You gotta give Trump credit for being able to admit military defeat and go home

Who wanted more American soldiers to die when it became apparent Iraq had no WMD’s? How many people did you call ”soldier hating traitors” for wanting to bring them home?

Yet you gleefully now trust the intelligence agencies which got it wrong when it came to Iraq.

STFU

Don't blame the intelligence agnecies.

"But the Bush administration absolutely did engage in willful deception. Quite a bit of it, in fact. It’s one thing to simply repeat an intelligence assessment that is wrong, and quite another to take a disputed, credibly challenged intelligence assessment and state it as uncontested fact. That’s a lie, and senior Bush officials did it often. There’s no better example of this than the aluminum tubes.

Yes, Bush lied about Iraq: Why are we still arguing about this?

LOL My God you are stupid. Your very own link says that Bush lied because he believed the Intelligence Community assesment of Iraq and WMDs. Your own link PROVES that the IC got it wrong when it comes to WMDs in Iraq.

LOL you leftists are such morons. Here's a fucking idea why don't you slow down on the "I got you nows" and concentrate on facts.

It's a FACT that Bush and Congress got bad intel from the very same agencies that you guys 100% trust when it comes to Russia and the orange bastard.

LOL. You're confused. That was what they were disputing.

"This is a line of argumentation that Bush administration officials and Iraq war boosters have been clinging to ever since it became clear that U.S. troops would found no mobile biological weapons labs and no Mutual Admiration Society correspondence between Saddam and Osama. “We were wrong just like everyone else” isn’t a particularly compelling argument, though I suppose that if you’re responsible for one of the modern era’s most significant foreign policy disasters, “shared incompetence” is a more appealing excuse than “willful deception.”

They systematically lied us for over a year get us into the greatest strategic blunder in US history since Lee's failed assault on the Union forces at Gettysburg. Cost the lives of thousand of US service men and women, and countless Iraqis. Led tot he Iraq civil war and their new alignment with Iran. Not to mention spawning Al Qaeda in Iraq and eventually ISIS. No wonder the Bushes want to spread the blame around.

What the fuck are you talking about? It is 100% confirmed that Bush got bad intel. Okay yes he lied technically , but he didn't know it was a lie. He was told by the people who's job it was to determine whether Iraq had WMDs or not that they did. Congress got the EXACT same intel. That's why they agreed with Bush about going into Iraq.

The claim was that the intel community shouldn't be blamed for Bush's lie, and that's bullshit. They gave him faulty intel. As they do a lot more than you morons realize.
He absolutely knew it was a lie. This is on record. They lied about connections to Al-Qaeda, they lied about Iraq buying aluminum to make nuclear weapons. No intelligence report ever confirmed WMD’s in Iraq. They gave a weak “maybe” that Cheney and hos minions used to turn YOU into a warmongering zealot who called anyone opposed to the war a soldier hating traitor.

Yet you gleefully now trust the intelligence agencies which got it wrong when it came to Iraq.

STFU

"But the Bush administration absolutely did engage in willful deception. Quite a bit of it, in fact. It’s one thing to simply repeat an intelligence assessment that is wrong, and quite another to take a disputed, credibly challenged intelligence assessment and state it as uncontested fact. That’s a lie, and senior Bush officials did it often. There’s no better example of this than the aluminum tubes.

LOL My God you are stupid. Your very own link says that Bush lied because he believed the Intelligence Community assesment of Iraq and WMDs. Your own link PROVES that the IC got it wrong when it comes to WMDs in Iraq.

LOL you leftists are such morons. Here's a fucking idea why don't you slow down on the "I got you nows" and concentrate on facts.

It's a FACT that Bush and Congress got bad intel from the very same agencies that you guys 100% trust when it comes to Russia and the orange bastard.

"This is a line of argumentation that Bush administration officials and Iraq war boosters have been clinging to ever since it became clear that U.S. troops would found no mobile biological weapons labs and no Mutual Admiration Society correspondence between Saddam and Osama. “We were wrong just like everyone else” isn’t a particularly compelling argument, though I suppose that if you’re responsible for one of the modern era’s most significant foreign policy disasters, “shared incompetence” is a more appealing excuse than “willful deception.”

They systematically lied us for over a year get us into the greatest strategic blunder in US history since Lee's failed assault on the Union forces at Gettysburg. Cost the lives of thousand of US service men and women, and countless Iraqis. Led tot he Iraq civil war and their new alignment with Iran. Not to mention spawning Al Qaeda in Iraq and eventually ISIS. No wonder the Bushes want to spread the blame around.

What the fuck are you talking about? It is 100% confirmed that Bush got bad intel. Okay yes he lied technically , but he didn't know it was a lie. He was told by the people who's job it was to determine whether Iraq had WMDs or not that they did. Congress got the EXACT same intel. That's why they agreed with Bush about going into Iraq.

The claim was that the intel community shouldn't be blamed for Bush's lie, and that's bullshit. They gave him faulty intel. As they do a lot more than you morons realize.

