Worshiping A New God

I provided the operative portion.

I said there was a reference to Jesus, your link proved it.

Now you'd like to spin 'why' it was there.

A dating system is NOT a reference to Jesus.

Or in the immortal words of your cousin

I said Jesus was mentioned in the Constitution.

I was correct.

You, sticking your foot in your mouth.....a not unusual situation for you.....actually provided evidence that I am correct....also a not unusual condition.

You have some interpretation as to the reason that Jesus was mentioned in the Constitution...

....who cares.

Anyone who cares to check will find this after article seven:

"Attest William Jackson Secretary

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,"

The attestation was already explained and discounted. It is not part of the Constitution.

Show us Jesus name in the DoI.

You fail again.

No to "The Founders envisioned a God-fearing nation, but one built on the Judeo-Christian tradition. We find references to it in the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution." Jefferson, Paine, Madison, and so many others would laugh at you. You find nothing of the sort in either major document. You do find deistic language in the DOI and careful separation of Church and State in the USCOTUS. The closet things you get in either are the attestation dates required by law.
yeah OP

Not only were many of the Framers deists (adherants to a "nature's god", they wrote a treaty saying as much

Deism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

titlexi.jpg

\end thread

Last edited:
I just read a post demanding "freedom FROM religion"....and noted the terminal misunderstanding therein of both religion, and of the nation.
It requires a closer examination.

The Founders envisioned a God-fearing nation, but one built on the Judeo-Christian tradition. We find references to it in the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution.

At no time did they intend hostility, or even indifference, to religion.

1. "The Founding Fathers did not want the federal government to impose a national religion. They feared replicating in America an institution like the Church of England, which would set at the federal level an official religious denomination for the United States. They wanted not only to protect individual conscience, but also to protect the religious freedom of the states. Six states, in fact, refused to accept the US Constitution until it was made clear that the First Amendment prevented the federal government from imposing a national church on them....those six states that finally signed the Constitution ran established churches."
Schlafly, "No Higher Power," p.15-16

2. As for the famous “separation of church and state,” the phrase appears in no federal document. In fact, at the time of ratification of the Constitution, ten of the thirteen colonies had some provision recognizing Christianity as either the official, or the recommended religion in their state constitutions.

a. From the 1790 Massachusetts Constitution, written by John Adams, includes: [the] good order and preservation of civil government essentially depend(s) upon piety, religion, and morality…by the institution of public worship of God and of the public instruction in piety, religion, and morality…
Constitution of Massachusetts - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

b. North Carolina Constitution, article 32, 1776: “That no person who shall deny the being of God, or the truth of the Protestant religion, or the divine authority of either the Old or New Testaments, or who shall hold religious principles incompatible with the freedom and safety of the State, shall b e capable of holding any office, or place of trust or profit, in the civil department, within this State.” Constitution of North Carolina 1776

c. So, the Founders intention was to be sure that the federal government didn’t do the same, and mandate a national religion. And when Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptists in 1802, it was to reassure them the federal government could not interfere in their religious observations, i.e., there is “a wall of separation between church and state.” He wasn’t speaking of religion contaminating the government, but of the government contaminating religious observance.

3. "It is indisputable that the First Amendment was written not to suppress those state churches but to protect them from the fedral government. Leaders of those six states would never have signed the Constitution otherwise. They insisted on the language, 'Congress shall make no laws respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," to make clear that the federal government ha no right to establish its own religion and disestablish theirs."
Schlafly, Op. Cit, p. 16

BTW.....Leftism....Liberalism....has all the requirements that hallmark a "religion,"...

...and like the Islamofascism roiling the world today,,,,

....it demands the dismantling of every other religion.

That's what "freedom from religion" actually means.

The founders did it all for the white man--they didn't know Jesus whatsoever--- first they killed their own former countrymen( british) then they murdered over 100 million native americans for gold and land. then enslaved black men and treated yellow men like dogs--they didn't know Jesus whatsoever.
its as John Lennon said about(especially theirs) words----- Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass and slip away across the universe.

Not all is as appears in this world. its corrupt to the core.

"-they didn't know Jesus whatsoever"

OK, moron....then, why was Jesus mentioned in the Constitution.

They may know his name, that gets one no where-- Learning and applying every single teaching he gave to us is the Fathers will. And by their actions they proved they do not knows him. Here is who he is

The spirit of Jesus within the mortal heart--Love, peace, unity--return evil for evil to no one--turn the other cheek, forgive them Father, they do not know what they do--If your enemy is hungry feed him, if thirsty give him a drink, Love your enemy--vengeance is mine said the Lord.

The spirit of antichrist in the mortal heart--Fear, anger,hate, calamity, division-- fear your enemy, return evil for evil as far as even kill your enemy--take vengeance for pride and self.

it isn't that easy in a satan ruled world to be a true follower of Jesus. Whereas it takes no effort to follow his opposite.

