🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans ....

Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans in bars and retaurants?

• No. They are fair.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Yes. They are unfair.

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • No. They are unfair but I prefer they remain.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yes. They are fair but I'd rather they be lifted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
They are certainly free to chose to work in one if they can find one. But the laws don't allow for employees to ignore smoking bans any more than they allow owners to do so.

My own comfort and health certainly are more important to me than some nicotine junkies selfish need to get high in my presence.

You want to say the bans exist only to protect me and annoy everyone else. :lol:

It's that small minority of inconsiderate smokers like yourself, Ravi, who think your addiction trumps everyone else's desires.
I never said any of that...that is your perception that helps you in your quest to be a selfish prig.

They are certainly free to chose to work in one if they can find one.

You won't let them find one is the point.

Now I'm supposed to feel sorry for people who want to work in a smoking environment along with feeling sorry for smokers?

:lol:

yes you should pity everyone

Your comment about asking nicely is a little snide and a bit naive. I've been asking people for years to please not smoke near me and I learned a long long time ago that I achieve the best results when I do so in a casual non confrontational manner. Smokers are very volatile and must be handled with kid gloves. Most often people respect my request and move away. Not all do though and I'm glad I am no longer put in the position of having to even say anything to smokers any more in bars and restaurants because the laws take care of that now.

Ang, asking in a 'casual non confrontational manner' is just what Immie said, it's 'asking nicely'.

Smokers aren't volatile they just get cranky when they need a nicotine fix . . . just like most people do when they need food.
His comment was snide because he implied that I do not ask nicely which is anything but the truth.
Zoom, do you think non smokers should even ever be put in a position where they have to ask smokers not to smoke around them? Why don't the smokers ask nicely if anyone would mind if they smoke in the first place?
Some are considerate that way. But many are not.

Actually Anguille, you mis-understood my comment. I had no intention of implying that you did not ask them nicely. That never even crossed my mind, nor do I believe you would tell them to put it out. I was thinking more of people in general and how smokers take the request.

Most smokers that I know, will willingly put out their cigarettes if they are asked nicely by someone that it bothers. But, a lot of times they are not asked nicely. People make snide comments to them rather than someone coming up to them and saying something like, "excuse me ma'am, but the smoke from your cigarette is bothering my eyes, might I ask you to take it outside? This is a non-smoking building."

Immie

Ang, asking in a 'casual non confrontational manner' is just what Immie said, it's 'asking nicely'.

Smokers aren't volatile they just get cranky when they need a nicotine fix . . . just like most people do when they need food.
His comment was snide because he implied that I do not ask nicely which is anything but the truth.
Zoom, do you think non smokers should even ever be put in a position where they have to ask smokers not to smoke around them? Why don't the smokers ask nicely if anyone would mind if they smoke in the first place?

Actually Anguille, you mis-understood my comment. I had no intention of implying that you did not ask them nicely. That never even crossed my mind, nor do I believe you would tell them to put it out. I was thinking more of people in general and how smokers take the request.

Most smokers that I know, will willingly put out their cigarettes if they are asked nicely by someone that it bothers. But, a lot of times they are not asked nicely. People make snide comments to them rather than someone coming up to them and saying something like, "excuse me ma'am, but the smoke from your cigarette is bothering my eyes, might I ask you to take it outside? This is a non-smoking building."

Immie
I'll ask you the same question I asked Zoom,
Do you think non smokers should even ever be put in a position where they have to ask smokers not to smoke around them? Why don't the smokers ask first before lighting up?

People make snide comments to them rather than someone coming up to them and saying something like, "excuse me ma'am, but the smoke from your cigarette is bothering my eyes, might I ask you to take it outside? This is a non-smoking building."

Immie
As I said before, I learned ages ago that the best way get smokers to put out their cigarettes is to ask them politely. I don't necessarily think they deserve that politeness but it gets the best result.

You point out that some people make snide comments to them. But you ignore that the smokers are the ones who are rude in the first place. Being snide to them is just a reaction to the insult the smokers have already tossed out by smoking where others have to inhale their smoke. Two wrongs don't make a right and non smokers shouldn't sink the level of rudeness of inconsiderate smokers, but I do understand the exasperation some people feel when yet another self absorbed smoker blows smoke their way.

Immie
Do you think non smokers should even ever be put in a position where they have to ask smokers not to smoke around them? Why don't the smokers ask first before lighting up?

The only place non-smokers should not have to ask is in their own home.

Period!!!!

You do not have more rights than smokers. Period!!

Immie

People make snide comments to them rather than someone coming up to them and saying something like, "excuse me ma'am, but the smoke from your cigarette is bothering my eyes, might I ask you to take it outside? This is a non-smoking building."

Immie
As I said before, I learned ages ago that the best way get smokers to put out their cigarettes is to ask them politely. I don't necessarily think they deserve that politeness but it gets the best result.

You point out that some people make snide comments to them. But you ignore that the smokers are the ones who are rude in the first place. Being snide to them is just a reaction to the insult the smokers have already tossed out by smoking where others have to inhale their smoke. Two wrongs don't make a right and non smokers shouldn't sink the level of rudeness of inconsiderate smokers, but I do understand the exasperation some people feel when yet another self absorbed smoker blows smoke their way.

