🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

You know who must "love" Trump the most?

The problem is that, with insane government spending, any tax increase can be viewed as a license to spend even more. If we were to impose structural limits on spending and debt, Conservatives would be a lot more open to discussing the revenue side of the equation.

Good point....and, of course, you're correct that any increased revenue to the federal coffers does not translate to using that revenue for important needs.

As an example, given the relatively low gasoline prices (there's a world glut) this may be an optimum time to raise the federal/state tax on such fuel.....BIT ONLY if indeed the additional revenue were limited to be spent on bridges, highways, ramps, ports, railways, etc.

We could have thousands of threads just on debating the taxation system (and the damn loophole written by those who benefit from the loopholes)....but this thread is just to address the interesting speculations on this rather unusual election season.

I am a heck of a lot more certain that Bush will be the GOP nominee, than I am sure of my own party's selection......and Trump's possible 3rd party run, makes this whole next year interesting as all hell.

.Be honest, and tell us WHEN any republican seriously....I repeat...SERIOUSLY, has brought the raising of ANY tax in the last couple of decades.
I didn't say Republican...I said conservatives.

Actually, I'm all for a wealth tax, it's a viable way to help reduce the debt and reduce the rampant inequality currently present, however, your fellow conservatives will disagree with you.
Not true! If we replaced the income tax with a wealth tax combined with a consumption tax most conservatives would support the idea.

Well, "true love" of Trump is a ctually a toss up between the Clinton camp and the Jeb Bush one.

Hillary Clinton, were her email-gate controversies subside, would trump, Trump...and that is more of an objective assessment than a partisan one.....and an assessment from a democrat who does NOT want Clinton to be the nominee.

But, who must love Trump even more is the Bush camp (or at least the smarter advisors that Jeb has surrounded himself with.).........WHY???

Actually a simple chess move for those who play the game should be obvious. What Trump is doing is stifling all other GOP candidates.....the only ones who could have given Jeb serious worries.......Walker, Rubio, Perry, Paul, and Kasich......are finding the Trump shadow too hard to find daylight.

Conversely, Bush has the money, name recognition and network t ooutlast everyone else but Trump......and when the match-up is between Bush and Trump for the nomination, the saner republicans have little choice left for them, abandon the silly rhetoric and demagoguery and vote for Bush as their nomineee.

Trump is an even bigger backlash against conventional politics than Obama was in 2008. He's the juggernaut for everything that everybody is tired of hearing and seeing.

Those jerks in the Senate and House should have paid better attention when they saw their approval rating dropping to 12%. It's almost mesmerizing to see arrogance "trumping" their arrogance, because it's not just about the GOP candidates, it's about ALL 535 of them.

Those jerks in the Senate and House should have paid better attention when they saw their approval rating dropping to 12%. It's almost mesmerizing to see arrogance "trumping" their arrogance, because it's not just about the GOP candidates, it's about ALL 535 of them.

You're being generous with 12%.....I believe I read a "whopping" 7% approval (and that's only because some have large families and lots of staffers.)....LOL

Unfortunately, the 2 terms have become synonymous....Long gone the days of Javitz, Rockefeller, Lindsay, etc
Says you...I'm a conservative and am about as far away from a republican one can get. I vote for them because to left is so fing crazy I just can't do that to my nation.

Well, "true love" of Trump is a ctually a toss up between the Clinton camp and the Jeb Bush one.

Hillary Clinton, were her email-gate controversies subside, would trump, Trump...and that is more of an objective assessment than a partisan one.....and an assessment from a democrat who does NOT want Clinton to be the nominee.

But, who must love Trump even more is the Bush camp (or at least the smarter advisors that Jeb has surrounded himself with.).........WHY???

Actually a simple chess move for those who play the game should be obvious. What Trump is doing is stifling all other GOP candidates.....the only ones who could have given Jeb serious worries.......Walker, Rubio, Perry, Paul, and Kasich......are finding the Trump shadow too hard to find daylight.

Conversely, Bush has the money, name recognition and network t ooutlast everyone else but Trump......and when the match-up is between Bush and Trump for the nomination, the saner republicans have little choice left for them, abandon the silly rhetoric and demagoguery and vote for Bush as their nomineee.
I can see this working, to an extent. But, you can't rule out lightning strikes. That is to say, Trump may just surprise the hell out of everyone. Shit happens. The fact that it's yet another Bush could be a severe liability. I don't know. :dunno:

It's the Pelosi's and Reid's and the political and media elite that are scared to death of a wealth tax. I wrote Di Fi and she hated the Idea. She hates it because she and her husband are set for life with non taxable huge holdings they will never be able to spend if they were to live another 150 years. That's where the greed is. Look at the wealthy so and so's that we have to get are news from. Pampered and well taken care of. That is why they are all so surprised by Trump's success. They are out of touch. Time to wake up folks!

Forum List

Back