Yet Another Toddler Accidentally Shot And Killed His Mother

I wonder if that isn't the intended purpose of the gun haters. If enough honest, law abiding people are killed by criminals because the law abiding citizens are using "safe guns" which fail. The gun haters will start crowing "SEE HOW DANGEROUS GUNS ARE IN THE HANDS OF CITIZENS"?

Almost 600 dead in accidents already. Clearly they are dangerous.

in a country with over 357,000,000 guns and only 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013........

2013...accidental car deaths...35,000

2013...drowning deaths....3,000

Keep the gun, stay out of cars and pools.

We have almost 600 more than any other civilized country. You don't value life.

And the civilized countries in Europe murdered 12 million unarmed, innocent men, women and children....excuse me if I don't hold them in much regard.....

You are going back to a very different time. That is nonsense.

Not a different time moron......it happened in a modern nation state, with great universities, a democratic form of government, modern sciences.......and then they decided to murder 12 million people......first...they made sure to take away their guns....then they murdered the men, women and children....simply because they didn't like them...they had committed no crime, they did not make war against the Germans........and they were murdered....

Just across our border....drug cartels and agents of the Mexican government are also murdering men, women and children....those innocent victims are also unarmed.......and the killing is starting to spill onto our side of the border.......

Genocide, mass murder and ethnic cleansing all begin with disarming the victims....

[

Yes garbage from lotts site. I'm asking you to link to a good study that doesn't involve Lott. You seem incapable of doing that.

put this in your banoid pipe and smoke it Brainless

http://garymauser.net/pdf/KatesMauserHJPP.pdf

The information in that study is great.........it refutes the idea that normal people kill each other in domestic situations......and it is a source for the fact that adult murderers have long criminal records...and are not just normal people who just lose it because dinner was late.....thanks for posting that....but it won't make brain see the light....

[

Yes garbage from lotts site. I'm asking you to link to a good study that doesn't involve Lott. You seem incapable of doing that.

put this in your banoid pipe and smoke it Brainless

http://garymauser.net/pdf/KatesMauserHJPP.pdf

Turtledude...you are why I keep debating brain.......because you posted the link to this study...I had to find a way to copy the info.....I couldn't get it to copy and paste...so I typed in 90% of adult murderers into the search line...and found this...

Thanks.......

JURIST - The Criminology of Firearms

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."

Throughout this essay I highlight dramatic recantations by criminologists who previously endorsed stringent gun control.

For example, Professor David Mustard has stated in an article [PDF] for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review:

When I started my research on guns [at the University of Chicago] in 1995, I passionately disliked firearms and fully accepted the conventional wisdom that increasing the gun-ownership rate would necessarily raise violent crime and accidental deaths. My views on this subject were formed primarily by media accounts of firearms, which unknowingly to me systematically emphasized the costs of firearms while virtually ignoring their benefits. I thought it obvious that passing laws that permitted law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons would create many problems. It is now over six years since I became convinced otherwise and concluded that shall issue laws — laws that require [gun carry permits] to be granted unless the applicant has a criminal record or a history of significant mental illness — reduce violent crime and have no impact on accidental deaths.

Actual research results — as opposed to unsupported opinions — pose a question embarrassed gun prohibitionists invariably try to evade: why ban guns to ordinary owners, i.e., people who never commit gun crimes? (This query does not at all impugn our laws against previously convicted felons having guns).

What if the child had died from drinking window cleaner thinking it was koolaid? Would we ban Windex?

Or does it all circle back around to bad parenting?

I like this quote from the actual research cited and linked to by Turtledude...

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother on Tuesday while she was driving in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It adds to a growing list of accidental shootings by toddlers.

Patrice Price, 26, was driving her security guard boyfriend’s car on Highway 175 when the 2-year-old fatally shot her in the back with a single bullet.

At least 69 children aged 17 and younger had picked up a gun and accidentally shot someone so far this year, according to data from gun control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety, issued before this latest tragedy. At least 265 kids were responsible for accidental shootings in 2015.

Yet Another Toddler Accidentally Shot And Killed His Mother

And your point?

-Geaux

"In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents"

What about homicide by firearm?

"In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents"

According to the CDC and the FBI...since the 1990s...those are going down, not up. Except for 2015....when obama released violent criminals....and supported the Ferguson effect...and the police just stopped being proactive.......up till then...our gun murder rate was going down...as more people owned and actually carried guns....

gunshot homicide is not a component of violent crime????

The precis of the report said that it saw no reduction in violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.
It never said anything about firearm-related homicides.

The precis of the report said that it saw no reduction in violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.
It never said anything about firearm-related homicides.

well if its a legal homicide my answer is SO WHAT. if its murder or manslaughter then it would be a violent crime wouldn't it be?

You trying to make Libtard Lemonade out of lemons

Good thing mommy had a gun to protect her

the 1,500,000 million Americans who use guns to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives would agree that guns save lives.......

Stupid mother bought into the NRA myth that she needs a gun to protect her from bad guys

No myth, but common sense. Being the victim of gun violence is acceptable risk to to have the rights associated with being an American citizen

-Geaux

[
No myth, but common sense. Being the victim of gun violence is acceptable risk to to have the rights associated with being an American citizen

-Geaux

lots of people around the world are victims of gun violence but don't have the rights of US citizens.

Prove it

ALL deaths are reported all self defense cases are not. The numbers are skewed to begin with.

It is your claim. You prove it. I am certain they get reported as they happen.

SOme cop responds to a call where a guy says he scared off a person breaking and entering with his gun. That story never makes it to the national wire.

Some kid accidentally shoots mommy and it's picked up by every major national news outlet

You have to be especially naive to think otherwise

Really? Because those stories do make the news.

Not the national news. It's not news unless someone gets killed.

Even you can't be so stupid to think that simply because something doesn't get national coverage that it didn't happen

I have seen many hit the national news and so have you.

How many is many and how does that relate to all of the instances that actually occurred?

It is your claim. You prove it. I am certain they get reported as they happen.

SOme cop responds to a call where a guy says he scared off a person breaking and entering with his gun. That story never makes it to the national wire.

Some kid accidentally shoots mommy and it's picked up by every major national news outlet

You have to be especially naive to think otherwise

Really? Because those stories do make the news.

Not the national news. It's not news unless someone gets killed.

Even you can't be so stupid to think that simply because something doesn't get national coverage that it didn't happen

Either he knows and is simply trolling...or he actually thinks that.....which one do you think it is...?

It is a fantasy. You have posted many defenses that didn't involve shooting yet made the news.
We all know that one can use a gun to stop a crime and not have to fire it.

So there are many times where there is no shooting at all even though a gun was used. Those instances do not make the news

Link to one without Lott to review. Pick one and stop whining.

I linked to over 15 and looking at the rest that Lott did would be informative since he is the resident expert in the field.....which is why you hate him so.....

You linked garbage from lotts site. Why are you scared to link a study that doesn't involve Lott?

moron.....I linked to 15 peer reviewed studies.......in addition to Lott...who is the expert in the field....

I guess you can't read......I posted a list of over 15 studies...15 were not done with Dr. Lott...the expert in the field.
Hey he said he wants a "good" study which means one that supports his position

Forum List

Back