Worst drought on record lowers Amazon rivers to all-time lows

I would love to give up my lawn, I already refuse to water it so it is all brown and shitty looking. I pay $590 a year for it to be mowed as part of our HOA fee. I do nothing else to it.

Well what a waste huh? Look up re wilding

1726664137731.png

1726664162469.png

1726664174492.png

1726664196763.png

You put the right plants in the right places and it irrogates, etc. Design it so the rain when it happens runs off in the right place to water the plants. It's just so much smarter.

I believe a lot of people in red states are doing it because they are suffering from drought. In Michigan we are surrounded by water.

But even we use a pump to suck out water from our lake to water our lawn. And that water goes right back into the lake.

would be against the HOA rules. But I do not mind a small amount spent for mowing, beats me doing it myself.

Your/my condo complex would re wild the entire place so no more hiring a lawn company to do your grass. Just hire one kid to walk the path every week with one of these

1726665388103.png

1726665404131.png

And one of these

1726665436282.png

Not one of these gas powered ones
1726665475490.png

The worst drought on record has lowered the water level of the rivers in the Amazon basin to historic lows, in some cases drying up riverbeds that were previously navigable waterways.
The Solimoes, one of the main tributaries of the mighty Amazon River whose waters originate in the Peruvian Andes, has fallen to its lowest level on record in Tabatinga, the Brazilian town on the border with Colombia.
Downriver in Tefé, a branch of the Solimoes has dried up completely, as seen by Reuters reporters who flew over the river on Sunday.
The nearby Lake Tefé, where more than 200 freshwater dolphins died in last year's drought, has also dried up, depriving the endangered pink mammals of a favorite habitat.

This is crazy, the pictures from the area are almost unbelievable

View attachment 1014095
Fecking hell, must have bad in the dinosaur days when co2 was 10 times the concentration and temperatures much much much higher than today. I wonder what their secret was to survival.

I'm gonna have to run about with my hair on fire looking for some water to put it out.

I’m starting to see republicans thinking. Fuck it. Use it while you got it.

But you are the guy on the lifeboat who won’t conserve water. Till maybe we figure something out. Refuse to see if there’s a better way. That could buy us time.

Eventually jesus is coming anyways right? You know how the end comes. It’s not global warming. If it was Jesus would have told you. Or the constitution
I'm not religious so don't ask me. But man has no impact on global climate.

Local, urban heat island affect, yes. But nothing global.

Fecking hell, must have bad in the dinosaur days when co2 was 10 times the concentration and temperatures much much much higher than today. I wonder what their secret was to survival.

I'm gonna have to run about with my hair on fire looking for some water to put it out.
More like 18 times, but who's counting.

Forum List

Back