Would you vote for a Muslim as POTUS?

Would you vote for a muslim for POTUS

• yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
Mac1958, we don't apply religious tests for office.

But we certainly consider religious, agnostic, and atheistic values and ethics of those who run for office.

The Constitution prohibits religious tests.
This isn't a constitutionally-driven test. It's simply a question about how an individual would vote, that's it. This has nothing to do with constitutional law..
Sure, it does. We are not to consider religious tests for office. However, I would certainly consider the values of atheists, agnostics, anti-Godists, and theists carefully. I simply could not vote for any who had far right restrictive fundamental values that would restrict the rights of other citizens.
You folks just won't be honest about this.

Article 6
All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Carson did not say that a Muslim would not qualify. Again, Carson did not say that a Muslim would not qualify.

One more time, Carson did not say that a Muslim would not qualify.

He said that he would not vote for one: "I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation," Carson said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "I absolutely would not agree with that."

The PC Police have been blatantly dishonest about this story from the moment it broke, and it won't stop.

Why does just being honest have to be so goddamned difficult?

Agree

He did not say they do not qualify...he only admitted to being a bigot

The Constitution prohibits religious tests.
This isn't a constitutionally-driven test. It's simply a question about how an individual would vote, that's it. This has nothing to do with constitutional law..
Sure, it does. We are not to consider religious tests for office. However, I would certainly consider the values of atheists, agnostics, anti-Godists, and theists carefully. I simply could not vote for any who had far right restrictive fundamental values that would restrict the rights of other citizens.
You folks just won't be honest about this.

Article 6
All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Carson did not say that a Muslim would not qualify. Again, Carson did not say that a Muslim would not qualify.

One more time, Carson did not say that a Muslim would not qualify.

He said that he would not vote for one: "I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation," Carson said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "I absolutely would not agree with that."

The PC Police have been blatantly dishonest about this story from the moment it broke, and it won't stop.

Why does just being honest have to be so goddamned difficult?

Agree

He did not say they do not qualify...he only admitted to being a bigot
Sure, there are plenty of bigots on both ends of the spectrum. Stipulated.

But this Constitution crap is a lie. It's not what he said, not even close.

"Would you vote for a Muslim as POTUS?"

Everyone who voted for Obama can skip this poll....you already DID!

Would you vote for a Muslim to be POTUS
JFK's Catholicism was a big issue back in the day. Anti-Catholic bigots thought he would be taking his marching orders from the Pope.

JFK actually had to respond to this fear.

America has grown up in a lot of ways since then, but clearly has not grown up in other ways.

From Article VI of the U.S. Constitution these alleged right wingers claim to adore so much:

...no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Hypocrites.

All that matters to me are the policies a candidate will carry out, not his religion or lack thereof.

Government and politics have NOTHING to do with religion.

But we certainly consider religious, agnostic, and atheistic values and ethics of those who run for office.
So you then admit that Carson's opinions are not a constitutional issue, even after having argued that they are.
:lol: Make that argument. I said the article prohibts religious tests. I sad I considered values and ethics.

You are straining at passing a gnat and your sphincter is going to collapse. Google for a video of rectal prolapse to see what you are doing to yourself. It's not pretty.

So you then admit that Carson's opinions are not a constitutional issue, even after having argued that they are.
:lol: Make that argument. I said the article prohibts religious tests. I sad I considered values and ethics.

You are straining at passing a gnat and your sphincter is going to collapse. Google for a video of rectal prolapse to see what you are doing to yourself. It's not pretty.
Just pointing out the blatant lies of the PC Police, sorry.

Doesn't take much effort.

Just pointing out the blatant lies of the PC Police, sorry. Doesn't take much effort..
You have every right to assert such. It would be better if you offered evidence.

Just pointing out the blatant lies of the PC Police, sorry. Doesn't take much effort..
You have every right to assert such. It would be better if you offered evidence.
I caught you in a blatant lie, and you don't like it.

Tell me Jake, what "evidence" am I lacking that I have not already provided?

I caught you in a blatant lie, and you don't like it.

Tell me Jake, what "evidence" am I lacking that I have not already provided?
Of course you did not. One, I don't lie. Two, you can't dance. Three, assertion and opinion is not evidence. Fact.

Actually Ireland Ireland voted for a Muslim in 1993, I think the first muslim elected representative in western europe. He was a doctor running to have better hospital services, surprised himself he won.

"However, not everyone was happy with his election in 1992. His mother told him: "But I brought you up to be a doctor not a politician." And now he is what he was brought up to be."

They called him an Indian among Cowboys...

Forum List

Back