🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

You're Gonna Starve to Death! Trey Gowdy Dismantles Professor Charles Tiefer

Oh the irony!

You accuse me of deflecting and then you deflect with what you believe is an ad hominem about Jake.
:lol:

For a Congressman that behavior was extreme and uncalled for. All that was needed was a simple civil question asking the Professor as to how he would characterize the language in the email. Instead we see a tirade of leading questions that can best be classified as "hostile". The Professor was not accused of any crime but he was being mistreated by the Congressman as if he had.

So there is no way to justify this uncouth display of bad manners. If this makes it into the MSM moderate voters will have yet another reason to reconsider their support for the GOP in November.

Yeah, that's what happens when you only read one half of my post.

And what if he were a Democrat grilling a Republican in such a fashion? I love how folks like you suddenly know how a Congressman should do his job when there's a poor, oh-so-helpless Democrat being melted into his chair.

All he wanted was a yes or no answer. Not a synopsis. I would get hostile too if someone couldn't answer with a yes or no, to a yes or no question. Manners? Really? You must be joking. Where were the 'manners' when the IRS chose to single out conservative groups? Where were the manners when Lois Lerner chose to refer to conservatives as 'assholes', 'crazies' and 'terrorists?' Where were the manners during the government shutdown last year, when Democrats referred to Republicans as 'arsonists?'

Please. Your argument is nothing but a red herring.

Your comprehension of what constitutes a red herring leaves a lot to be desired.

The topic in your OP is the unprofessional treatment of a respected member of the public by an extreme rightwing Congressman. The political fallout (since this is the Politics forum) is a legitimate direction to take based upon how that appalling tirade will be perceived by moderate voters.

If you don't want to deal with the political consequences ask one of the mods to move your thread to Current Affairs or General Discussion instead. But you chose this forum so politics are most definitely on the table. As CK mentioned in the Rules for this forum "choose wisely" when picking titles and OPs.

Why do you claim your dope is respected?

Oh the irony!

You accuse me of deflecting and then you deflect with what you believe is an ad hominem about Jake.
:lol:

For a Congressman that behavior was extreme and uncalled for. All that was needed was a simple civil question asking the Professor as to how he would characterize the language in the email. Instead we see a tirade of leading questions that can best be classified as "hostile". The Professor was not accused of any crime but he was being mistreated by the Congressman as if he had.

So there is no way to justify this uncouth display of bad manners. If this makes it into the MSM moderate voters will have yet another reason to reconsider their support for the GOP in November.

And what if he were a Democrat grilling a Republican in such a fashion? I love how folks like you suddenly know how a Congressman should do his job when there's a poor, oh-so-helpless Democrat being melted into his chair.

All he wanted was a yes or no answer. Not a synopsis. I would get hostile too if someone couldn't answer with a yes or no, to a yes or no question. Manners? Really? You must be joking. Where were the 'manners' when the IRS chose to single out conservative groups? Where were the manners when Lois Lerner chose to refer to conservatives as 'assholes', 'crazies' and 'terrorists?' Where were the manners during the government shutdown last year, when Democrats referred to Republicans as 'arsonists?'

Your comprehension of what constitutes a red herring leaves a lot to be desired.

The topic in your OP is the unprofessional treatment of a respected member of the public by an extreme rightwing Congressman. The political fallout (since this is the Politics forum) is a legitimate direction to take based upon how that appalling tirade will be perceived by moderate voters.

If you don't want to deal with the political consequences ask one of the mods to move your thread to Current Affairs or General Discussion instead. But you chose this forum so politics are most definitely on the table. As CK mentioned in the Rules for this forum "choose wisely" when picking titles and OPs.

Your propensity to erect strawmen en masse is truly mindblowing.

In reference to the bolded: are you threatening me? Oh, so you're doing that again. Sorry, you aren't derailing this thread either. Funny how you lecture me on the rules when you can't even debate me honestly. You chose me as an opponent, you chose unwisely.

Now it is time to /unsubscribe. That is unless you have something to add that manages to be intelligent.

Anywho, as Derideo is so fond of mentioning manners and decorum by elected officials, here a big show of manners by Nancy Pelosi towards Republican Representative Tim Marino during his speech on the border bill:

Rep Tom Marino Border Bill Minority Leader Pelosi | Video | C-SPAN.org

:dig:

Yet another unwarranted attack by the extreme right. You aren't doing yourself any favors here!

You aren't doing yourself any favors by trolling my thread. Remember Deri, MANNERS!

:eusa_boohoo:

USMB nutters love them some grandstanding politicians wasting taxpayer dollars and trying to bully someone who has to kiss their ass in a hearing room.

Oh, you don't mind when Obama says stuff like

"I don't do photo-ops" yet goes all around America campaigning and doing photo-ops in an acute case of grandstanding.