I was correct.

You, sticking your foot in your mouth.....a not unusual situation for you.....actually provided evidence that I am correct....also a not unusual condition.

You have some interpretation as to the reason that Jesus was mentioned in the Constitution...

I'm increasing convinced you are some kind of mentally ill person.

Jesus wasn't metnioned. A date was.

I was correct.

"Jesus wasn't metnioned. A date was."

1. Oooo....look at you squirm!
Watch me bury you:

"... in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven...."

2. So....to whom would you say "our Lord" refers?

3. And you might choke...er...chew on this:

Why did the authors write"... in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven...."

Here's why:

a. The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” David Limbaugh

c. Believers in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, or, as they would be known today, “an extremist Fundementalist hate group.”
Coulter

c. "The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were... the general principles of Christianity. ...I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God." - Letter to Thomas Jefferson, June 28, 1813
John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, June 28th, 1813, from Quincy. The Adams-Jefferson Letters: The
Complete Correspondence Between Thomas Jefferson and Abigail and John Adams, edited by Lester J. Cappon,
1988, the University of North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill, NC, pp. 338-340.

Did I rip you good, or what.

4. "I'm increasing convinced you are some kind of mentally ill person."

No you're not....you're just a really stupid individual who can't dig your way out of the hole you buried yourself in.

PC has lost yet another OP.

Jesus was never mentioned in the DOI or the Constitution, although she lies that He was.

Time to place this in badlands.

Last edited:
I provided the operative portion.

I said there was a reference to Jesus, your link proved it.

Now you'd like to spin 'why' it was there.

A dating system is NOT a reference to Jesus.

Or in the immortal words of your cousin

I was correct.

....who cares.

If De'heyzeus was mentioned in the constitution, provide the exact citation.

And just so everyone is clear, this is probably the third thread where you have made this same ridiculous argument.

Did you rip yourself a new one or what?

I was correct.

"Jesus wasn't metnioned. A date was."

1. Oooo....look at you squirm!
Watch me bury you:

"... in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven...."

2. So....to whom would you say "our Lord" refers?

3. And you might choke...er...chew on this:

Why did the authors write"... in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven...."

Here's why:

a. The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” David Limbaugh

c. Believers in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, or, as they would be known today, “an extremist Fundementalist hate group.”
Coulter

c. "The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were... the general principles of Christianity. ...I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God." - Letter to Thomas Jefferson, June 28, 1813
John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, June 28th, 1813, from Quincy. The Adams-Jefferson Letters: The
Complete Correspondence Between Thomas Jefferson and Abigail and John Adams, edited by Lester J. Cappon,
1988, the University of North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill, NC, pp. 338-340.

Did I rip you good, or what.

4. "I'm increasing convinced you are some kind of mentally ill person."

No you're not....you're just a really stupid individual who can't dig your way out of the hole you buried yourself in.

It was only a matter of time before David Limbaugh appeared in Pc's cutting and pasting.

Encyclopedia of American Loons Search results for David Limbaugh

David Limbaugh is the younger, dumber, and less charismatic brother of Rush Limbaugh, and he promotes pretty much the same bullshit with pretty the same level of sophistication – although David is more obviously a religious nutter.

Diagnosis: Imagine a stupider, more fundamentalist, more theocracy-sympathetic version of Rush Limbaugh. That should be diagnosis enough.

It was only a matter of time before David Limbaugh appeared in Pc's cutting and pasting.

Encyclopedia of American Loons Search results for David Limbaugh

David Limbaugh is the younger, dumber, and less charismatic brother of Rush Limbaugh, and he promotes pretty much the same bullshit with pretty the same level of sophistication – although David is more obviously a religious nutter.

Diagnosis: Imagine a stupider, more fundamentalist, more theocracy-sympathetic version of Rush Limbaugh. That should be diagnosis enough.

But how does he feel about Oxycotin and Domincan Rent Boys?

While on the other hand I know quite a bit about science. Now since you appear to like making assumptions about people...

When did I say I was Christian?

You are taking the Funditards side, what you personally believe is irrelevant....

images

Really????? You sound like some sort of fundamentalist with your unquestioning faith in science being an end all to your beliefs even though you've admitted you know little about the subject...

So what makes you any better than a religious fundamentalist who follows his/her doctrine/dogma with unswerving devotion?

BTW your use of belittling pronouns only makes your argument the lesser in any debate on the issue.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Ahhhh, Ratt. You have to love Milton Berle.

Here's a timeless tune:

What makes you think I don't understand science?

So tell us all about what kick started the universe in your creation theology called the big bang theory. We wouldn't want to violate Newton's laws of motion now would we? Please don't attempt to dress it up in the vestments of how we don't know and it is unknowable. Otherwise I suggest you look up the definition of a miracle.

