Your favorite perfume/cologne...

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
Was just watching an episode of "How Do They Do It" talking about making perfume.

So what's your favorite smelly-good?

Mine: Amouage Gold Man. Very spicy, very musky. Also VERY expensive. Made in Oman, which is where I tried it. One small spritz from a mall shop tester bottle lasted two days and three showers. It's oil-based, not alcohol-based, so it soaks into the skin. 120 ingredients, including Rock Rose, Lily of the Valley, Silver Frankincense, Myrrh, Orris, Jasmine, Ambergris, Civet, Musk, Cedarwood, and Sandalwood.

Given the price, I've never purchased any. But it's still my favorite.

What I like that I CAN afford: Stetson. Good ol' workhorse Stetson. :)

Was just watching an episode of "How Do They Do It" talking about making perfume.

So what's your favorite smelly-good?

Mine: Amouage Gold Man. Very spicy, very musky. Also VERY expensive. Made in Oman, which is where I tried it. One small spritz from a mall shop tester bottle lasted two days and three showers. It's oil-based, not alcohol-based, so it soaks into the skin. 120 ingredients, including Rock Rose, Lily of the Valley, Silver Frankincense, Myrrh, Orris, Jasmine, Ambergris, Civet, Musk, Cedarwood, and Sandalwood.

Given the price, I've never purchased any. But it's still my favorite.

What I like that I CAN afford: Stetson. Good ol' workhorse Stetson. :)

I prefer my men without any fragrance. It conflicts with mine...:lol: Also I love to smell the scent of your body.

I wear 3 or 4 different scents, so I can smell myself all day. If I stay with only one, then I don't notice myself wafting though the rooms. I wear it every day and rotate them all and for different seasons.

Paris, YvesSaintLauren...very elegant. I l

Byzance ( this drives men nuts ) by Rochas ( this drives me nuts, too ) omg...smells so sensual.

L`air du Temps.....Nina Ricci ( women always tell me how "clean" or "fresh" something smells, in passing. :)

J'adore L'aire du Temps!

I also like Safari, Borghese, and Chanel 5.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
On men...soap. Nice clean body with no scent of perfume. On me? Nothing except scented body lotion. I don't do perfume any more. If it is scented lotion or creme for the skin, anything but citrus scents or vanilla. I'm just an old hippy at heart. I like jasmine, patchouli, rose and plumeria. Not all together, lol.

On men...soap. Nice clean body with no scent of perfume. On me? Nothing except scented body lotion. I don't do perfume any more. If it is scented lotion or creme for the skin, anything but citrus scents or vanilla. I'm just an old hippy at heart. I like jasmine, patchouli, rose and plumeria. Not all together, lol.

We just stopped being twins. :( I love citrus scent and vanilla.

I don't have a favorite. I like to switch from time to time and usually have about 10 different scents to choose from.

I don't like to put it on too heavy, but enough to make it pleasant for others when I walk by.

I like a little bit of scent on my hubby.....although he's not fond of putting on any, it takes him forever to finish a bottle of cologne he gets at Christmas.

i enjoy to many..... have to many, and dont wear them very often.

I enjoy the scent of my neutrogena body oil which i use ever day.

I am quite the fan of Jo Malone perfumes.... I prefer the citrus notes and the surgery notes. Grapefruit, Vetyver, Nectarine and Honey, Earl Grey & Cucumber, bitter orange and chocolate and lemon tart.

l'occitane's retired vanilla. A very pure single note Tahitian vanilla scent. I horde it since sadly its gone forever.

another one i adore, amazingly enough comes from a the St. George Spirits distillery. It was a failed batch of liqueur that they gave to a perfumery that they turned into a heavenly creation.... omg its wonderful. Its called cacao..... made from Scharffen Berger cacao shells, jasmine, and blood oranges. I love it for the bottle alone! (i know silly but i do)

Nancy Boys Signature scent is enough to make me swoon.... i was ever so happy when they came out with it in soap, shampoo, body wash...and body spray! The signature scent is mint, lavender and rosemary. [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] you should think about the ultimate save for a gift. :)

Ultimate Shave - Shaving Gifts

Ironically, just a brief whiff of the perfume Poison gives my wife a blinding headache.

She likes White Diamonds and Chanel No. 5. Both smell wonderful on her.

I am quite the fan of Jo Malone perfumes.... I prefer the citrus notes and the surgery notes. Grapefruit, Vetyver, Nectarine and Honey, Earl Grey & Cucumber, bitter orange and chocolate and lemon tart.

l'occitane's retired vanilla. A very pure single note Tahitian vanilla scent. I horde it since sadly its gone forever.

another one i adore, amazingly enough comes from a the St. George Spirits distillery. It was a failed batch of liqueur that they gave to a perfumery that they turned into a heavenly creation.... omg its wonderful. Its called cacao..... made from Scharffen Berger cacao shells, jasmine, and blood oranges. I love it for the bottle alone! (i know silly but i do)

Nancy Boys Signature scent is enough to make me swoon.... i was ever so happy when they came out with it in soap, shampoo, body wash...and body spray! The signature scent is mint, lavender and rosemary. [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] you should think about the ultimate save for a gift. :)

Thanks for the link....I'm definitely interested as my husband loves the after shave cream, and that's a pretty reasonable price for the set....sounds like something he would definitely go for. :) :)

Thanks for the link....I'm definitely interested as my husband loves the after shave cream, and that's a pretty reasonable price for the set....sounds like something he would definitely go for. :) :)

Just know, once you go this way....he will never go back to regular shaving stuff. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back