Wow, ExxonMobil CEO Sues To Block Fracking-Related Project Near His Home

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Of course it's safe, but not in my back yard. < my comment

Wow, ExxonMobil CEO Sues To Block Fracking-Related Project Near His Home (Note: ExxonMobil Is Biggest Natural Gas Producer In US) | CleanTechnica

As ExxonMobil’s CEO, it’s Rex Tillerson’s job to promote the hydraulic fracturing enabling the recent oil and gas boom, and fight regulatory oversight. The oil company is the biggest natural gas producer in the U.S., relying on the controversial drilling technology to extract it.

The exception is when Tillerson’s $5 million property value might be harmed. Tillerson has joined a lawsuit that cites fracking’s consequences in order to block the construction of a 160-foot water tower next to his and his wife’s Texas home.

Read more at Wow, ExxonMobil CEO Sues To Block Fracking-Related Project Near His Home (Note: ExxonMobil Is Biggest Natural Gas Producer In US) | CleanTechnica

Wow, ExxonMobil CEO Sues To Block Fracking-Related Project Near His Home (Note: ExxonMobil Is Biggest Natural Gas Producer In US) | CleanTechnica

As ExxonMobil’s CEO, it’s Rex Tillerson’s job to promote the hydraulic fracturing enabling the recent oil and gas boom, and fight regulatory oversight. The oil company is the biggest natural gas producer in the U.S., relying on the controversial drilling technology to extract it.

The exception is when Tillerson’s $5 million property value might be harmed. Tillerson has joined a lawsuit that cites fracking’s consequences in order to block the construction of a 160-foot water tower next to his and his wife’s Texas home.

Read more at Wow, ExxonMobil CEO Sues To Block Fracking-Related Project Near His Home (Note: ExxonMobil Is Biggest Natural Gas Producer In US) | CleanTechnica

So where does he want it built? In some poor sods neighborhood? :eusa_hand:

He joined a lawsuit. *yawn*

And is there anything out there these days that doesn't cite fracking and it's consequences?

Still-born babies, rabies, scabies?

:lol:

You forgot earthquakes.

Central Oklahoma has seen a massive increase in earthquakes in recent years, leading geological scientists to link the uptick in quakes to oil and gas development in the way of hydraulic fracking.

From 1975 to 2008, the US Geological Survey found that central Oklahoma experienced one to three 3.0-magntitude earthquakes per year, The Nation reported. That number jumped to an average of 40 a year from 2009 to 2013.

?Oklahoma earthquake spike likely linked to fracking boom ? RT USA

http://nation.time.com/2014/02/18/oklahoma-wonders-why-the-earth-is-shaking/

Last edited:
He joined a lawsuit. *yawn*

And is there anything out there these days that doesn't cite fracking and it's consequences?

Still-born babies, rabies, scabies?

:lol:

You forgot earthquakes.

Central Oklahoma has seen a massive increase in earthquakes in recent years, leading geological scientists to link the uptick in quakes to oil and gas development in the way of hydraulic fracking.

From 1975 to 2008, the US Geological Survey found that central Oklahoma experienced one to three 3.0-magntitude earthquakes per year, The Nation reported. That number jumped to an average of 40 a year from 2009 to 2013.

?Oklahoma earthquake spike likely linked to fracking boom ? RT USA

Oklahoma Earthquakes: Fracking, Or Just Ordinary Seismic Activity? | TIME.com

You forgot science. And economics.

redneck.jpg

Something tells me that if they just fracked by Republicans there wouldn't be a problem.

CaféAuLait;8679262 said:

So where does he want it built? In some poor sods neighborhood? :eusa_hand:

Yes.

Just be sure to send the checks to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back