Guy, i'm not a scientist. People who are scientists tell me that the "big Bang", (which is an oversimplification of sound scientific prinicples) is a sound theory backed up by observations made of matter, as well as things we are seeing in deep range telescopes.

What's the proof for the bible other than the bible?

Actually - it has been proven to be impossible, Joe. You see you can smash your Rolex watch into ten thousand pieces - throw it up in the air over and over again and it will never fall together perfectly and start ticking. It isn't going to happen no matter how many times you try it. So forget the Big Bang Hypothesis.

As for your question, what is the proof for the bible other than the bible? I'm so glad you asked that question. You see, from the early church to now - the Gospel of Jesus Christ shared in Scripture has proven again and again to be the only power in the universe to transform lives - to save souls, to heal the body, mind and spirit. To see miracles occur, to bring peace to the distraught, to bring courage and faith to the fearful and unbelieving, to deliver the alcoholic from addiction, the drug addict from addiction, deliver the prostitute from a life of self destruction, to turn a crime ridden community around, to turn a tax collector and thief from a life of stealing and exploitation of others to giving their lives to serving others, when the Word of God is spoken demons are cast out of people and the insanity they were bound by is suddenly gone, what other Written Word is capable of producing such miracles? The Holy Bible is the only Book on earth that has proven to change entire nations, to transform economies, to raise up godly leaders, to bring prosperity to a nation, to cause a man to forgive the most heinous crimes committed against him because he desires to show the mercy that he himself has received......... A better question, Joe, would be ........what hasn't the Bible proven it can do for those who read it and are willing to do what it says?

God loves you, Joe. He is reaching out to you even now trying to let you know that. God is not condemning you for your past sins - God sent His Only Begotten Son not to condemn you but to redeem you and give you eternal life. God is for you! He is not against you! Why not give God a chance and receive His Son tonight?

Last edited:
No to "The Founders envisioned a God-fearing nation, but one built on the Judeo-Christian tradition. We find references to it in the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution." Jefferson, Paine, Madison, and so many others would laugh at you. You find nothing of the sort in either major document. You do find deistic language in the DOI and careful separation of Church and State in the USCOTUS. The closet things you get in either are the attestation dates required by law.
Well this was a de facto God-fearing nation until the decade of the sixties. And that is all that matters. No one needed to put it all into laws, it was part of the nation's will and the USA was blessed up until then. Now we have desecrated God's Word and God's path for eternal joy and are paying a horrendous price. But one cannot convince the ignorant of that, nor can one convince the proud or the hedonist or the disinterested of that. No, to defend their selfish ways they will tell us Christians had slaves or Christians were racists or priests abused kids and relax because they think they have a solid case against paying attention to all other reasons for God and signs from God. Good luck with all that.

Well this was a de facto God-fearing nation until the decade of the sixties. And that is all that matters. No one needed to put it all into laws, it was part of the nation's will and the USA was blessed up until then. Now we have desecrated God's Word and God's path for eternal joy and are paying a horrendous price. But one cannot convince the ignorant of that, nor can one convince the proud or the hedonist or the disinterested of that. No, to defend their selfish ways they will tell us Christians had slaves or Christians were racists or priests abused kids and relax because they think they have a solid case against paying attention to all other reasons for God and signs from God. Good luck with all that.

Thanks, turz.....

But I'm gonna push that date back a few decades.

It was Franklin Roosevelt's disregard of the Constitution and spirituality that set the nation on this downward course.

His embrace of materialism explains his infatuation with Joseph Stalin and communism.

" In July 5, 1935, in a letter to Representative Samuel B. Hill of Washington, the President manifested his contempt for the Constitution. Hill was chairman of the subcommittee studying the Guffey-Vinson bill to regulate the coal industry: the purpose of the legislation was to re-establish, for the coal industry, the NRA code system which the Supreme Court had unanimously declared unconstitutional. Roosevelt wrote: "I hope your committee will not permit doubts as to constitutionality, however reasonable, to block the legislation.

This was the same Roosevelt who had sworn an oath on his 300 year old family Bible, to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Manly, "The Twenty Year Revolution," p. 65.

Actually - it has been proven to be impossible, Joe. You see you can smash your Rolex watch into ten thousand pieces - throw it up in the air over and over again and it will never fall together perfectly and start ticking. It isn't going to happen no matter how many times you try it. So forget the Big Bang Hypothesis.

The two aren't really comparable. The thing is that the big bang is not throwing watch parts randomly. It was a process that occurred over billions of years.

Also, let's say that a higher power is responsible. Why does it follow that it was the Sadistic Sky Fairy of the Judeans who did it? 2/3rd of the people on earth don't beleive in Jesus. I'm reasonably sure that if we poll the rest of the universe, they are all going to be like

alien_single.en.jpg

Forum List

Back