You're ridiculous if you think we gave into Kim and got nothing out of it.

Because they are military training exercises with a close ally. Who wants us to stop them? China, North Korea and Russia. Russia is calling in their Trump markers.

The exercises are unnecessary and could be done somewhere else if they weren't. It's done purely for provocation and intimidation. I'm kind of amazed to see the left arguing to continue U.S shows of force around the world. Trump has turned some of you on your heads.

They are defensive exercises.

They are unnecessary and are only done to provoke and intimidate. Kim's Vietnam era military would easily be trampled by our 2018 airforce and navy. I doubt we'd even need to put troops on the ground. After we killed Kim and severely wounded his military the rest of North Korea would surrender. You make it sound like it's a vital part of defending ourselves from North Korea. What a joke; get real dude.

Odd. I’ve been told by more than one Trombie that the ONLY reason Kim agreed to the meeting is because Trump threatened to turn his country into a nuclear test site. Trump forced him to the table.

I take it you don’t adhere to that philosophy?

Kim is being agreeable because China is getting tired of his shit and he knows he'll be out of options if he loses his support from China. I didn't vote for Trump, nor will I in 2020. It's bad practice to make assumptions about people based on the limited scope of your disagreement with them.

I don’t care if you voted for Trump or not. You are carrrying his water now. If you were able to grasp it, you’d be embarrassed.

I asked earlier. What evidence do we have that Trump can maintain a healthy relationship with anyone or any entity?

You are trying to credit him with being a force for peace. He will happily slaughter every North Korean citizen and alllow the slaughter of South Korean citizens if it earns him adulation from Trombies. His only concern is himself.

That you, a supposed free thinker with a brain in your head cannot see this, is a conundrum.

The exercises are unnecessary and could be done somewhere else if they weren't. It's done purely for provocation and intimidation. I'm kind of amazed to see the left arguing to continue U.S shows of force around the world. Trump has turned some of you on your heads.

They are unnecessary and are only done to provoke and intimidate. Kim's Vietnam era military would easily be trampled by our 2018 airforce and navy. I doubt we'd even need to put troops on the ground. After we killed Kim and severely wounded his military the rest of North Korea would surrender. You make it sound like it's a vital part of defending ourselves from North Korea. What a joke; get real dude.

Odd. I’ve been told by more than one Trombie that the ONLY reason Kim agreed to the meeting is because Trump threatened to turn his country into a nuclear test site. Trump forced him to the table.

Kim is being agreeable because China is getting tired of his shit and he knows he'll be out of options if he loses his support from China. I didn't vote for Trump, nor will I in 2020. It's bad practice to make assumptions about people based on the limited scope of your disagreement with them.

I don’t care if you voted for Trump or not. You are carrrying his water now. If you were able to grasp it, you’d be embarrassed.

I asked earlier. What evidence do we have that Trump can maintain a healthy relationship with anyone or any entity?

You are trying to credit him with being a force for peace. He will happily slaughter every North Korean citizen and alllow the slaughter of South Korean citizens if it earns him adulation from Trombies. His only concern is himself.

That you, a supposed free thinker with a brain in your head cannot see this, is a conundrum.

I have no illusions when it comes to Trump being a selfish asshole. I don't care about his motivation behind achieving a good thing. I'm sure it's all about his ego and his legacy; I don't care though. We're making diplomatic progress with North Korea. I'll be critical of Trump the next time he's doing something stupid, but right now he's doing something good, or trying to at least.

Everybody just shut the fuck up and see what happens. Holy shit!

We can't! Trump just gave the farm to North Korea! IT'S A DISASTER!!!

This is a huge win for Trump, the left have no defense other than to spin it negative which makes them look even more petty and sour puss.

I consider myself mostly left wing. I've never been more disappointed by their reaction to good news.

Would it hurt Dem's to give Trump credit at least for trying to broker peace on the Korean peninsula? I mean goddamn what does the man have to do to please Dem's, maybe its impossible.

If I thought he wanted peace any more than he wants war I'd be more likely to be generous. The man is interested in only one thing. Himself.

If Kim insults him tomorrow or if Trump doesn't feel appreciated enough, his desire for peace will evaporate. And...a guy who wants peace does not
pull out of the Iran deal or hire a guy like Bolton.

Please. Think.
:eusa_hand:

These are all one-sentence posts because its so hard to get real information, isn't it? People used to say lee myung bak was an ideological president preventing unification talks. For fun, Trump supports North Korea and China support South Korea and we will have a pre-nuclear war! The United States is the most positively viewed foreign country in South Korea in polls. So, I guess that's what 2000 year old neighbors buys you. North Korea isn't a nice place , a Korean told me. Another said , who knows whats there. I include whats fitting. We've done bad things in South Korea, we supported military dictators in South Korea for 30 years, because all we cared about was a buffer and not democracy. South Korea is basically Liberia in the school system its like, hey remember that place if somebody asked something happened over there, right? in fact we're really involved in Asian politics though. I have no idea about Trump meeting Kim Jung Un. We already know it accomplishes exactly nothing, the insular Korean dictator will assume some meaning completely different from any communication, and just pointless. The question at least now isn't if the Soviet Union will stop taking zones, not necessarily communism, we should figure out what Koreans who lost 7 million people in the Korean War are looking to do. I register but don't understand a Korean mindset about how America leads this role. They like to say that and then they do the same thing with Japan. I mean what do we owe Korea about politics, not a single American, Congress wasn't even notified there was a war, the president called a police action with existing troop numbers I think, the average American has 0 commitment and ideology and responsibility in that information. America wasn't Japan's colonialism at any time, we don't owe an outlook on anything. Somehow if it was just the two Koreas and the world stayed out of it, they'd have peace by now, you see it a lot, and good luck, right? I don't see it, that Korean anti-foreign outlook is crazy. Mostly Pepsi is doing it, though.

