You're ridiculous if you think we gave into Kim and got nothing out of it.

And stopping them is exactly what our adversaries want and not what our allies want. Russia got a good return on their investment in the past few days.

Why should we not stop them? It's a waste of money and a very childish act in the first place. It pisses China off too, and I don't consider them our adversary.

Because they are military training exercises with a close ally. Who wants us to stop them? China, North Korea and Russia. Russia is calling in their Trump markers.

Your argument for why we need to spend money on shows of force near North Korea is really desperate dude.
You think your allies can trust you when you change customary behaviour without even notifying them?

And stopping them is exactly what our adversaries want and not what our allies want. Russia got a good return on their investment in the past few days.

Why should we not stop them? It's a waste of money and a very childish act in the first place. It pisses China off too, and I don't consider them our adversary.

Because they are military training exercises with a close ally. Who wants us to stop them? China, North Korea and Russia. Russia is calling in their Trump markers.

The exercises are unnecessary and could be done somewhere else if they weren't. It's done purely for provocation and intimidation. I'm kind of amazed to see the left arguing to continue U.S shows of force around the world. Trump has turned some of you on your heads.

You think your allies can trust you when you change customary behaviour without even notifying them?

I think our allies will quickly get over it if we stop trying to intimidate North Korea and China on short notice. You really think such a thing would warrant a revocation of trust? Again, desperate. There's no good reason for us to be waving our cock around in the Korean Peninsula, and I'm amazed, amazed that the left is so desperate to contradict Trump's actions that they're actually defending U.S intimidation.

I'm amazed, amazed that the left is so desperate to contradict Trump's actions that they're actually defending U.S intimidation.
I don't know about the left, but I'm correcting your faulty OP premise that military exercises are nothing. For example, if they are nothing then NK wouldn't care about them.

This is a big turning point for future peace with North Korea -- make no mistake about it -- and if you really are for peace, you shouldn't care who gets credit for it..

Truthfully, conservatives make the better peace agreements -- so I can understand why they didn't want to be part of the Iran agreement.

Furthermore -- Trump himself said that Kim is an honorable man and he can trust him -- he also said that Kim's people truly love him with a fervor, so obviously Kim is doing something right -- the fact that Trump reached out and treated Kim with the respect and honor Kim deserved will be what tips Kim over to our side

I trust Trump on this one.

First of all nothing concrete has happened on our side either. All of this was just talked about a couple of days ago. Let me ask you something. How hard do you think it would be to reinstate sanctions and continue shows of force on the Korean Peninsula in the event that Kim Jong Un is bullshitting us? Easy, very easy in fact; that's the answer. It's not like we gave him a mountain of money we can't get back. The real truth is in the last couple weeks North Korea has shown more willingness to cooperate than at any other point in modern history. If you're a leftie that dislikes war you should be happy about that. Hell, the left was worried he was going to go to war with North Korea at first. Now they are mad about unprecedented peace talks. You people are pathetic. I grew up believing the left wing is populated by honest intellectuals. Adulthood and the real world have a way of shattering ridiculous childhood perceptions.

Let's be honest with ourselves, liberals are intellectually dishonest.

If Obama was having peace talks with Kim the left would be singing his praises and the right would be doing exactly what the left is doing right now. Minimizing it, refusing to be positive, hoping he fails etc.

Oh, for heaven's sake...

If Obama were having talks with Kim, he'd have...

* emissaries sent out for months exploring the political questions.

* experts sent out to assess the weapon manufacturing facilities.

* weapons experts to figure out where these weapons are, what state they're in etc.

* complete knowledge about North Korea's fuel cycle.

* complete knowledge about the amount of stored fuel, enrichment levels, etc.

* a complete inventory of North Korea's WMD.

That's just a partial list.

And then, there might be serious talks on a lower political level, perhaps up to the level of the Secretary of State.

And once these are successful, indicating a firm commitment to give up nukes, then there's time for peace talks.

The Trumpy got his photo op at a fancy hotel with fine food and a one-on-one with a murderer he declared "honorable", whose standing he greatly enhanced, while undermining the cruial willingness and commitment of other states to participate in the sanctions imposed on North Korea. After all, there are peace talks underway...

The Trumpy got nothing, and that's the most benevolent way to put that.

I'm amazed, amazed that the left is so desperate to contradict Trump's actions that they're actually defending U.S intimidation.
I don't know about the left, but I'm correcting your faulty OP premise that military exercises are nothing. For example, if they are nothing then NK wouldn't care about them.

If you're upset that shows of force have temporarily ceased in an effort to create lasting peace I just really don't know what to tell you. We're saving money by not wasting our time doing it. It's a benefit to us.

If you're upset that shows of force have temporarily ceased in an effort to create lasting peace I just really don't know what to tell you. We're saving money by not wasting our time doing it. It's a benefit to us.

You can guarantee that, while "shows of force" may have indeed ceased for the moment, Kim is currently, as we speak, building more nukes and chuckles at a Trumpy waving a piece of paper and taking a victory lap. You are, of course, free to join the celebrations.

The exercises are unnecessary and could be done somewhere else if they weren't. It's done purely for provocation and intimidation. I'm kind of amazed to see the left arguing to continue U.S shows of force around the world. Trump has turned some of you on your heads.

They are defensive exercises.

They are unnecessary and are only done to provoke and intimidate. Kim's Vietnam era military would easily be trampled by our 2018 airforce and navy. I doubt we'd even need to put troops on the ground. After we killed Kim and severely wounded his military the rest of North Korea would surrender. You make it sound like it's a vital part of defending ourselves from North Korea. What a joke; get real dude.

They are unnecessary and are only done to provoke and intimidate. Kim's Vietnam era military would easily be trampled by our 2018 airforce and navy. I doubt we'd even need to put troops on the ground. After we killed Kim and severely wounded his military the rest of North Korea would surrender. You make it sound like it's a vital part of defending ourselves from North Korea. What a joke; get real dude.

Odd. I’ve been told by more than one Trombie that the ONLY reason Kim agreed to the meeting is because Trump threatened to turn his country into a nuclear test site. Trump forced him to the table.

I take it you don’t adhere to that philosophy?

Odd. I’ve been told by more than one Trombie that the ONLY reason Kim agreed to the meeting is because Trump threatened to turn his country into a nuclear test site. Trump forced him to the table.

I take it you don’t adhere to that philosophy?

Kim is being agreeable because China is getting tired of his shit and he knows he'll be out of options if he loses his support from China. I didn't vote for Trump, nor will I in 2020. It's bad practice to make assumptions about people based on the limited scope of your disagreement with them.

Forum List

Back