You are unemployed and want a new job, under a Democratic president you have a better chance of getting one!

I am evidently dumb, so explain it to me in detail. One warning though, I only deal with facts, data, and statistics, meaning that "your IDEA" of how it works, won't work with me.
A surplus of federal jobs, regardless if it's contractors and/or employees, most definitely distorts the labor market and attracts individuals who may be more productive and/or innovative in private sector positions. This surplus can artificially reduce unemployment rates, lead to issues like underemployment, labor market distortion, and long-term job creation challenges, especially in the private sector.

Trump hasn't done anything significant or life-changing for the working class, the fact that you assert otherwise makes you the one who is full of it, not me. Trump is for Trump, his family, and his wealthy class interests (his rich buddies). This crap doesn't work:

You said you are 78 years old. You're older than my mother, who was born in 1947. My father is 83, born in the "silent generation", right before the post-war "baby boom" (I'm 51). You were born and raised in the golden age of the American economy, after WW2, when our country became the world's manufacturing hub, rebuilding Western Europe and Japan through its Marshal Plan. This was FDR's New Deal economy when 35% of the American workforce was unionized. They were "class conscious", fully aware of their importance to the nation's success, and had much more leverage (power).

My maternal grandfather migrated here with his family (my grandmother, mother, uncles), from Cuba, in 1961, with a few pesos in his pocket (about $20 bucks). He got a blue-collar job at Bertram Yachts in Miami, Florida, spraying yacht hull molds with fiberglass. He supported everyone in the family and in five years of working that job, he bought a house, cash, without a mortgage in Homestead, Florida (South - Miami Dade). The house had a large front yard, and backyard, with fruit trees (mangos, oranges, lemons, avocado). It's about a mile away from Bayfront Park and its beach. Those were different times.

The American "Middle Class" (i.e. Working Class), enjoyed the highest standard of living in the world. Our workforce was the "aristocracy of labor", the highest paid, with the most benefits. The average CEO of a large company made no more than 20 times the average salary. Big business was obligated to serve the country, it wasn't all about the "bottom line" or profits. Today the average Fortune 500 CEO makes 300 times the average salary in their company. Some CEOs make 1000 times more:

When workers are struggling to make ends meet, they work two jobs, with every adult in their family, even grandma, employed. The socioeconomic class that Trump is a member of, is laughing all the way to the bank, and they've been doing that since the 1980s, when our manufacturing base was gutted, workers lost their government protections to unionize and the economy devolved from manufacturing (MADE IN THE USA) into Wall Street and Finance (MADE IN CHINA). Tens of thousands of American factories closed down, and millions of jobs that were supporting families were lost.

You don't consider that obscene, because you lack class consciousness. You're completely bereft, ignorant, of how a capitalist-run market economy works and what is required for it to benefit everyone, not just the wealthy (6% of the population).

Capitalism rests on wage labor and when big-money capitalists, simply don't care in what condition their workers are living in, that hurts them in the long term, but unfortunately they're only interested in short-term profits. The now, not tomorrow. Well, we're now in 2024, at the "tomorrow" stage, when American workers are powerless (10% are unionized - 1/10th rather than the 35% - 1/3rd as in the 1950s and 60s) and struggling to survive. Under our current form of capitalism, the future doesn't look good for the American worker:

Trump isn't doing anything significant to address any of the above challenges. He's not a pro-working class populist, he's a master manipulator and unfortunately, most of the older generation and many gen-Xers as well, have fallen for his populist act. I fell for it in 2016 and voted for him, but I realized just a few months into his presidency that he wasn't going to "drain the swamp" or serve the interest of the working-class. He filled his administration with swamp people:

Goldman Sachs Executives & Wall Street Investors:

1. Gary Cohn - Former Director of the National Economic Council. Cohn was previously the President and COO of Goldman Sachs.​
  2. Steve Mnuchin - Secretary of the Treasury. Mnuchin worked at Goldman Sachs for 17 years before becoming a hedge fund manager and investor.​
  3. Dina Powell - Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategy. Powell was a partner at Goldman Sachs and led the firm’s Impact Investing business.​
  4. Steven Bannon - Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor. Bannon worked at Goldman Sachs as an investment banker before moving into media and politics.​
  5. Anthony Scaramucci - White House Communications Director (briefly). Scaramucci founded SkyBridge Capital, an investment firm, and also had connections to Goldman Sachs early in his career.​

