WTF? WHO we are at WAR with is CLASSIFIED?

Pentagon: Who We're At War With Is Classified

In a major national security speech this spring, President Obama said again and again that the U.S. is at war with “Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and their associated forces.”

So who exactly are those associated forces? It’s a secret.

At a hearing in May, Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., asked the Defense Department to provide him with a current list of Al Qaeda affiliates.

The Pentagon responded – but Levin’s office told ProPublica they aren’t allowed to share it. Kathleen Long, a spokeswoman for Levin, would say only that the department’s “answer included the information requested.”

A Pentagon spokesman told ProPublica that revealing such a list could cause “serious damage to national security.”

“Because elements that might be considered ‘associated forces’ can build credibility by being listed as such by the United States, we have classified the list,” said the spokesman, Lt. Col. Jim Gregory. “We cannot afford to inflate these organizations that rely on violent extremist ideology to strengthen their ranks.”

It’s not an abstract question: U.S. drone strikes and other actions frequently target “associated forces,” as has been the case with dozens of strikes against an Al Qaeda offshoot in Yemen.
This administration wants absolutely ZERO accountability for ANYTHING it does.

And the free people of a democratic republic have a RIGHT to know who we are at war with.

Which means this republic is, if not dead, damned sure close to being dead and replaced by a fucking dictator that the oligarchs work like puppet.

re: Benghazi

"There is a sealed indictment. There's a reason why it's sealed"

:eusa_shhh:

You guys had no problem with this sort of thing when Bush was doing it.
And you guys have no problem when Obama does it.

So what was all that hatred directed at Bush for?

Oh yeah, blind partisanship.

When there’s a republican president, likely in 2017, and he announces the continuation of the surveillance programs, which he undoubtedly will, we expect you and others on the right to be just as aggressively and vocally opposed to the programs under that republican’s administration, as under Obama’s.

I enjoy your posts in the one respect that they keep reminding me that you are a partisan dickhead.

You guys had no problem with this sort of thing when Bush was doing it.
And you guys have no problem when Obama does it.

So what was all that hatred directed at Bush for?

Oh yeah, blind partisanship.

When there’s a republican president, likely in 2017, and he announces the continuation of the surveillance programs, which he undoubtedly will, we expect you and others on the right to be just as aggressively and vocally opposed to the programs under that republican’s administration, as under Obama’s.

You mean just like I was when the POS "Patriot" Act was first introduced?
No Problem

How about when it was expanded on 06?
You betchya

You are free to grab your ankles for these fucktards.
Personally, I buy ammo
:eusa_shhh:

So, let me make sure I've got this straight.

The military doesn't want possible al-queda affiliates to know that we're targeting them, and you guys are outraged about that?

Yes, as we SHOULD be.

Hell, these pricks are SUPPOSED to be getting a declaration of war, instead of repeated emergency declarations that are without end, in effect.

They owe the public to at least tell us who the fuck we are bombing.

I agree with you in principle, but it doesn't make any sort of sense in terms of military strategy.

ah yes-----Mr. "two wrongs makes a right" shows up right on cue. :lol:

No, I just get a little bored with you guys who supported torture and warrentless searches and drone stirkes are suddenly all upset because those policies are being continued by the Black Guy.

It's the fact he's a black guy you have a problem with, not what he's doing.

I didn't have a problem with them in general as long as Congress does it's job and provides oversight and review.

We have a remedy for abuses, it's called Impeachment.

It's wrong on both sides, wrong is wrong.

Why is it wrong? The right used to complain the problem with Clinton's approach is he treated a military threat likea criminal one. Bush treated like a military one, and so is Obama.

In a major national security speech this spring, President Obama said again and again that the U.S. is at war with “Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and their associated forces.”

At a hearing in May, Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., asked the Defense Department to provide him with a current list of Al Qaeda affiliates.

The Pentagon responded – but Levin’s office told ProPublica they aren’t allowed to share it. Kathleen Long, a spokeswoman for Levin, would say only that the department’s “answer included the information requested.”

A Pentagon spokesman told ProPublica that revealing such a list could cause “serious damage to national security.”

“Because elements that might be considered ‘associated forces’ can build credibility by being listed as such by the United States, we have classified the list,” said the spokesman, Lt. Col. Jim Gregory. “We cannot afford to inflate these organizations that rely on violent extremist ideology to strengthen their ranks.”

It’s not an abstract question: U.S. drone strikes and other actions frequently target “associated forces,” as has been the case with dozens of strikes against an Al Qaeda offshoot in Yemen.

