Yes, 97%

Fuck you you idiot
such class in a debate.

It was in response to this classy comment:
SSDD said:
Perhaps it is time for you guys to put on your big girl panties and acknowledge that what you believe in is a mathematical model...what you believe to be happening has never been measured or observed....and it just pisses you off that I don't believe what you believe. I watch science discard long held beliefs every day...new knowledge comes along and we find that what we thought we knew....we didn't. As time moves on, post modern science will take more of those hits than classical science because so much of post modern science is, in fact, models....unobserved, untested, unmeasured...simply assumed...

And rather than simply admit that your position is based on an unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable mathematical model, you lash out with your classy comment....completely expected and unsurprising.

Fuck you you idiot

And rather than simply admit that your position is based on an unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable mathematical model, you lash out with your classy comment....completely expected and unsurprising.

That all matter, constantly radiates EM energy in the IR band is observable, measurable, testable, is perfectly described by the Stefan-Boltzman equation and you are a fucking idiot.

Fuck you you idiot

That all matter, constantly radiates EM energy in the IR band is observable, measurable, testable, is perfectly described by the Stefan-Boltzman equation and you are a fucking idiot.

Really write out the SB equation because clearly you can't do this in your head...set T and Tc to the same number...what is P?...and do keep in mind that the equation describes a one way energy flow...

Fuck you you idiot

Really write out the SB equation because clearly you can't do this in your head...set T and Tc to the same number...what is P?...and do keep in mind that the equation describes a one way energy flow...

Do you feel that an object above 0K ceases radiating simply because it is surrounded by something of the same temperature?

Fuck you you idiot

Do you feel that an object above 0K ceases radiating simply because it is surrounded by something of the same temperature?

Write down the SB equation...set T and Tc to the same value...P=what? And the equation describes a one way movement of energy.

Fuck you you idiot

Write down the SB equation...set T and Tc to the same value...P=what? And the equation describes a one way movement of energy.

So you feel that because the net energy loss/gain is zero that objects above 0K can cease radiating, despite all evidence to the contrary?

Fuck you you idiot

So you feel that because the net energy loss/gain is zero that objects above 0K can cease radiating, despite all evidence to the contrary?

I don't "feel" anything...I am simply looking at the equations and accepting them as correct because every observation ever made bears them out...you are the one who is feeling and believing, and still unable to produce a single observed, measured example of what you claim is happening.

I don't "feel" anything...I am simply looking at the equations and accepting them as correct because every observation ever made bears them out...you are the one who is feeling and believing, and still unable to produce a single observed, measured example of what you claim is happening.

I don't "feel" anything.

Of course you do.
You feel energy flow is one way, when you can't produce any literature to back you up.

I am simply looking at the equations and accepting them as correct

They are correct. It is your misinterpretation that is wrong.

still unable to produce a single observed, measured example of what you claim is happening

Sure, the physics book I linked and the Science Magazine article I linked were wrong, but every observation ever, that show "one-way flow", which you cannot link to, are correct. LOL!
You're silly.

Come on now, with all of history to pull from, you still can't post 2 sources that say one-way flow.
Why do you feel that is the case?

God Damn, SSo DDumb, in our furnaces we heat slabs of steel to 1600 degrees. The heated air from the burning natural gas is at 1700 degrees. Yet you can look into the furnace and see the slabs glowing. But what you are stating is that is impossible since they are surrounded be gases at a higher heat. SSo DDumb is appropriate.

Sorry, interpreting is all you...the equation is clearly describing a one way energy flow....one expression...one way flow. If it were describing a two way flow there would be two expressions...one to account for the energy moving in each direction....

Sure, the physics book I linked and the Science Magazine article I linked were wrong, but every observation ever, that show "one-way flow", which you cannot link to, are correct. LOL!

Are you lying..or can you really not differentiate between reality...actual observation and a mathematical model? Guess I shouldn't ask that since you have clearly replaced reality with a mathematical model insofar as your own position goes.

Sorry, interpreting is all you...the equation is clearly describing a one way energy flow....one expression...one way flow. If it were describing a two way flow there would be two expressions...one to account for the energy moving in each direction....

Are you lying..or can you really not differentiate between reality...actual observation and a mathematical model? Guess I shouldn't ask that since you have clearly replaced reality with a mathematical model insofar as your own position goes.

Yes, they used the SB correctly.
And still no link that says one-way flow.

Does that make you sad?
All alone in your claim. No link that agrees.

God Damn, SSo DDumb, in our furnaces we heat slabs of steel to 1600 degrees. The heated air from the burning natural gas is at 1700 degrees. Yet you can look into the furnace and see the slabs glowing. But what you are stating is that is impossible since they are surrounded be gases at a higher heat. SSo DDumb is appropriate.

You got nothing right and you're calling someone else "Dumb"?

You got nothing right and you're calling someone else "Dumb"?

In this case, SSDD is wrong.

The universe essentially is playing a game of hot potato. Every particle is trtying to shed energy as fast as it can but neighbouring particles keep passing theirs along as well.

A simple illustrative example. Two men, one with $90 the other with $10, want to give their money away. Every minute they can pass 10% of their money to the other. After an hour of this they both have $50 but they are still passing $5 to each other every minute.

Even the SB power equation is a vast simplification because it is only dealing with one direction, between the two objects. Radiation is happening at all times and in all directions, continuously.

Yes, they used the SB correctly.
And still no link that says one-way flow.

Not my fault that you can't recognize even the basics.

Does that make you sad?
All alone in your claim. No link that agrees.

Not at all... only a real loser needs the validation of others....I am fine being right all by myself.

By the way, it is damned interesting that you agree with Ian above when he is stating that the SB equation is a description of a one way energy flow.

Last edited:
The universe essentially is playing a game of hot potato. Every particle is trtying to shed energy as fast as it can but neighbouring particles keep passing theirs along as well.

A simple illustrative example. Two men, one with $90 the other with $10, want to give their money away. Every minute they can pass 10% of their money to the other. After an hour of this they both have $50 but they are still passing $5 to each other every minute.

Even the SB power equation is a vast simplification because it is only dealing with one direction, between the two objects. Radiation is happening at all times and in all directions, continuously.

Always illustrations...and thought experiments...and this and that...but no actual measured observations of an object radiating out and absorbing energy from a cooler object at the same time....why don't you tell Toddster why he can't find any actual example....rather than let his claims that they exist pass?

And thanks for finally admitting that the SB equation is describing a one way energy flux..one must wonder why you didn't bother to mention it to Toddster for all these pages while he has continued to claim that the SB equation is describing a two way flux.

Forum List

Back