I'm sorry, but you are the one who is coming off as rude.

For you or anyone to assume that you are a better person than a person who smokes is nothing at all short of rude.

Immie

Immie

Period!!!!

Immie

That is some backwards thinking right there, The person imposing their addiction on others has the right to do so without even asking others if they mind that they are going to. Do you think permission should be asked before some one spits or pisses on somebody else also? Or should they just be like the inconsiderate tobacco addicts and just go ahead and impose their filth on others without concern?

Period!!!!

Immie

That is some backwards thinking right there, The person imposing their addiction on others has the right to do so without even asking others if they mind that they are going to. Do you think permission should be asked before some one spits or pisses on somebody else also? Or should they just be like the inconsiderate tobacco addicts and just go ahead and impose their filth on others without concern?

Maybe you just need to move into a bubble?

If you are so scared of smoke which is not as dangerous as the rest of the pollutants in the air, maybe you would be better off hiding in a bubble where no germs or pollutants can come close to you?

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the two of you. To believe that you are so much better than other human beings has to be a very large burden to bear. The arrogance you two are displaying is literally unbelievable. You clearly believe that your rights supersede the rights of others. I was born in America where I was at one time certain that we all had equal rights. It is apparent that that is no longer the case when people like you think you have the right to literally force people you dislike to become second class citizens.

God Help America!

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Period!!!!

Immie
But smokers have more rights than non smokers. Got ya.

I understand that liberals refuse to say "under God" when reciting the pledge of allegiance.

Do they also refuse to sing, "the land of the free" when the National Anthem is sung, as clearly from this thread they do not believe this is the land of the free.

Immie

Period!!!!

Immie

If you are so scared of smoke which is not as dangerous as the rest of the pollutants in the air, maybe you would be better off hiding in a bubble where no germs or pollutants can come close to you?

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the two of you. To believe that you are so much better than other human beings has to be a very large burden to bear. The arrogance you two are displaying is literally unbelievable. You clearly believe that your rights supersede the rights of others. I was born in America where I was at one time certain that we all had equal rights. It is apparent that that is no longer the case when people like you think you have the right to literally force people you dislike to become second class citizens.

God Help America!

Immie

We are better because we dont want an addict imposing their addiction on us thus playing with our health and hygiene? I like breathing fresh air and wearing clothes that do not stink to high heaven. And the rights stuff is bullshit as tobacco addicts have more rights than their fellow addicts, Heroin addicts, coke addicts and other hard drug addicts have addictions they can not partake in legally any where, and the alcoholics addiction is regulated even more than the tobacco addicts addiction.

Period!!!!

Immie

You are a hypocrite.

You would not say that if this discussion was about gay marriage. You would be claiming that gay people did not have equal rights.

Immie

God Help America!

Immie

We are better because we dont want an addict imposing their addiction on us thus playing with our health and hygiene? I like breathing fresh air and wearing clothes that do not stink to high heaven. And the rights stuff is bullshit as tobacco addicts have more rights than their fellow addicts, Heroin addicts, coke addicts and other hard drug addicts have addictions they can not partake in legally any where, and the alcoholics addiction is regulated even more than the tobacco addicts addiction.

You are no better than they are.

In fact, you are acting like a Fascist and worse yet, you are extremely arrogant.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

For you or anyone to assume that you are a better person than a person who smokes is nothing at all short of rude.

Immie

A person who smokes around other people, especially if they do it around children, is not just being rude they are harming those people and/or children. In that respect I am better than those types of smokers because I do not do that. In other respects I may or may not be better than them. But concerning smoking, yes I am. And you know it too.

God Help America!

Immie

You are no better than they are.

In fact, you are acting like a Fascist and worse yet, you are extremely arrogant.

Immie

You want to impose your filthy addiction onto others but I am acting like a fascist? amazing.

Period!!!!

Immie

God Help America!

Immie
Lame.

I understand that liberals refuse to say "under God" when reciting the pledge of allegiance.

Do they also refuse to sing, "the land of the free" when the National Anthem is sung, as clearly from this thread they do not believe this is the land of the free.

Immie
More lameness.

Immie

A person who smokes around other people, especially if they do it around children, is not just being rude they are harming those people and/or children. In that respect I am better than those types of smokers because I do not do that. In other respects I may or may not be better than them. But concerning smoking, yes I am. And you know it too.

You believe you are better than others. That is arrogance.

You believe you dictate rights to others. That is fascism.

And no, I don't know that you are better than they. People who believe they have the right to dictate rights to others are on the level of the KKK. That is not better than smokers. I prefer smokers to people that believe that they can haphazardously take rights away from people they don't like.

And Hell yes, I am comparing both you and noose4 to the KKK.

Immie

Immie
More lameness.

I can see you have lost the discussion. You have dropped to the inability to continue the discussion.

You have no concept of freedom.

Immie

Period!!!!

Immie

You are a hypocrite.

You would not say that if this discussion was about gay marriage. You would be claiming that gay people did not have equal rights.

Immie
I didn't realize how silly and petulant you could get when losing a debate.

Forum List

Back