Your Favorite Things About Israel

Flowers bloom in the spring on a kibbutz near the Gaza Strip in Israel (Shutterstock).
You go free on this day, in the month of Abib.
Exodus 13:4 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

ha-YOM a-TEM yo-tz’-EEM b’-KHO-desh ha-a-VEEV

Springtime and the Rebirth of the Nation

Abib’ in Hebrew is Aviv (אביב), meaning ‘springtime.’ The Torah has already stated that the redemption from Egypt took place in the first month, the month of Nissan, which is in the springtime. Why is it necessary to state explicitly that in happened in the month of Aviv? Emphasizing that the redemption took place in the spring highlights Hashem’s love and compassion for His children. He made sure to free the Israelites and set them on their journey through the desert when the weather was most pleasant; not too hot, too cold or too rainy. Furthermore, as springtime symbolizes the rebirth of the land, there was no better time to experience the rebirth of the nation than the spring.

As Bar-Natan’s company grew, so did Heib’s business. He expanded his factory to three floors capable of producing millions of bandages a year. All 50 of his employees are women. “I know that if I didn’t have this factory here, these women would not be working,” Heib says. “Their kids would not have much.”

Arij Kabishi, a Druze woman in charge of quality control at Heib’s factory, is grateful for the work and proud of her role. “I feel like I personally took part in the creation of this,” she says, “and [in] saving lives.”

Bar-Natan’s bandage has been a success. Today, the Australian military, the New Zealand military and most NATO countries have adopted it. It’s also standard issue for the IDF and US and British armies. In addition, it is used by emergency responders and in hospitals around the world.

(full article online)

United colors of bandages: Israel’s secret sauce

70 years on the road I'm traveling and looking
At what was and what will
And how my soul is still this nation
From catching the sunrise
From Jerusalem with its palaces
From the beaches of the Kinneret
From the parties of Tel Aviv
My father dreamed and prayed
To live in the Land of Israel
Today my children ask me
What is the story of Israel?
This is my home This is my heart
And I will not leave
Our ancestors, our roots
We are the flowers, the melodies
A tribe of brothers and sisters

(cannot post video - go here for the video )

04/22 Links Pt2: Collier: Why the mainstream is to blame for the antisemitism crisis; Pipes: More Academic Malfeasance; What is Medgar Evers College thinking by honoring Al Sharpton? ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

12.-Prof.-Yosef-Garfinkel-with-ancient-shrine-640x400.jpg

Yosef Garfinkel with a shrine model made of stone, found at Khirbet Qeiyafa (Courtesy of Hebrew University of Jerusalem)

Archaeologist: Thick wall found at Lachish indicates King Solomon’s son built it

An IDF Soldier stands at the Western Wall with the flag of Israel (Shutterstock).

When they heard how I was sighing, There was none to comfort me; All my foes heard of my plight and exulted. For it is Your doing:
You have brought on the day that You threatened. Oh, let them become like me!

Lamentations 1:21 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

sha-m’-U KEE ne-e-na-KHAH A-nee AYN m’-na-KHAYM LEE kol o-y’-VAI sha-m’-U
ra-a-TEE SA-su KEE a-TAH a-SEE-ta hay-VAY-ta yom ka-RA-ta v’-yih-YU kha-MO-nee

The Importance of A Secure Refuge in the
Ancestral Land

The prophet Yirmiyahu captures the sense of utter loneliness that prevailed after the destruction of Yerushalayim and the exile of the people. He describes their feeling that there was no one to stand by their side or to provide any sort of comfort in their time of need. Over many centuries of exile, Jews repeatedly experienced this same sense of abandonment. For example, over two and a half millennia following the destruction of Yerushalayim in Yirmiyahu’s time, acs Hitler’s persecution mounted in the late 1930’s, many Jews desired to flee from Europe. Unfortunately, though, not a single country was willing to absorb Jewish refugees. In July of 1938, delegates from over thirty countries met in Évian-les-Bains, France, to discuss the refugee crisis. Despite many sympathetic speeches for the tragic plight of the Jews, no country was willing to significantly change their immigration quota to admit additional Jewish refugees. As this verse bemoans, the entire world had closed their doors to the Jewish people, abandoning them in their time of need. With the establishment of the State of Israel, however, the Jewish people now have a home. Never again will they be left alone with no one to protect and comfort them. As Rabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik writes in his essay Kol Dodi Dofek, ‘The Voice of my Beloved Knocks,’ “A Jew who flees from a hostile country now knows that he can find a secure refuge in the land of his ancestors… Jews who have been uprooted from their homes can find lodging in the Holy Land.”

Sagiv Cohen - Shirat HaYam (The Song of the Sea)

"On that day Hashem saved Israel from the hand of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians dying on the seashore. And Israel saw the great hand, which Hashem had used upon the Egyptians, and the people feared Hashem, and they believed in Hashem and in Moses, His servant.

Then Moses and the children of Israel sang this song to Hashem..." (Shemot 14-15)

I dont know much about Israel except that apparently they dont allow their children to be murdered in gun free zones.

Forum List

Back