You Forgot AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, Michelle. What About THAT Racism ?

So, apparently, you don't remedy it by not remedying it.

Well it has a certain supreme logic to it.

Affirmative Action helped Michelle Obama more as a woman than as a black

Two wrongs don't make a right, and Affirmative Action is both morally and pragmatically wrong.
They were much happier on the plantations, never heard no complaints then.
I don't know you well enough to know whether you're being sarcastic, but regardless: what happened on plantations generations ago isn't relevant to whether AA is morally/pragmatically wrong today.

AA proponents tend to think of it as "compensation" for past injustices. I reject that notion, but supposing we accept it for now, the clear implication is that blacks are being "paid back" and at some point will be owed no more restitution. The descendants of victims of American slaverowners will have been legally "made whole". Repaid in full. Brought to where they forfeit the right to declare any further grievance, as they have been wholly compensated. Modern white Americans will have repaid the moral debts incurred by their forefathers.

I don't know about you, but this notion seems perverse to me--that handouts, discriminatory preference, and political favours should be sufficient to remedy ancient moral debts. Even as an ideal it fails, to say nothing of its practical implications.

The actions of the majority are why AA was (and is) necessary.

What the hell is your deranged mind babbling out now ? How can it be necessary to victimize about 280 Million people.? And where do you get this "actions of the majority" from. The great majority of whites have nothing to do with discrimination. They are workers and students themselves.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and Affirmative Action is both morally and pragmatically wrong.
They were much happier on the plantations, never heard no complaints then.
I don't know you well enough to know whether you're being sarcastic, but regardless: what happened on plantations generations ago isn't relevant to whether AA is morally/pragmatically wrong today.

AA proponents tend to think of it as "compensation" for past injustices. I reject that notion, but supposing we accept it for now, the clear implication is that blacks are being "paid back" and at some point will be owed no more restitution. The descendants of victims of American slaverowners will have been legally "made whole". Repaid in full. Brought to where they forfeit the right to declare any further grievance, as they have been wholly compensated. Modern white Americans will have repaid the moral debts incurred by their forefathers.

I don't know about you, but this notion seems perverse to me--that handouts, discriminatory preference, and political favours should be sufficient to remedy ancient moral debts. Even as an ideal it fails, to say nothing of its practical implications.

The descendants of victims of American slaveowners and Jim Crow victims don't need to be repaid anything. They have not experiences the troubles of their ancestors. Quite the contrary, they have had college admission, college financial aid, joibs, job promotions, business loans, etc al handed to them on a silver platter, all their ungrateful, bratty, bitchy, mouthy lives, (at he expense of Whites)

On the other hand, today's Whites really HAVE suffered, because of affirmative action, and should be paid reparations to compensate them, for their losses, imposed by AA and its racist pushers.

AA proponents tend to think of it as "compensation" for past injustices. I reject that notion...
We've noticed because, Heavens Forbid!, that might just end up being unfair to your kind, who happily fucked everyone else for centuries but now finds anything like such an action abhorrent when the tables are turned and your race ends up on the wrong end of the shit stick.

On the other hand, today's Whites really HAVE suffered, because of affirmative action, and should be paid reparations to compensate them, for their losses, imposed by AA and its racist pushers.
LOL!!! Fuck, just go burn a cross and show those uppity ungrateful (for slavery) ******* what a great big whitey god of a man you are.

[...] I don't know about you, but this notion seems perverse to me--that handouts, discriminatory preference, and political favours should be sufficient to remedy ancient moral debts. Even as an ideal it fails, to say nothing of its practical implications.
I can tell that by the way you phrase it. Rather than seeing it as a way to remedy a social ill you have to characterise it as a moral debt, to which you feel no responsibility, after all you never owned slaves.

So maybe you'll answer. How is the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow and discrimination best dealt with?

Last edited:
How can it be necessary to victimize about 280 Million people.
More drama queen than all of Castro Street, combined. You are simply fucking irrational.
You're simply deep in denial, and full of shit. YOU KNOW you're in the wrong.
No, Whitey, I'm not wrong, you are simply old, bitter, and racist. Just a typical GOP voter, which we will soon wave goodbye to as we shovel back in the dirt where your kind belongs.

You don't "remedy" racial discrimination against a relatively small group of people, by replacing it with racial discrimination against a relatively much larger group of people.
How do you remedy it?
Pure fucking magic apparently because you can't be unfair to anyone just because for centuries you were unfair.
Nobody living today was unfair "for centuries" (or unfair at all, anytime)
Why do you say this stupid shit, when it's so obviously untrue?
I'm beginning to think you are just incredibly STUPID. OK, I'll spell it out for you. If a white person who was born in 1965, he is now 50 years old. His entire life has been AFTER the time of slavery and Jim Crow. He never played a part in either. And you're going to say this guy was "unfair for centuries" ? He has only lived for 1/2 of a century, and all that was AFTER Jim Crow and slavery. Got it now ? Sheeeesh.
geez.gif

More drama queen than all of Castro Street, combined. You are simply fucking irrational.
No, Whitey, I'm not wrong, you are simply old, bitter, and racist. Just a typical GOP voter, which we will soon wave goodbye to as we shovel back in the dirt where your kind belongs.
Yes Blackey, you're simply deep in denial, and full of shit. YOU KNOW you're in the wrong. Just a typical Democrat voter, which we will have already waved goodbye to, in the last election, as we shovel back in the dirt where your racist kind belongs.

You don't "remedy" racial discrimination against a relatively small group of people, by replacing it with racial discrimination against a relatively much larger group of people.
How do you remedy it?
Pure fucking magic apparently because you can't be unfair to anyone just because for centuries you were unfair.
Nobody living today was unfair "for centuries" (or unfair at all, anytime)
Why do you say this stupid shit, when it's so obviously untrue?
I'm beginning to think you are just incredibly STUPID. OK, I'll spell it out for you. If a white person who was born in 1965, he is now 50 years old. His entire life has been AFTER the time of slavery and Jim Crow. He never played a part in either. And you're going to say this guy was "unfair for centuries" ? He has only lived for 1/2 of a century, and all that was AFTER Jim Crow and slavery. Got it now ? Sheeeesh.
geez.gif
Whitey was unfair for centuries you dumbass. And that will be with us,..............................................wait for it,...............................................for centuries.

Yes Blackey, you're simply deep in denial, and full of shit. YOU KNOW you're in the wrong. Just a typical Democrat voter, which we will have already waved goodbye to, in the last election, as we shovel back in the dirt where your racist kind belongs.
I'm whitey you fucking dumbass.

AA proponents tend to think of it as "compensation" for past injustices. I reject that notion...
We've noticed because, Heavens Forbid!, that might just end up being unfair to your kind, who happily fucked everyone else for centuries but now finds anything like such an action abhorrent when the tables are turned and your race ends up on the wrong end of the shit stick.
IDIOT!! Nobody in the workforce today "fucked everyone else for centuries" They are all long past the time of that

And there should not be any shit stick, and that you think there should, shows what a slimeball, racist pig you are.

I'm whitey you fucking dumbass.
If you are, then you're even dumber that was first thought. Truly pitiful. Oh, hey. Maybe you're a masochist. Could that be it ? Want a beating ? Let me know when. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back