Neoconservative War Hawks:

1. John Bolton - National Security Advisor. Bolton is known for his hawkish foreign policy positions, particularly on Iran and North Korea.​
  2. Mike Pompeo - Secretary of State and former Director of the CIA. Pompeo has taken hardline stances on Iran, China, and other foreign policy issues.​
  3. James "Mad Dog" Mattis - Secretary of Defense. Mattis is a retired Marine Corps general who resigned when Trump withdrew some American forces from Syria. He was pissed off.​
  4. H.R. McMaster - National Security Advisor. McMaster is a career military officer with a reputation for his strategic military thinking and his hawkish views on global threats.​
  5. Nikki Haley - U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations. War Hawk.​
  6. Elliott Abrams - Special Representative for Venezuela. Abrams is a veteran diplomat and foreign policy expert known for his hardline views and role in the Reagan administration.​
Trump is draining the swamp, yet fills his administration with swamp people? He's hoodwinked you.

Before you were a gleam in your parents' eyes I read (cover to cover + the footnotes) of more books on economics, and had more class conciousness then than you will probably ever have.

Before you were born, junior, I read The Rich & the Super Rich by Ferdinand Lundberg, The Power Elite by C.Wright Mills, Who Rules America by Eugene Domhoff, the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx, The State & Revolution by Lenin, and Mao's Little Red Book.

I was a member of a far left community organizing group in New York, and wrote articles for the newspaper we published. I attended both labor & ant-Vietnam War protests. When you were in daipers, I taught economics & geography in 3 colleges of the City University of New York.

All you are posting here is the same stuff I used to say decades ago, whan I was a leftist like you. What you, and many other like you, are missing is with all the pompous high-horse talk from Obama, Biden, and all the rest on the left, they havent given the working class a damn thing other than a lot of recessions (Obama 7, Biden 3), while we were all better off when Trump was president. During his time for 3/4 of a year, we had ZERO inflation, and only 1% for almost his whole time, including when he left office in 2021 (1.4%)

So you can kep right on parroting all those grandiose leftist talking points, but they sure won't be anything new to me. :biggrin:

PS - too bad CNN & MSNBC have very diligently had the GDP V-GRAPH well hidden from you. You could have gotten some real enlightenment from it.

1724639420517.png

Last edited:
Before you were a gleam in your parents' eyes I read (cover to cover + the footnotes) of more books on economics, and had more class conciousness then than you will probably ever have.

Before you were born, junior, I read The Rich & the Super Rich by Ferdinand Lundberg, The Power Elite by C.Wright Mills, Who Rules America by Eugene Domhoff, the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx, The State & Revolution by Lenin, and Mao's Little Red Book.

I was a member of a far left community organizing group in New York, and wrote articles for the newspaper we published. I attended both labor & ant-Vietnam War protests. When you were in daipers, I taught economics & geography in 3 colleges of the City University of New York.

All you are posting here is the same stuff I used to say decades ago, whan I was a leftist like you. What you, and many other like you, are missing is with all the pompous high-horse talk from Obama, Biden, and all the rest on the left, they havent given the working class a damn thing other than a lot of recessions (Obama 7, Biden 3), while we were all better off when Trump was president. During his time for 3/4 of a year, we had ZERO inflation, and only 1% for almost his whole time, including when he left office in 2021 (1.4%)

So you can kep right on parroting all those grandiose leftist talking points, but they sure won't be anything new to me. :biggrin:

PS - too bad CNN & MSNBC have the V-GRAPH well hidden from you. You could have gotten some real enlightenment from it.

Once a stupid commie, always a stupid commie.