He's not campaigning. He doesn't have anything to campaign for unless you don't know that presidents only get two terms.

Unfortunately he is doing what all of Washington does 85% of the time, attend and speak at fundraisers. That's why not a fucking thing is getting done in Congress. All these assholes do is spend all of their time making sure they will get reelected. Both sides of the aisles.

It's how Nancy Pelosi became SOTH.

I'm disappointed that Obama hasn't told them all to just handle it themselves. He has nothing to gain from it. Once he's out of office his memoirs and speaking circuit will make him a mega-millionaire that will make the Clintons look middle class.

Last edited:
USMB nutters love them some grandstanding politicians wasting taxpayer dollars and trying to bully someone who has to kiss their ass in a hearing room.

Oh, you don't mind when Obama says stuff like

"I don't do photo-ops" yet goes all around America campaigning and doing photo-ops in an acute case of grandstanding.

He's not campaigning. He doesn't have anything to campaign for unless you don't know that presidents only get two terms.

Unfortunately he is doing what all of Washington does 85% of the time, attend and speak at fundraisers. That's why not a fucking thing is getting done in Congress. All these assholes do is spend all of their time making sure they will get reelected. Both sides of the aisles.

It's how Nancy Pelosi became SOTH.

I'm disappointed that Obama hasn't told them all to just handle it themselves. He has nothing to gain from it. Once he's out of office his memoirs and speaking circuit will make him a mega-millionaire that will make the Clintons look middle class.

How utterly clueless. What Obama does now has an effect on his party later. Simple cause and effect!

In reference to the bolded: are you threatening me? Oh, so you're doing that again. Sorry, you aren't derailing this thread either. Funny how you lecture me on the rules when you can't even debate me honestly. You chose me as an opponent, you chose unwisely.

Now it is time to /unsubscribe. That is unless you have something to add that manages to be intelligent.

You? An opponent? You are a joke.

"You chose unwisely"............................what a tool!

Seriously?

Now you are imagining that there is some kind of "threat" in my exposing the fallacy of your "red herring" nonsense? And you foolishly compound that mistake with a strawman allegation?

Your OP has been exposed for what it actually is, boorish behavior by the extreme right in Congress. If all you wanted was a bunch of like minded cheerleaders to pat your on the back and say what a great OP that was then you are on the wrong message board.

You haven't been able to refute anything that I have posted so I suggest that you take your whine about "derailing your thread" to the mods and let them decide if I am off topic.

My point still stands that the brow beating of Professor Tiefer by the extreme right in Congress will not be acceptable to moderate voters like myself. The American people expect more of their Representatives than was displayed in that tirade. Your only hope is that this won't make it onto the MSM but the more this circulates amongst the extreme right on the internet the greater the likelihood it will garner the attention of the MSM.

Anywho, as Derideo is so fond of mentioning manners and decorum by elected officials, here a big show of manners by Nancy Pelosi towards Republican Representative Tim Marino during his speech on the border bill:

Rep Tom Marino Border Bill Minority Leader Pelosi | Video | C-SPAN.org

Yet another unwarranted attack by the extreme right. You aren't doing yourself any favors here!

You aren't doing yourself any favors by trolling my thread. Remember Deri, MANNERS!

Do you accuse everyone who exposes your OP of "trolling" or is this your idea of what constitutes an "intelligent" response?

Just asking...:eusa_whistle:

Do you accuse everyone who exposes your OP of "trolling" or is this your idea of what constitutes an "intelligent" response?

No. Just people who talk about 'manners' instead of the issue the thread is actually about.

No. Just people who talk about 'manners' instead of the issue the thread is actually about.

Now the onus is on you to explain what "the issue the thread is actually about".

:popcorn:

Strange how there is not a single mention of this on FoxNews, MSNBC or CNN.

It is all over the extreme rightwing blogosphere but none of the MSM outlets are carrying this shameful theater of the absurd. Perhaps that is just as well because if they did the opinion of the extreme right and the GOP would only sink even further amongst the center moderates like myself.

Nice deflection, but no.

Your crystal ball is busted Deri. And what does it matter if the media doesn't report this stuff? People make the mistake of thinking they are credible if they get talked about by the media. Anywho, that was a nice JakeStarkey impression.

Isn't it strange that when someone like you disagrees with an opinion or behavior, it gets dismissed as 'extreme?' Isn't it strange that people don't care about something bad until it happens to them? All Tiefer had to do was give a straight answer.

Oh well.

not as strange as people making a mountain out of a molehill ... but it takes all types.... the molehillers have lost back to back presidential elections if that tells you anything ?
You sound very much like a Nixon hack on the 15-minute gap on his tapes. I am sure you are either too young or to ill-informed to know, otherwise you wouldn't be making such idiotic comments.

