Xavier McClain died on Wednesday night, two weeks after he was critically injured in high school football game

We had a classmate die from a football injury back in '78. His nickname was "Catfish" because he loved catfish so much. He took a helmet to the lower abdomen and had to leave the field. They took him to a hospital that night to get him evaluated and his X-Rays came back normal. He actually had a small tear in his large bowel and the docs missed it. His family found him dead sitting on a toilet seat the next morning. Peritonitis can be QUICKLY deadly. Some of the contents of his bowel leaked out and his body went into shock.

RIP, Xavier.

CBS never mentions the cause of death. Has that not been determined?
sustained head injury

New Jersey high school football player Xavier McClain died Wednesday from a sustained head injury that happened during a game a few weeks earlier. The sophomore running back at Linden High School spent some time on life support. The incident happened during the second game of the season on Sept. 9.5 hours ago

New Jersey high school football player Xavier McClain dies ...​

https://www.cbssports.com › high-school › football › news

We had a classmate die from a football injury back in '78. His nickname was "Catfish" because he loved catfish so much. He took a helmet to the lower abdomen and had to leave the field. They took him to a hospital that night to get him evaluated and his X-Rays came back normal. He actually had a small tear in his large bowel and the docs missed it. His family found him dead sitting on a toilet seat the next morning. Peritonitis can be QUICKLY deadly. Some of the contents of his bowel leaked out and his body went into shock.

RIP, Xavier.
I can relate. I had a case of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis about 4 weeks ago and the doctors all told me in the emergency room and hospital that I would have been dead by morning had I waited to come to the hospital.. I spent 6 days on IV anti-biotics.

Forum List

Back