Would you scrap the obamacare mandate for a public option?

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
Personally I think the public option would be the lesser of two evils compared to the fascist insurance mandate.

single payer

that is what works

only idiots pretend it doesnt

Tell that to the people who can afford to fly here and get medical treatment compared the their own single payer system.

If we measure a health care system by how well it serves its sick citizens, American medicine excels. Five-year cancer survival rates bear this out. For leukemia, the American survival rate is almost 50%; the European rate is just 35%. Esophageal carcinoma: 12% in the U.S., 6% in Europe. The survival rate for prostate cancer is 81.2% here, yet 61.7% in France and down to 44.3% in England — a striking variation.

Canada, Switzerland and other European governments are moving away from single payer systems.

Oh, stop it. Folks with national health care live longer, more healthier, and at less cost.

Your figures mean nothing, because it is only for those who get it. So many Americans can't get such care.

And going to a national health care program will not diminish those rates.

Just fess up, and admit it would be better for America.

Personally I think the public option would be the lesser of two evils compared to the fascist insurance mandate.

You're talking Single-payer.

No dice.

Not a single payer, but a government run insurance to compete with private insurance companies. I don't think a public option is a good idea on it's own merit, but I'd rather have that as opposed to an insurance mandate by the government.

No dice.

Not a single payer, but a government run insurance to compete with private insurance companies. I don't think a public option is a good idea on it's own merit, but I'd rather have that as opposed to an insurance mandate by the government.

You already have Medicare and Medicaid.

What Obama wants is only one option. There's the rub.

No dice.

You already have Medicare and Medicaid.

What Obama wants is only one option. There's the rub.

To be clear, I'm not an advocate of a public option. Their argument would be you have to qualify for those programs. They want a public option for everyone who wants insurance but doesn't want to pay private insurance prices.

single payer

that is what works

only idiots pretend it doesnt

Tell that to the people who can afford to fly here and get medical treatment compared the their own single payer system.

If we measure a health care system by how well it serves its sick citizens, American medicine excels. Five-year cancer survival rates bear this out. For leukemia, the American survival rate is almost 50%; the European rate is just 35%. Esophageal carcinoma: 12% in the U.S., 6% in Europe. The survival rate for prostate cancer is 81.2% here, yet 61.7% in France and down to 44.3% in England — a striking variation.

Canada, Switzerland and other European governments are moving away from single payer systems.

Ah, the quaint right wing myths about single payer v. American healthcare.

You know what isn't up for debate? The number of countries with universal healthcare access whose voters are clamoring to scrap it in favor American's system. It's a solid zero.

.Tell that to the people who can afford to fly here and get medical treatment compared the their own single payer system

You're right. Our healthcare system is poised and ready to take good care of the rich, no matter where they live. But for all Americans? Not so much.

Scrape Obama-scare and allow Insurance Companies to offer across State lines as well as get rid of the manditory coverages.

I say dump all of this ObamaCare crap... It's doomed for failure. Somebody needs to unplug it cause it's already on life support.

Maybe if we wait until the 48 million that Obama said did not have insurance to sign up this ObamaCare
might work......

I know...I was laughing when I wrote it.

the robmoney care you guys invented and Obama used as a compromise was what you idiots came up with the STOP single payer back in the 90s idiots

Forum List

Back