🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Yo, What`s Good For The Goose Is Good For The Gander!!!

1stRambo

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2015
Conservatives target bust of Planned Parenthood founder
By ALAN FRAM

Aug. 26, 2015 6:29 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — Conservatives are demanding that a Smithsonian Institution art and history museum remove its bust of the founder of Planned Parenthood in their latest offensive against the organization.

But the National Portrait Gallery says it won't remove its bust of Margaret Sanger, an early leader of the birth control movement. It has been displayed since 2010.

Sanger, who died in 1966, also supported eugenics, a now-condemned effort to discourage reproduction by criminals and others with undesirable traits. Brent Bozell, chairman of the conservative group ForAmerica, and a group of black pastors say Sanger favored using eugenics to limit the population of blacks, a claim that some Republican lawmakers have echoed but for which the evidence is contested.

"It's one and the same," Bozell said Wednesday of Sanger's support for eugenics and her role in starting two organizations that eventually became Planned Parenthood. He said Sanger wanted to "sterilize out of existence the poor, the blacks."

The conservative push to remove Sanger's bust comes after anti-abortion activists have released eight videos showing secretly recorded conversations in which Planned Parenthood officials discuss how the organization sometimes provides fetal tissue to medical researchers. The videos have prompted investigations by several congressional committees and efforts by Republicans in Congress and several states to block government payments to the group.

Conservatives target bust of Planned Parenthood founder

"GTP"
4467275-a-goose-sitting-down-or-nesting-in-the-country-side-Stock-Photo.jpg

Abortion is a slippery slope. Being for small government I am pro choice but I shudder at being involved in that type of decision ever.

And its good we all hate eugenics now.

Birth control I love :)

Forum List

Back