Yup. Bush got the same intel every intelligence agency in the world got. they all thought he had WMD's. In fact he probably did. He just shipped it all to Syria.

Not Bush's fault if the intel was bad.
100% Bush’s fault. There was never any confirmation that Iraq had WMD’s, and the Dubya admin didn’t care.

When did Obama say he knew more than intelligence agencies and experts? Oops. Go fuck yourself, piece of inbred trash

Um at what point did I say Obama ever said such? IN fact I have actually said on this board that it was stupid of Trump to say " I know more about ISIS than the Generals"

You leftists who see things in pure black and white are such simpletons.
Your entire post in response to Trump claiming to know more than intelligence agencies was about Obama. Maybe you need a nap. Wake up with your head pulled out of your ass.

Can you just ever post like an adult? Ever? I mean a simple "Yes okay it's proven conclusively that the intelligence community was wrong about Iraq and gave Bush bad intel" would suffice

That's why you morons are such a joke. You can't ever tell the truth, about ANYTHING.
1 piece of bad intel does not mean a celebrity grifter knows more than our intelligence agencies. Had that intel gone to an administration that wasn’t desperate for war in Iraq, the next report may have negated it. Instead, it went to an administration that proclaimed countless lies that the intelligence community DID NOT corroborate, because they desperately wanted war, and so did their supporters.

Who cares, your claim that the IC didn't get it wrong about Iraq was wrong, but you aren't an honest enough person to admit it.
They didn’t get it wrong. They couldn’t prove it one way or the other. Dubya and his band of murderers and morons ran with the opportunity.

STFU

He absolutely knew it was a lie. This is on record. They lied about connections to Al-Qaeda, they lied about Iraq buying aluminum to make nuclear weapons. No intelligence report ever confirmed WMD’s in Iraq. They gave a weak “maybe” that Cheney and hos minions used to turn YOU into a warmongering zealot who called anyone opposed to the war a soldier hating traitor.

Holy shit you are stupid.

First, I am actually IN the Army, and I oppose war PERIOD. The fact that I am pointing out that you are wrong on so many things doesn't mean I am pro war.

Dumb shit.

Second, are you really claiming that Bush KNEW that the CIA was wrong about Iraq having WMDs and he decided to lie to the American people ? Do you have ANY evidence to support this? Of course you dont.

Um at what point did I say Obama ever said such? IN fact I have actually said on this board that it was stupid of Trump to say " I know more about ISIS than the Generals"

Your entire post in response to Trump claiming to know more than intelligence agencies was about Obama. Maybe you need a nap. Wake up with your head pulled out of your ass.

Can you just ever post like an adult? Ever? I mean a simple "Yes okay it's proven conclusively that the intelligence community was wrong about Iraq and gave Bush bad intel" would suffice

That's why you morons are such a joke. You can't ever tell the truth, about ANYTHING.
1 piece of bad intel does not mean a celebrity grifter knows more than our intelligence agencies. Had that intel gone to an administration that wasn’t desperate for war in Iraq, the next report may have negated it. Instead, it went to an administration that proclaimed countless lies that the intelligence community DID NOT corroborate, because they desperately wanted war, and so did their supporters.

Who cares, your claim that the IC didn't get it wrong about Iraq was wrong, but you aren't an honest enough person to admit it.
They didn’t get it wrong. They couldn’t prove it one way or the other. Dubya and his band of murderers and morons ran with the opportunity.

Of course they couldn't prove it either way . The CIA rarely states stuff as 100% fact, instead they rate stuff by confidence and they rated as highly confident that Iraq had WMDs. This was CONFIRMED by the commission that booboo or whatever linked to earlier in this thread. They absolutely positively told Bush and Congress that they were HIGHLY CONFIDENT that Iraq had WMDs

You are so pathetic that you cant even acknowledge this point of fact and follow it up with "But I disagree with how Bush responded to this intel" which would actually be a legitimate argument to make.

Do you leftists EVER care about actual facts? EVER?

When did Obama say he knew more than intelligence agencies and experts? Oops. Go fuck yourself, piece of inbred trash

Intelligence assessment are proven wrong sometimes. The problem is Bush and Cheney cherry pick ones that were not vetted or had been disputed during vetting.

Of course they couldn't prove it either way . The CIA rarely states stuff as 100% fact, instead they rate stuff by confidence and they rated as highly confident that Iraq had WMDs. This was CONFIRMED by the commission that booboo or whatever linked to earlier in this thread. They absolutely positively told Bush and Congress that they were HIGHLY CONFIDENT that Iraq had WMDs

You are so pathetic that you cant even acknowledge this point of fact and follow it up with "But I disagree with how Bush responded to this intel" which would actually be a legitimate argument to make.

You are a confirmed moroonie. You simply misread the article. Ask someone you trust to read it and explain it to you.

