Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property

I agree that the EPA is out of control and a waste.

Aren't the vast majority of faux ?news? contributors teabaggers?

And the majority of teabagger support comes from two guys that the EPA has targeted justly.

Koch Industries | PolluterWatch

And now we have the rest of the story!

And this has fuckall to do with what?

faux not telling the whole story. They tend to do that since the average age of a faux watcher is 68, or as I call it; 'the dementia class.'

And the majority of teabagger support comes from two guys that the EPA has targeted justly.

faux not telling the whole story. They tend to do that since the average age of a faux watcher is 68, or as I call it; 'the dementia class.'
You make things up, and then claim the reporting agency is being misleading.

Where is your proof he did not have a permit, but more importantly, where is your proof the Federal Government has a right to regulate what he does on his private land.

Do NOT STATE anything about the welfare clause, because we all know that the statement has been distorted to favor those in power.

What makes this guy think that the water in a creek that has egress on his property is HIS water?

Did you miss the part where he has a state permit?

No. Did you miss the part where he needed a Federal permit? He damned a creek that had egress on his property which flows to a larger tributary. Even if he didn't know about Federal permits, I'm sure he was told by the state, if not, there's his out. This is nothing more than the six P's of stupid.

I agree that the EPA is out of control and a waste.

However the Constitution is clear.

the following powers fall to Congress.

Section 8

1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

2: To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

3: To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

4: To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

5: To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

6: To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

7: To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

8: To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

9: To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

10: To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

12: To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

13: To provide and maintain a Navy;

14: To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

15: To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

16: To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

17: To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--And

18: To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

If the general welfare portion means what FDR and the Courts ruled it to mean then the Congress has the power to create maintain regulate and give power to the EPA.

And I imagine any attempt to cite Article I section 8 paragraph 17 as the justification to oppose the EPA will fail in Federal Court.

The courts ignoring explicit language of the constitution to protect the bureaucracy, a judge that would do that doesn't deserve to be on the bench. But as long as we allow it, they will continue to do it. The time is growing closer for an American spring.

Well now that you got your FOX and Octogenarian hatred out of the way you mind going into further detail about how the EPA is right in fining someone 75k per day for having a pond on their own property? I'm truly interested in this soon to come enlightening reply.

The Army Corps of Engineers is in control of the banks of rivers, and lakes.. My Dad had to replace trees that were cut down when they built their house by the lake, if he failed to do so he would have fined also.

You really have no idea where this pond is and if he built a dam into the pond area.....so assumptions for opinions will make your argument weak at best....

Damn you really are a freak with no earthly clue. The dam he built created the pond. I think you need to do a bit more research on what the Corps of Engineers does and what their lawful responsibilities are. Hint, the law only gives them authority over navigable waterways.

What makes this guy think that the water in a creek that has egress on his property is HIS water?

No. Did you miss the part where he needed a Federal permit? He damned a creek that had egress on his property which flows to a larger tributary. Even if he didn't know about Federal permits, I'm sure he was told by the state, if not, there's his out. This is nothing more than the six P's of stupid.

No he doesn't, feds have no legal authority, to say shit.

When his tiny pond is full, the excess water will trickle down as usual.

This guy played by the rules.

The EPA was not created to destroy people's right to the pursuit of happiness.

There's nothing happier than looking out on a small body of water on your own land, providing pleasure for migratory birds who visit, and knowing that there's plenty for everybody.

What is it if a few thousand gallons out of bazillions that flow goes to a family with 3 children on a little piece of land their parents own and fix up for them to learn all about the beauty and conservation of nature and its water?

The State of Wyoming has tributaries that flow to two oceans. The snow melt this year is going to be quite good, in fact the best since the year 1934, which registered a similar amoung of precipitation: Water Resources Data System PRISM Retrieval - Mean Monthly Maximum Temperature

The Washington Democrats are on a headhunting party for Republican strongholds like little Wyoming, that barely has half a million people living within its borders, and 200,000 voters, tops in the entire state.

What a waste of taxpayer money, going after a family of 5 abiding by the local laws and minding their own business, for not very much impact except to benefit the wildlife. :(

Small Water ponds keep birds alive and well. I can't emphasize their benefit to the state's flora and fauna enough.

Last edited:

The State of Wyoming has states' rights. The EPA needs a spanking. :badgrin:

All Andy Johnson wanted to do was build a stock pond on his sprawling eight-acre Wyoming farm. He and his wife Katie spent hours constructing it, filling it with crystal-clear water, and bringing in brook and brown trout, ducks and geese. It was a place where his horses could drink and graze, and a private playground for his three children

But instead of enjoying the fruits of his labor, the Wyoming welder says he was harangued by the federal government, stuck in what he calls a petty power play by the Environmental Protection AgencyHe claims the agency is now threatening him with civil and criminal penalties – including the threat of a $75,000-a-day fine.

Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property | Fox News

Fuck the EPA, Fuck the Gov.

Oh, Fox News. LOL :bs1:

So Fox News is making a story based on the claims of a person....No surprise there, perfectly normal for Fox "News".

(smile) Fuck off Gov boy.....tell us when you've swallowed enough Lefty jizz.

Such harsh words from an old geezer.

Again, 'The guy got a legal permit and followed the rules'. As it turns out, no.

Again it is HIS land......now trust me, I KNOW that a good "collectivist" like you hasn't a clue as to what "land ownership" means.....but tough shit. He OWNS it.

While it is his land, it's not his water and that seems to be the issue here. However, the EPA is very much out of control and they are the literal jack-booted thugs when they want to be.

When his tiny pond is full, the excess water will trickle down as usual.

This guy played by the rules.

The EPA was not created to destroy people's right to the pursuit of happiness.

There's nothing happier than looking out on a small body of water on your own land, providing pleasure for migratory birds who visit, and knowing that there's plenty for everybody.

What is it if a few thousand gallons out of bazillions that flow goes to a family with 3 children on a little piece of land their parents own and fix up for them to learn all about the beauty and conservation of nature and its water?

The State of Wyoming has tributaries that flow to two oceans. The snow melt this year is going to be quite good, in fact the best since the year 1934, which registered a similar amoung of precipitation: Water Resources Data System PRISM Retrieval - Mean Monthly Maximum Temperature

The Washington Democrats are on a headhunting party for Republican strongholds like little Wyoming, that barely has half a million people living within its borders, and 200,000 voters, tops in the entire state.

What a waste of taxpayer money, going after a family of 5 abiding by the local laws and minding their own business, for not very much impact except to benefit the wildlife. :(

Small Water ponds keep birds alive and well. I can't emphasize their benefit to the state's flora and fauna enough.

That's not necessarily true, damming up a pond does much more than just take the amount of water required to fill the pond once.

The Army Corps of Engineers is in control of the banks of rivers, and lakes.. My Dad had to replace trees that were cut down when they built their house by the lake, if he failed to do so he would have fined also.

You really have no idea where this pond is and if he built a dam into the pond area.....so assumptions for opinions will make your argument weak at best....

Damn you really are a freak with no earthly clue. The dam he built created the pond. I think you need to do a bit more research on what the Corps of Engineers does and what their lawful responsibilities are. Hint, the law only gives them authority over navigable waterways.

Like I stated before, my parents built a house next to a lake and the contractor they hired cut some trees down that were 10 feet from the bank on the lake. My parents had to replace the trees or face fines from the Corps of Engineers,I am well aware of what they control......

Are you the freak that can't discuss matters without calling names and being a dick???????????????????

All Andy Johnson wanted to do was build a stock pond on his sprawling eight-acre Wyoming farm. He and his wife Katie spent hours constructing it, filling it with crystal-clear water, and bringing in brook and brown trout, ducks and geese. It was a place where his horses could drink and graze, and a private playground for his three children

But instead of enjoying the fruits of his labor, the Wyoming welder says he was harangued by the federal government, stuck in what he calls a petty power play by the Environmental Protection AgencyHe claims the agency is now threatening him with civil and criminal penalties – including the threat of a $75,000-a-day fine.

Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property | Fox News

Fuck the EPA, Fuck the Gov.

Oh, Fox News. LOL :bs1:

So Fox News is making a story based on the claims of a person....No surprise there, perfectly normal for Fox "News".

Are there any other kinds of stories that aren't claimed by a person? Isn't the news pretty much predicated on one thing happening to some person and getting reported?

Do we just need to magically come up with stories by imaginary friends like the left does? Reid had an imaginary friend once that told him Romney didn't pay any taxes, Pelosi has an imaginary friend that apparently hates poor people, Cory Booker has an imaginary friend named T-bone. And Reid has a bunch of imaginary liars that aren't being hurt by obiecare they just don't exist.

Here we have an actual person with a problem yet you treat him and his family like they don't exist because it's not a story you want out there. And since FOX brought this story up that is somehow worse for this guy.

What do we need to do to actually call attention to people's problems that the left is causing if claims of a person are off limits, FOX is off limits but you make up anyone you can into your fantasy of everything is just fine.

The deed to his land, state law, and the permit he got from the state?

Since I answered your question, I have one for you. What makes the EPA think the stream on his property is navigable?

Forum List

Back