Seriously?

Now you are imagining that there is some kind of "threat" in my exposing the fallacy of your "red herring" nonsense? And you foolishly compound that mistake with a strawman allegation?

Your OP has been exposed for what it actually is, boorish behavior by the extreme right in Congress. If all you wanted was a bunch of like minded cheerleaders to pat your on the back and say what a great OP that was then you are on the wrong message board.

You haven't been able to refute anything that I have posted so I suggest that you take your whine about "derailing your thread" to the mods and let them decide if I am off topic.

My point still stands that the brow beating of Professor Tiefer by the extreme right in Congress will not be acceptable to moderate voters like myself. The American people expect more of their Representatives than was displayed in that tirade. Your only hope is that this won't make it onto the MSM but the more this circulates amongst the extreme right on the internet the greater the likelihood it will garner the attention of the MSM.

My thread was never exposed. And least of all not by you.

You have this ivory tower complex that somehow convinces you that if you say it's exposed, it's exposed. If you say your point stands, it stands. You accuse Gowdy of having no manners, and thus, only you think he has no manners. You seem to think you are a god whose words are law. In reality your positions here are nothing but Argumentum ad baculum.

And yes, I haven't refuted any of your strawmen, that is correct, Deri. That is all your argument was. Not to mention the loads of circumstantial ad hominem you dumped on me. I could frankly care less 'what is acceptable to moderate voters' like yourself. Because in all reality, you are far from being a moderate.

There is one other thing I would like to know:

What makes you think Charles Tiefer is "Distinguished" or "Respected?"

Last edited:

Seriously?

Bullshit. I doubt that you are a moderate. You smell like a bed wetter and cry like one.

Now the onus is on you to explain what "the issue the thread is actually about".

:popcorn:

You are responsible for your own education.

If you don't know the issue after watching the video and reading the transcript, you might be a libtard.

Deri, you could care less that our government is (or was) victimizing people based on their political ideologies. When you're actually doing your job up there in Washington, like Gowdy was, you will naturally become enraged that your constituents, your fellow Americans are being abused by the government they are supposed to be trusting.

You speak of 'manners' while ignoring the reason why Gowdy did what he did. The bigger picture here is that our government is abusive, malcontent. What Democrat will you see there showing any kind of emotion such as his there?

That really sums it up nicely. Trey Gowdy is sort of like a pale, skinny Ted Cruz: Just full of himself and sociopathically seeking recognition and fame. Litigators are frustrated actors too ugly to make it in Hollywood.

Deri, you could care less that our government is (or was) victimizing people based on their political ideologies. When you're actually doing your job up there in Washington, like Gowdy was, you will naturally become enraged that your constituents, your fellow Americans are being abused by the government they are supposed to be trusting.

You speak of 'manners' while ignoring the reason why Gowdy did what he did. The bigger picture here is that our government is abusive, malcontent. What Democrat will you see there showing any kind of emotion such as his there?

How many conservative groups seeking 401(c)(k) status have been denied, Drama Queen?

You speak as though night riders have swarmed in on these poor Tea Baggers and burned down their houses.

This is why this whole "scandal" is such bullshit.

Last edited:

Seriously?

My thread was never exposed. And least of all not by you.

You have this ivory tower complex that somehow convinces you that if you say it's exposed, it's exposed. If you say your point stands, it stands. You accuse Gowdy of having no manners, and thus, only you think he has no manners. You seem to think you are a god whose words are law. In reality your positions here are nothing but Argumentum ad baculum.

And yes, I haven't refuted any of your strawmen, that is correct, Deri. That is all your argument was. Not to mention the loads of circumstantial ad hominem you dumped on me. I could frankly care less 'what is acceptable to moderate voters' like yourself. Because in all reality, you are far from being a moderate.

There is one other thing I would like to know:

Good of you to admit to your own failures. That is the first step towards finding a solution. :D

Let me just remind you of how this debate stuff works. You present your OP and I respond with how it will be perceived by moderate Independents like myself. You are then obliged to provide counter arguments proving that position is incorrect with reasons and logic to back that up. So far you have failed to provide even a shred of any counter argument which means that my position still holds the floor unchallenged.

Next we come to the topic called "doing your homework first". You asked this question;

Unlike you I did a Google search and discovered that Professor Tiefer graduated from Columbia and went to Harvard Law school. He served as deputy general counsel for the House of Representative for 11 years. He has a very distinguished career.

Now you could have done the same thing yourself but instead you choose to ask questions that expose your own ignorance.

Trey Gowdy is awesome! Typical of the Washington Democratic Party establishment to narcassistically assume that they can get by with this, and Holder can get by with this by applying double standards. How can anyone vote Democrat after the scandals and lies?

Forum List

Back