Wow, Benny Netanyahu puts it to Barry

Let me see if I've got this right.

Conservatives are angry that the President of the US did not keep his thoughts to himself and instead supposedly "embarrassed" PM Netenyahu EVEN THOUGH the President only reiterated what has been the long-standing negotiation stance in multilateral talks AND the President said it in a speech made on US soil (at the White House no less). For some reason, that's BAD.

Yet, PM Netanyahu comes TO the US and speaks disrespectfully to the President of the US when we are the country that sends his gov't some $2 Billion in aid every year, and somehow that's okay?

Conservatives are cheering a foreign leader who disses OUR president ON American soil when the US taxpayers are sending his country billions of dollars in aid every year?

Amazing!

Honestly I haven't read the text of the PM's speech yet so I don't know what he said. President Obama said nothing more or less about the border issue than other Presidents have said. The Israeli PM's have also said about the same thing as the current one did.

All n all, seem to be an endorsement of the status quo with a healthy dose of faux outrage for the dittoheads (and morons).....

Hogwash.

Conservatives are angry that the President of the US did not keep his thoughts to himself and instead supposedly "embarrassed" PM Netenyahu EVEN THOUGH the President only reiterated what has been the long-standing negotiation stance in multilateral talks AND the President said it in a speech made on US soil (at the White House no less). For some reason, that's BAD.

Yet, PM Netanyahu comes TO the US and speaks disrespectfully to the President of the US when we are the country that sends his gov't some $2 Billion in aid every year, and somehow that's okay?

Conservatives are cheering a foreign leader who disses OUR president ON American soil when the US taxpayers are sending his country billions of dollars in aid every year?

Amazing!

Honestly I haven't read the text of the PM's speech yet so I don't know what he said. President Obama said nothing more or less about the border issue than other Presidents have said. The Israeli PM's have also said about the same thing as the current one did.

All n all, seem to be an endorsement of the status quo with a healthy dose of faux outrage for the dittoheads (and morons).....

100% spot on, nothing Obama or Netanyahu is saying is new or will affect anything.

Just rhetoric, the IDF and the PLO will still be at each other's throats no matter what quotes are put into the newspapers.

What is a joke, is this inept clown of a President we have.

Once again, during his speech before Congress today, Netanyahu schooled the President and administration.

How many more times does this inept idiot have to backtrack on statements he clearly makes, before you Obamabot sheoples get a fucking clue?

He's an embarrassment. He inserts his foot in mouth on a scale only equaled by our idiotic Vice President.

The joke(actually it's a sad observation of what or political process has degraded into) is the Faux Outrage Machine manufactoring false talking points. In this case the false talking point is the demand by president Obama that Israel must return to the 67 borders. It's clearly a lie that you endorse. Why?

Stop lying yourself anyone with a IQ higher than 50 heard and understood what he said and what he meant,
Bush 1 and 2, and Clinton all said the very same thing that Obama said.

Last edited:

Amazing!

Hogwash.

ROTF----By all means, do go on.......

The joke(actually it's a sad observation of what or political process has degraded into) is the Faux Outrage Machine manufactoring false talking points. In this case the false talking point is the demand by president Obama that Israel must return to the 67 borders. It's clearly a lie that you endorse. Why?

Stop lying yourself anyone with a IQ higher than 50 heard and understood what he said and what he meant,

Bush 1 actually theatened their aid package over the expanding and creating new settlements in the West Bank. Of course he lost his next election too......

Bush 1 actually theatened their aid package over the expanding and creating new settlements in the West Bank. Of course he lost his next election too......

THAT is an entirely different argument to. I don't agree wtih them expanding. But giving back land is unthinkable.

THAT is an entirely different argument to. I don't agree wtih them expanding. But giving back land is unthinkable.

But Benny said

Now this is not easy for me. It's not easy because I recognize that in a genuine peace we will be required to give up parts of the ancestral Jewish homeland," he said, referring to the occupied West Bank.

Netanyahu explicitly suggested for the first time that Israel would cede some Jewish settlements in the West Bank, though others would be annexed under any future agreement.

"In any peace agreement that ends the conflict, some settlements will end up beyond Israel's borders. The precise delineation of those borders must be negotiated," Netanyahu said.

Netanyahu says will give up some land for peace | Reuters

But we've seen this circus before haven't we? But just as peace threatens to break out, some nut with a gun or a bomb blows the shit of of a group of Israelis/Palestinians and the deal is no longer workable and we return to the status quo.

Oh and it seems to me the PM just bowed to President Obama's pressure! Opps.

Last edited:

But Benny said

Now this is not easy for me. It's not easy because I recognize that in a genuine peace we will be required to give up parts of the ancestral Jewish homeland," he said, referring to the occupied West Bank.

Netanyahu explicitly suggested for the first time that Israel would cede some Jewish settlements in the West Bank, though others would be annexed under any future agreement.

"In any peace agreement that ends the conflict, some settlements will end up beyond Israel's borders. The precise delineation of those borders must be negotiated," Netanyahu said.

But we've seen this circus before haven't we? But just as peace threatens to break out, some nut with a gun or a bomb blows the shit of of a group of Israelis/Palestinians and the deal is no longer workable and we return to the status quo.

No he didn't. In fact, he reiterated that the original borders are not negotiable.......It ain't happening, as Israel has been sayiong for over twenty freakin' years.

Once again, Obama stepped on his dick, and made himself look weak in the process.

But Benny said

No he didn't. In fact, he reiterated that the original borders are not negotiable.......It ain't happening, as Israel has been sayiong for over twenty freakin' years.

