?

Never denied that it may increase the risk in some women, depending on their natural estrogen levels. This is why medications have to be monitored, however, soy processed as a suppliment is very different from soy processed for food. For instance, soy sauce (one of my favorites) contains no estrogen nor estrogen elevators ... but it is actually made from soy, the process of turning it into the sauce however changes the chemicals. Soy proteins contain very low to trace levels. Soy oils however contain the most, but those taste worse than the proteins. The oils are what they use for the suppliments, where the nutrients are extracted. However it takes a lot of soy to make enough for just one pill. Any time you mess with the physiology though you risk a lot of problems, cancer just being one, and the level of risk can never be fully predicted for everyone and must be based on individuals. This is why learning to listen to what your body says is so important for health. There are signs for everything, even when you increase your chances for cancer your body has messages it sends. However we have stopped learning to listen because we now use doctors and pills for everything, we have gotten into the habit of ignoring the body. For example, vitamin overdoses almost always have a skin pigment change (orange for vitamin C, that always makes me chuckle for some reason), pain for most internal problems (which are usually ignored and instead masked with pan killers like Aspirin), even migraines are actually the body telling you something is wrong (I get them whenever I get a certain infection, forcing me to nap a lot since I don't take pain meds for anything). Those few people who actually love the taste of raw soy (blech) and did not "acquire" the taste are most likely low in something it provides, perhaps even estrogen. Male or female, the body needs a certain level of it and sometimes by eating certain foods you can accidentally decrease the bodies ability to create it. However, this does not include processed soy, especially flavored soy (like soy milk) which the taste is altered.

You were called a troll after you didn't answer a question after it was posed 4 times. In fact, I don't think I ever caught an answer. I saw you try to dodge a few times by asking your own questions but that was about it. I don't like to be a name caller, but frankly I think you've earned the name. I've watched this pattern of yours over and over. You're not here to discuss, you're trolling.

Oh please.... My asking the question wasn't a dodge. It was to demonstrate how silly the question was and I supported the claims I made about WND. Maybe that went over your head. I think your bias has been conformed by the pathetic whining you do whenever I post a thread that has anything remotely to do with religion. Your victim act is gettin a bit stale, hun.

Oh please.... My asking the question wasn't a dodge. It was to demonstrate how silly the question was and I supported the claims I made about WND. Maybe that went over your head. I think your bias has been conformed by the pathetic whining you do whenever I post a thread that has anything remotely to do with religion. Your victim act is gettin a bit stale, hun.

Silly questions are Amanda's forte'.

Never, Catty. You know I changed my hate from sky dancer to Jalu, after talking to Gunny. I later changed the name back.

Arthur is still a member but not interested in posting here.

Silly questions are Amanda's forte'.

Except it wasn't my question, it was Xsited's.

Nonetheless, you are reknowned for asking silly questions. Questions that you could easily look up the answers to yourself.

Nonetheless, you are reknowned for asking silly questions. Questions that you could easily look up the answers to yourself.

What are you referring to? I'm pretty sure my GoogleFu pwns just about anyone here.

Are you talking about the "spoofing" question? The one where I was asking what the spoof was and you mistakenly thought I was asking for a word definition? Is that it, or was there something else?

Forum List

Back