I have already said I disagree with how Dubya and his criminals handled the intelligence. His lust for invading Iraq was there long before, though. And after itnwas proven beyond doubt that Iraq had no WMD’s, republicans continued to lust for more soldier deaths for no reason in Iraq. Dubya and crew ignored any intelligence that contradicted WMD’s so they could do what they wanted. Sound familiar?

Intelligence assessment are proven wrong sometimes. The problem is Bush and Cheney cherry pick ones that were not vetted or had been disputed during vetting.
ALL intelligence assesments are disputed. ALWAYS . Well I mean of course occasionally things are known 100% , but that is very rare in the intel world, and that's why they rate the intel , but ALWAYS offer an opposing view from inside the agency. Because they always want the President to have a full a pictuer as possible and that includes dissenting opinion. The intel that Iraq had WMDs was rated as high confidence. President always trust intel that has high confidence.

This is why folks who don't know what they are talking about should just shut the fuck up

ALL intelligence assesments are disputed. ALWAYS . Well I mean of course occasionally things are known 100% , but that is very rare in the intel world, and that's why they rate the intel , but ALWAYS offer an opposing view from inside the agency. Because they always want the President to have a full a pictuer as possible and that includes dissenting opinion. The intel that Iraq had WMDs was rated as high confidence. President always trust intel that has high confidence.

This is why folks who don't know what they are talking about should just shut the fuck up
What did Iraq’s WMD’s or lack thereof have to do with Al Qaeda or 9/11? Oops. Dubya just really lusted for that war. We’d still be there now, if you had your way.

Yup. Bush got the same intel every intelligence agency in the world got. they all thought he had WMD's. In fact he probably did. He just shipped it all to Syria.

100% Bush’s fault. There was never any confirmation that Iraq had WMD’s, and the Dubya admin didn’t care.

Rice and Powell even said so in the summer of 2001. But the agenda was set and the facts were being fixed around the talking points with the help of a compliant media (yes that so called Liberal media) who wanted to be first in bed with the Military.

You are a confirmed moroonie. You simply misread the article. Ask someone you trust to read it and explain it to you.

No , you misread, it clearly states that the intel Bush relieved was wrong. That he DID get intel that Iraq had WMD. That you stupidly don't understand how intel is rated is immaterial.

What did Iraq’s WMD’s or lack thereof have to do with Al Qaeda or 9/11? Oops. Dubya just really lusted for that war. We’d still be there now, if you had your way.

We wouldn't have been there in the first place if it was up to me, you simpleton.

Rice and Powell even said so in the summer of 2001. But the agenda was set and the facts were being fixed around the talking points with the help of a compliant media (yes that so called Liberal media) who wanted to be first in bed with the Military.
Perhaps. I’m proud to have opposed the war back then. I supported taking out Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, but we should have gotten out of there 10 years or more ago.

We wouldn't have been there in the first place if it was up to me, you simpleton.
Who did you vote for in 2004?

Al Gore. I actually liked Bill Clinton as President, voted for him twice in fact and expected that Gore would be a third term of Clinton.

Oh , that just ruined your little "gotcha" moment didn't it? As I said, you are a simpleton.

Al Gore. I actually liked Bill Clinton as President, voted for him twice in fact and expected that Gore would be a third term of Clinton.

Oh , that just ruined your little "gotcha" moment didn't it? As I said, you are a simpleton.
I said 2004. Kerry or the moron. Who did you vote for?

I said 2004. Kerry or the moron. Who did you vote for?

Oh, my bad, I misread. I didn't get to vote in 2004. I was deployed at that time and the mission expectantly took longer than anticipated meaning I didn't absentee ballot b/c it wasn't expected, and I wasn't in an area where I could vote in person on election day.

I will tell you this though, no way I would have voted for John Kerry, I know that douche and he may be one of the most vile human beings to ever walk the planet.

That doesn't mean i would have voted for Bush, but I most certainly would not have voted for Kerry

Perhaps. I’m proud to have opposed the war back then. I supported taking out Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, but we should have gotten out of there 10 years or more ago.

I agree. I had no problem going after those who attacked us on 9-11 no matter where they were.

Even Pappa Bush knew enough not to invade and occupy Iraq.

By late 2001 you can tell by the radio addresses, the Bush Administration had already developed their talking points to morph the outrage we all felt after 9-11 into support for the invasion, overthrow and occupation of Iraq.

But the thing is, one can term Iraq a success. I was against it all along. And it always was about Nation Building. And as you say, we knew going in that Saddam no longer had any functioning weapons program, and the Iraqis had lost track of most of their own chem weapons. The war, loss of 4000 Americans, maiming of tens of thousands, and Iraqi casualties somewhere around the same figure as the Holocaust

But Iraq is more or less a functioning democracy. Before the invasion, Iran was more democratic. Iraq had their own ethnic cleansing, and as a result the old Army became dead or ISIS. And Iraq couldn't defend itself. And they didn't want the US military around either. And they still don't. Was it worth it? We may not know for 30 years or more.

And Trump was for it before he was against it. And it looks like he's come around to being for it again. No FLIP FLOPS for President Bone Spurs.

Forum List

Back