And the free people of a democratic republic have a RIGHT to know who we are at war with.

Which means this republic is, if not dead, damned sure close to being dead and replaced by a fucking dictator that the oligarchs work like puppet.

This administration, only?

You guys are either lying through your asses or are incredibly stupid.

No, I just get a little bored with you guys who supported torture and warrentless searches and drone stirkes are suddenly all upset because those policies are being continued by the Black Guy.

I didn't have a problem with them in general as long as Congress does it's job and provides oversight and review.

Why is it wrong? The right used to complain the problem with Clinton's approach is he treated a military threat likea criminal one. Bush treated like a military one, and so is Obama.

That wasn't the case with Clinton.

He thought terrorist threats were best handled with covert ops.

He was right.

The government laid out in the Constitution is a democratic-Republic, but I fear you are right, but I would say we have a kleptocratic oligarchy.

Whatever the label - the important thing is for Americans to realize our government no longer represents the citizenry.
Our government has become corrupt to the point that it has become something else, and what it is today is certainly not a Democratic Republic.
As I pointed out before, in the several $trillion tax giveaway that is still going on to the tune of $85,000,000,000 PER MONTH - who is benefiting? Follow the money from 2008 and 2009.
Right in the middle of the worst economic year in 60 plus years - Wall Street had a record year. The best year in it's history - how did that happen? Why did it happen? How did the central banks and Wall Street firms turn record profits less than a year after the worst market crash since the depression? How did Wall Street repeat a second record this year?
How is it that the wealthiest 7% in America has seen a 28% increase in earnings - while 93% of the rest of us has had a 5% DECLINE? Why is that?
Large corporations are seeing record profits while small businesses are failing right and left. What is the end result of this?
Our government is completely controlled by special interest/corporate interest and any organization that is willing to pay for legislation. Our government is for sale to the highest bidder - BOTH PARTIES - .
And we all argue about Democrats vs. Republicans....which is exactly what they want us to do. Divide and conquer.

Last edited:

I don't care who the Presidents are that did this, political party has no effect on me.

Drone strikes set a dangerous precedent, secret wars, covert operations, warrantless searches. They are thing that threaten our freedoms.

...this republic is, if not dead, damned sure close to being dead and replaced by a fucking dictator that the oligarchs work like puppet.
We are not a Republic. Not even close.
We are a plutocracy, or kleptocracy whichever you prefer.
The government laid out in the Constitution is a democratic-Republic, but I fear you are right, but I would say we have a kleptocratic oligarchy.
Not much difference between the two, but, technically, your definition is a bit more accurate.

Whatever the label - the important thing is for Americans to realize our government no longer represents the citizenry.
Our government has become corrupt to the point that it has become something else, and what it is today is certainly not a Democratic Republic.
As I pointed out before, in the several $trillion tax giveaway that is still going on to the tune of $85,000,000,000 PER MONTH - who is benefiting? Follow the money from 2008 and 2009.
Right in the middle of the worst economic year in 60 plus years - Wall Street had a record year. The best year in it's history - how did that happen? Why did it happen? How did the central banks and Wall Street firms turn record profits less than a year after the worst market crash since the depression? How did Wall Street repeat a second record this year?
How is it that the wealthiest 7% in America has seen a 28% increase in earnings - while 93% of the rest of us has had a 5% DECLINE? Why is that?
Large corporations are seeing record profits while small businesses are failing right and left. What is the end result of this?
Our government is completely controlled by special interest/corporate interest and any organization that is willing to pay for legislation. Our government is for sale to the highest bidder - BOTH PARTIES - .
And we all argue about Democrats vs. Republicans....which is exactly what they want us to do. Divide and conquer.

Elected Democrats AND Republicans in DC depend on that 7% of US voters to fund their campaigns and retirements. The tool we are using to communicate with right this minute could Change that dynamic in one single news cycle.

Representatives and Senators are not protected by the electoral college.
Many ballots around this country already offer candidates from established third parties.
Republican OR Democrat is not the only choice when selecting members of the US Congress.

FLUSH a hundred (or more) incumbents of both parties from DC in November of 2014, and the corporations and special interests that control our government will face a problem they haven't seen since the First Constitutional Convention.

Then FLUSH all remaining incumbents in 2016, just in time for whatever corporate tool moves into the White House next.

It's not Rocket Science.
It is Natural Selection.

This administration, only?

You guys are either lying through your asses or are incredibly stupid.

None said this administration only. I complained equally as much about Bush and the Patriot Act among other things.

The stupidity that is confusing you lies between your eyeballs and the back of your head.

Forum List

Back