Once again, Obama stepped on his dick, and made himself look weak in the process.

"I recognize that in a genuine peace we will be required to give up parts of the ancestral Jewish homeland"

The weakness is in the demonstrative fake outrage of the Anti-America Right.

Those thoughts are the long-standing negotiation position of several US administrations (both Democrat AND Republican) and have been clearly stated by previous presidents INCLUDING one George W. Bush who actually referred to going back to the borders of 1948 or 1949 in reference to Israel/Palestinian negotiations. I actually saw a clip of Bush saying that very thing.

This "outrage" is little more than the latest childish conservative tantrum built on the sand pebbles of conservative disinformation.

Not once has a U.S. President told Israel to relocate it's borders.

Wrong! Yesterday, I saw a video clip of Bush doing just. I believe it was from 2002.

Bush never said Israel had to move it's borders. NEVER

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Of course, now we know why American conservatives love Netenyahu. It's because he only makes problems worse.

Nabil Shaath, an aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said Netanyahu's insistence on keeping key parts of the territories the Palestinians want for their state is a "declaration of war against the Palestinians."

Palestinians: Netanyahu peace outline unacceptable - Yahoo! News

You and others like you don't have clue. The Palestinian's want Jerusalem as their capital. The Palestinian's don't want land they want Israel dead.

But Benny said

"I recognize that in a genuine peace we will be required to give up parts of the ancestral Jewish homeland"

Noooooooooo, the weakness was demonstrated YET AGAIN by our inept President who was thoroughly rejected and then given a lesson on history from a TRUE LEADER.

The weakness was demonstrated when Obama stood before AIPAC and was heckled.

Netanyahu clearly rejected Obama again today by basically saying that the original borders are not negotiable, and ISRAEL will decide what the hell the so-called Palestinians get, if anything at all.

Last edited:

Of course, now we know why American conservatives love Netenyahu. It's because he only makes problems worse.

Nabil Shaath, an aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said Netanyahu's insistence on keeping key parts of the territories the Palestinians want for their state is a "declaration of war against the Palestinians."

Palestinians: Netanyahu peace outline unacceptable - Yahoo! News

You and others like you don't have clue. The Palestinian's want Jerusalem as their capital. The Palestinian's don't want land they want Israel dead.

I'm sure you could find quite a number of Palestinians who feel that way. They're commonly referred to as extremists. Extremists exist in every group. But you paint with too broad a brush. It would be the equivalent of saying that ALL tea party members are racists. There ARE moderate forces within the Palestinian movement that want a negotiated settlement so they can have their own country where they can raise their families in peace. Isn't that what MOST people want everywhere in the world?

Here's where many conservatives make a fatal mistake. Israel and her supporters can't advance the cause of moderation on the opposing side by taking an inflexible extremist position on the part of Israel. It will only have the opposite effect. It will encourage AND strengthen the cause of Palestinian extremist groups such as Hamas.

Noooooooooo, the weakness was demonstrated YET AGAIN by our inept President who was thoroughly rejected and then given a lesson on history from a TRUE LEADER.

Netanyahu clearly rejected Obama again today by basically saying that the original borders are not negotiable, and ISRAEL will decide what the hell the so-called Palestinians get, if anything at all.

If it is weakness to be heckled then the Israeli PM got his too. But I don't think to be heckled is to be weak.

Are you still going with "he didn't say that" still?

Do you get tired of being caught in a lie?

The sign of a TRUE LEADER is to reject the notion of any negotiation after 60 years of continuous unresolved conflict and when your country is under constant threat of attack?
They will decide "what the hell the so-called Palestinians get, if anything at all."?

A TRUE LEADER backs his country into a corner?

I'm sure you could find quite a number of Palestinians who feel that way. They're commonly referred to as extremists. Extremists exist in every group. But you paint with too broad a brush. It would be the equivalent of saying that ALL tea party members are racists. There ARE moderate forces within the Palestinian movement that want a negotiated settlement so they can have their own country where they can raise their families in peace. Isn't that what MOST people want everywhere in the world?

Here's where many conservatives make a fatal mistake. Israel and her supporters can't advance the cause of moderation on the opposing side by taking an inflexible extremist position on the part of Israel. It will only have the opposite effect. It will encourage AND strengthen the cause of Palestinian extremist groups such as Hamas.
The so-called Palestinians, and their leader signed a pact with Hamas, making them one in the same.......The so-called Palestinian SQUATTERS want nothing more than the extermination of all Jews, period.

The sign of a TRUE LEADER is to reject the notion of any negotiation after 60 years of continuous unresolved conflict and when your country is under constant threat of attack?
They will decide "what the hell the so-called Palestinians get, if anything at all."?

A true leader rejects a failed leaders attempt to back his country into a corner. As we saw when Neyanyahu rejected Obama before the worlds eyes.......And rightfully so!

The majority want that.

I had a Palestinian Arabic instructor when I was in the service. She was the nicest little old lady you'd ever want to meet.

Mention Israel and she became fuming mad. It's almost like she couldn't contain herself.

Even the nicest Palestinian has a large bone to pick with Israel. And it's because of the 1967 war. The Palestinians got caught in the middle. And the perps of that war have screwed over those poor people. Arabs treat Palestinians like the worlds trailor-park trash. I've heard it said that other Arabs treat them worse then Israel does.

Gee whiz...I'll tell you what? Why don't we dig up Yassir Arafatand ask him why he rejected what the Israeli's were willing to give up in 2000?

The embedded link will give you a clue...

Forum List

Back