Would you vote for a Muslim as POTUS?

Would you vote for a muslim for POTUS

• yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
Actually Ireland Ireland voted for a Muslim in 1993, I think the first muslim elected representative in western europe. He was a doctor running to have better hospital services, surprised himself he won.

"However, not everyone was happy with his election in 1992. His mother told him: "But I brought you up to be a doctor not a politician." And now he is what he was brought up to be."

They called him an Indian among Cowboys...
Hense your name, right?

I voted for a Mormon. What's the difference?

Should a Muslim be excluded from consideration because of religious affiliation? If Jeremiah Wright didn't get Barry excluded, the bar is so low that nobody can fall below it.
I'll stop voting for Mormons when they start blowing themselves up.

Does 47% count?

Would you vote for a Muslim to be POTUS
JFK's Catholicism was a big issue back in the day. Anti-Catholic bigots thought he would be taking his marching orders from the Pope.

JFK actually had to respond to this fear.

America has grown up in a lot of ways since then, but clearly has not grown up in other ways.

From Article VI of the U.S. Constitution these alleged right wingers claim to adore so much:

...no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Hypocrites.

All that matters to me are the policies a candidate will carry out, not his religion or lack thereof.

Government and politics have NOTHING to do with religion.

Yet you leftwing loons savagely attacked Romney for being Mormon...

As did many rightwing loons in the primaries.

Both sets of loons were acting anti-American.

JFK's Catholicism was a big issue back in the day. Anti-Catholic bigots thought he would be taking his marching orders from the Pope.

America has grown up in a lot of ways since then, but clearly has not grown up in other ways.

From Article VI of the U.S. Constitution these alleged right wingers claim to adore so much:

...no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Hypocrites.

All that matters to me are the policies a candidate will carry out, not his religion or lack thereof.

A twofer!

First, I am conservative.

Second, I never attacked Romney for being a Mormon. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Nice try. Not.

Hypocrites.

I never attacked him for being a Mormon

I attacked him for being an out of touch rich fuck

Hypocrites.

I never attacked him for being a Mormon

I attacked him for being an out of touch rich fuck
If I had voted, I would have voted for Romney. Easily. In fact, during the GOP convention, there was a woman who spoke so eloquently about him, I damn near changed my mind about not voting.

Forum List

Back