Last edited:

PS - too bad CNN & MSNBC have the V-GRAPH well hidden from you. You could have gotten some real enlightenment from it.
You are either delusional or a great liar

Let me give you some FACTS

1990 Recession:

Did Reaganomics cause a recession?

The latter contributed to a recession from July 1981 to November 1982 during which unemployment rose to 9.7% and GDP fell by 1.9%. Additionally, income growth slowed for middle- and lower-class (2.4% to 1.8%) and rose for the upper-class (2.2% to 4.83%)

Who was responsible for the 2008 recession?

Though the 2008 crisis impacted the entire global financial system, it was caused by the subprime mortgage crisis in the United States. As a result, many of its major players were U.S. government officials and corporate leaders of U.S. financial institutions. It was George Bush Jr. that was in charge when that happened. Obama got them OUT of the recession!

The 1980 Recession was caused by Carter

This means that of the last 3 recessions, two were caused by Republican presidents.

As far as knowledge about recessions and economics, I have been a stock market analyst for 47 years and it has been my JOB to analyze the reasons why things happen and the solutions necessary (and that were done) to get out of recessions.

One last and general thing. All presidents and administrations make mistakes (human nature). As such, if you look for something done wrong by the president of the administration, you will always find something. What needs to be considered and evaluated is if the president and administration did more good than bad or otherwise. Statistics show that the Democratic administrations have done more good than bad, especially when compared to Republican administrations.

DemocratsvsRepublicanseconomically.jpg

Fact!

By the way, you have my deepest condolences for falling off the deep end (going from the left to THIS Far Right. It suggests your mind and common sense has failed you

1990 Recession:

The latter contributed to a recession from July 1981 to November 1982 during which unemployment rose to 9.7% and GDP fell by 1.9%. Additionally, income growth slowed for middle- and lower-class (2.4% to 1.8%) and rose for the upper-class (2.2% to 4.83%)

Though the 2008 crisis impacted the entire global financial system, it was caused by the subprime mortgage crisis in the United States. As a result, many of its major players were U.S. government officials and corporate leaders of U.S. financial institutions. It was George Bush Jr. that was in charge when that happened. Obama got them OUT of the recession!

This means that of the last 3 recessions, two were caused by Republican presidents.

As far as knowledge about recessions and economics, I have been a stock market analyst for 47 years and it has been my JOB to analyze the reasons why things happen and the solutions necessary (and that were done) to get out of recessions.

One last and general thing. All presidents and administrations make mistakes (human nature). As such, if you look for something done wrong by the president of the administration, you will always find something. What needs to be considered and evaluated is if the president and administration did more good than bad or otherwise. Statistics show that the Democratic administrations have done more good than bad, especially when compared to Republican administrations.

View attachment 1001560

Fact!

By the way, you have my deepest condolences for falling off the deep end (going from the left to THIS Far Right. It suggests your mind and common sense has failed you

The latter contributed to a recession from July 1981 to November 1982 during which unemployment rose to 9.7% and GDP fell by 1.9%.

The Fed had to raise rates, a lot, to kill the inflation Reagan inherited from Carter.

Who was responsible for the 2001 recession?

Obama got them OUT of the recession!

How?

1990 Recession:

View attachment 1001560

Fact!

Let's get up to date and relevant. :biggrin:

Of the last 11 recessions, by the last 3 presidents (2009-2024), over the last 15 years, 91% of them were Democrats.

Obama - 7
Trump - 1
Biden - 3

No charge for the tutoring.

Brookings knows more about this than you or I. I quoted them. If they made a mistake, harass them for it. I trust Brookings as being more knowledgeable about the details of this than anything you or I can dig up anywhere.

By the way, I have not seen you come up with any article that says that Trump had nothing to do with the bill being nixed. Where IS YOUR PROOF?

Here is what Trump said right after it was stated by the committee (which had both Republican and Democrat agreed-upon support) and which caused the House speaker to immediately-thereafter reject the proposal

Trump calls border bill ‘a Death Wish’ for Republican Party: ‘Don’t be STUPID!!!’

This was ALL Trump that caused this bill to fail.
Is Ukraine part of our borders?

Forum List

Back