Last edited:

I have no illusions when it comes to Trump being a selfish asshole. I don't care about his motivation behind achieving a good thing. I'm sure it's all about his ego and his legacy; I don't care though. We're making diplomatic progress with North Korea. I'll be critical of Trump the next time he's doing something stupid, but right now he's doing something good, or trying to at least.

Let’s test that theory.

Did Trump do or say anything that was stupid while he was in Singapore?

Let’s test that theory.

Trump managed to get Kim to agree to disarm in a face to face encounter. No matter how much you minimize it the recent diplomacy with North Korea is both unprecedented and promising. Could we end up disappointed? Of course, there's no telling how everybody will feel a year from now. I'm hopeful for the best though, and you should be too. I think with China losing patience with North Korea we can really cross our fingers this time.

Let’s test that theory.

Trump managed to get Kim to agree to disarm in a face to face encounter. No matter how much you minimize it the recent diplomacy with North Korea is both unprecedented and promising. Could we end up disappointed? Of course, there's no telling how everybody will feel a year from now. I'm hopeful for the best though, and you should be too. I think with China losing patience with North Korea we can really cross our fingers this time.

Listen. This is getting boring. The inferences that you and some others make regarding the motives of people who see Trump for what he is are tiresome.

I am a person who wants all nuclear weapons to be destroyed. If the years long process of getting NK to abandon its nuclear program was begun this week, we will all benefit...I suppose. The idea that previous presidents didn’t have that goal as well...along with more sincere motives...is bullshit.

Trump has declared that NK is no longer a nuclear threat. Why would he say something so obviously false? Who is he speaking to?

Sane and thoughtful people know that this week’s events were little more than theater. When we point that out it IS NOT rooting for peace initiatives to fail.

And again. We HAD a deal with Iran. A good deal. And this same guy fucked it for no reason other than his need to screw with Obama. Period.

I am a person who wants all nuclear weapons to be destroyed. If the years long process of getting NK to abandon its nuclear program was begun this week, we will all benefit...I suppose.

Agreed.

The idea that previous presidents didn’t have that goal as well...along with more sincere motives...is bullshit.

I don't think Trump has superpowers. Hell I don't even think he's a good person. Maybe the timing was right, or maybe a willingness to meet face to face went a long way. It was probably rather insulting to North Korea that we weren't willing to address them as a legitimate nation. Does Trump deserve complete credit if this ends in North Korea doing what they said they'd do? No, not even close. Does he deserve some credit for doing his part and trying to make a good thing happen? Yes, absolutely.

Trump has declared that NK is no longer a nuclear threat. Why would he say something so obviously false? Who is he speaking to?

He's getting ahead of himself; he does that a lot. Maybe he wants to keep saying it so Kim feels more compelled to keep his promise? I don't know.

Sane and thoughtful people know that this week’s events were little more than theater. When we point that out it IS NOT rooting for peace initiatives to fail.

I think it's more significant than you want to admit/believe. I honestly believe it's going to work this time.

And again. We HAD a deal with Iran. A good deal. And this same guy fucked it for no reason other than his need to screw with Obama. Period.

I didn't have an issue with the Iran deal. That was definitely a move to appease his base.

he legitimized the regime of a murdering dictator

Whether you like it or not Kim's regime is already legitimate. They run a country and have nuclear capability. There's nothing wrong with conducting normal diplomacy in efforts in improve relations.

cancelled military exercises without notifying our allies in the region

Oh, that motherfucker. No notice on temporarily ending our childish show of force in the Korean Peninsula? He's basically Satan.

and licked the ass of th aforesaid murdering dictator in return for a handful of magic beans. you clowns seem to forget that it was trump that ratcheted up the tension in the region with his idiotic tweetstorms.

He showed respect and got Kim to be agreeable in a face to face encounter.

in return for the above, trump got a vague statement signed with no guarantee of any action or time line for same.

It just happened.

yes, it's better that thaey're talking than flinging threats at each othe, but only a moron or a trumpling, pardon the redundancy, would consider this to be anything other than the train wreck that it is.

I think North Korea is going to follow through with their promise. I hope you're big enough to admit you were wrong when that happens.

i was going to make the effort to rebut your post point by point, but when i got to the end of it, all i could do was this...

you're just not worth the effort

have a nice day

Yeah, you know, other than him showing unprecedented willingness to do so after the president respected him enough to meet face to face, and other than China putting pressure on NK to cooperate.
No, his willingness in that respect is entirely precedented, as all the previous agreements show. That is, in no way will NK give up its nukes.

Pieces-M.jpg

Refresh my memory, if you would... just what was it that we got out of SIngapore, again?

I don't mind waiting a few weeks to see if anything does come of it, but I find the near-orgasmic TrumpBot response to be damned funny.

Surely you just. To this day we don't know all the secret provisions failed former President Barack Hussein Obama included with no oversight by our Congress. Iran never signed anything so exactly what kind of an agreement was this supposed to be?

Refresh my memory, if you would... just what was it that we got out of SIngapore, again?

I don't mind waiting a few weeks to see if anything does come of it, but I find the near-orgasmic TrumpBot response to be damned funny.

It's always fun to watch Progressives set their hair on fire over anything President Donald Trump says.

Surely you just. To this day we don't know all the secret provisions failed former President Barack Hussein Obama included with no oversight by our Congress. Iran never signed anything so exactly what kind of an agreement was this supposed to be?

Great post. You win.

Forum List

Back