Yesterday's heroes ... As Hospitals Lose Revenue, More Than A Million Health Care Workers Lose Jobs

Denizen

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2018
This will be a damning consequence of Donald Trump's incompetence as the very people that saved lives during the crisis are the next victims.

Health care workers are becoming unemployed in unusually large numbers as hospitals suffer declining revenues from disruption of normal healthcare business as Covid19 response absorbs all their resources.

Could there be bankruptcies of hospitals?

Healthcare workers have become yesterday's heroes. It is credible that other first responders will also suffer as state governments have huge budget deficits.

Donald Trump and the GOP are resisting aid to state governments and are not even considering helping hospitals and healthcare workers.

As Hospitals Lose Revenue, More Than A Million Health Care Workers Lose Jobs

May 8, 20205:04 AM ET

Meg Anderson - 2019
MEG ANDERSON

As part of a demonstration across from the White House on May 7, National Nurses United set out empty shoes for nurses who have died from COVID-19. The union is asking employers and the government to provide safe workplaces, including adequate staffing. Hospitals have been laying off and furloughing nurses due to lost revenue.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
Updated at 9:00 a.m. ET

Michelle Sweeney could barely sleep. The nurse in Plymouth, Mass., had just learned she would be furloughed. She only had four hours the next day to call all of her patients.

"I was in a panic state. I was sick over it," Sweeney said. "Our patients are the frailest, sickest group."

Sweeney works for Atrius Health as a case manager for patients with chronic health conditions and those who have been discharged from the hospital or emergency room.

"It's very devaluing, like a slap in the face," Sweeney said. "Nursing is who you are ... I've never been unemployed my entire life."

It's an ironic twist as the coronavirus pandemic sweeps the nation: The very workers tasked with treating those afflicted with the virus are losing work in droves. Emergency room visits are down. Non-urgent surgical procedures have largely been put on hold. Health care spending fell 18% in the first three months of the year. And 1.4 million health care workers lost their jobs in April, a sharp increase from the 42,000 reported in March, according to the Labor Department. Nearly 135,000 of the April losses were in hospitals. ...

It is credible that other first responders will also suffer as state governments have huge budget deficits.
Yes. Police, fire, teachers, social workers, public health nurses, town office workers, even the guys who plow our roads and mow the ditches, all will be in jeopardy. This is not going to be good. I don't know how anyone can think this is what ANY governor is trying to achieve. Even our state which has taken a minimal hit is in trouble financially.

Well the conservatives who want smaller government may just get it.

Donald Trump and the GOP are resisting aid to state governments and are not even considering helping hospitals and healthcare workers.
What were all those trillions for? Wasn't a lot of that aid to the states in that it provided tests, PPE, personnel in some instances, and also keeping people of their states employed--or getting unemployment so they wouldn't starve?

• Banned
Blame the President? Surely you jest.

No!

Dopey Donald Trump jests. His administration is a joke and a fraud.

Since his inauguration, Dopey Donald Trump has been incurring Federal debt at 2 x GDP growth.

This will be a damning consequence of Donald Trump's incompetence as the very people that saved lives during the crisis are the next victims.

Health care workers are becoming unemployed in unusually large numbers as hospitals suffer declining revenues from disruption of normal healthcare business as Covid19 response absorbs all their resources.

Healthcare workers have become yesterday's heroes. It is credible that other first responders will also suffer as state governments have huge budget deficits.

Meg Anderson - 2019
MEG ANDERSON

As part of a demonstration across from the White House on May 7, National Nurses United set out empty shoes for nurses who have died from COVID-19. The union is asking employers and the government to provide safe workplaces, including adequate staffing. Hospitals have been laying off and furloughing nurses due to lost revenue.

Michelle Sweeney could barely sleep. The nurse in Plymouth, Mass., had just learned she would be furloughed. She only had four hours the next day to call all of her patients.

"I was in a panic state. I was sick over it," Sweeney said. "Our patients are the frailest, sickest group."

Sweeney works for Atrius Health as a case manager for patients with chronic health conditions and those who have been discharged from the hospital or emergency room.

"It's very devaluing, like a slap in the face," Sweeney said. "Nursing is who you are ... I've never been unemployed my entire life."

It's an ironic twist as the coronavirus pandemic sweeps the nation: The very workers tasked with treating those afflicted with the virus are losing work in droves. Emergency room visits are down. Non-urgent surgical procedures have largely been put on hold. Health care spending fell 18% in the first three months of the year. And 1.4 million health care workers lost their jobs in April, a sharp increase from the 42,000 reported in March, according to the Labor Department. Nearly 135,000 of the April losses were in hospitals. ...
Leftists have caused this. Your crisis hasnt panned out and healthcare workers have nothing to do

• Banned

Meg Anderson - 2019
MEG ANDERSON

Leftists have caused this. Your crisis hasnt panned out and healthcare workers have nothing to do

They can be assigned to cure the mental disease of MAGAnuts that will become suicidal after Donald Trump is expunged.

As the lunatics rail, STAY HOME, we'll make the nanny state send you booze, dope, and a check each month.

Can't have it both ways. If you want to push this economic destruction on us you can have your partners in crime China pay for it.

I hear Hunter Bidum has a billion bucks of China's money. He can cough that up to start.

So more people should die of the Covid virus to keep hospital workers busy?
Cool! But then you would accuse Trump of letting people die.
Great! But then you would have to hate Trump and save people from Covid death.
Okay, but then you would hate Trump for laying off hospital workers.
But...but....but...but....but....you live in a circle of insane hate for Trump.

You're a fascinating insane jackass.

Meg Anderson - 2019
MEG ANDERSON

China. You meant to say China. Since the world is impacted and not just America. But you knew that and trolled anyway. Dumbassen.

No!

Since his inauguration, Dopey Donald Trump has been incurring Federal debt at 2 x GDP growth.

This coming from dopey denizen. You lie and twist things so much, it’s no wonder we think you are nothing but a lowly snake in the grass. Take care dopey denizen, don’t forget to take your meds.

So more people should die of the Covid virus to keep hospital workers busy?
Cool! But then you would accuse Trump of letting people die.
Great! But then you would have to hate Trump and save people from Covid death.
Okay, but then you would hate Trump for laying off hospital workers.
But...but....but...but....but....you live in a circle of insane hate for Trump.

You're a fascinating insane jackass.

You are a MAGAnut extremist with no sense of reality.

No!

So the President really isn't to blame but the allegation is that his administration is a joke a and a fraud? How does that work?

It is fueled by the rabble MAGAnut extremists who cheer every act of disgrace performed by Dopey Donald Trump.

Meg Anderson - 2019
MEG ANDERSON

China. You meant to say China. Since the world is impacted and not just America. But you knew that and trolled anyway. Dumbassen.

Not unless Dopey Donald Trump has changed his name to China.

No!

This coming from dopey denizen. You lie and twist things so much, it’s no wonder we think you are nothing but a lowly snake in the grass. Take care dopey denizen, don’t forget to take your meds.

Thanks for sharing your personal experiences.

Meg Anderson - 2019
MEG ANDERSON

Not unless Dopey Donald Trump has changed his name to China.
Fuck off you ugly ass troll. You cannot even answer a simple question. Dumbass.

No!

Thanks for sharing your personal experiences.
You’re a welfare collecting Leftist at best. Foreign troll at worst.

Forum List

Back