YUGE WINNING! Obama's Un-American Mandate Repealed...

if you can't make a living doing something, you shouldn't be doing it.

Why not?

Yet you keep claiming you can't get a job that pays health insurance, no matter how hard you try and despite how wonderful and productive you are.

At least I work for a living and pay my own way. You can't say that about anybody on the dole.

Um, no, I'm my own employer. I own my own business and I'm self-employed. And I found insurance that I could afford pretty reasonably despite my age. I didn't even have to go on the OCare exchanges to get it, although I've been told I would save some money if I did.

You on the other hand, got cheated by your boss and you whine about it incessently, blaming Obama.

Oh, so now you own your own company, eh? A few weeks ago you did things on the side. Well.....just about every liberal here has their own business, independently wealthy, or comfortably retired. Me? I'm the only truck driver here.

At least I work for a living and pay my own way. You can't say that about anybody on the dole.

Except a lot of people 'on the dole" who aren't elderly or children DO work for a living... and get cheated by the one percenters.

Oh, so now you own your own company, eh? A few weeks ago you did things on the side. Well.....just about every liberal here has their own business, independently wealthy, or comfortably retired. Me? I'm the only truck driver here.

Yup, you're probably going to be replaced by a machine.

Actually, I moved my side business to a full time thing a couple months ago, when I realized I could make more money doing that if I charged the going rate and took on more customers.

The one reason I didn't do that a year ago was because I was really terrified of what health insurance would cost... and then I found out it really doesn't cost that much, if you know how to shop for it.

Hardly welfare when you pay into something. You know, that Great Society experiment that went bad???

Now even my raccoon theory is racist????

It's racist as shit.

But to the point, you will get more out of those "White People Welfare" programs than you ever pay in.

Unemployment- you'll get everything your employer paid into it in a year in two weeks on it.

Social Security - you'll get everything back you paid into it if you retire at 65 and live to be 72. (Average life expectancy is 78)

Medicare- You'll get everything you paid into it back when you have yoru first serious illness.

Remember, buddy, that's why all these programs are going broke and we done need us some entitlement reform to pay for those tax cuts for billionaires.

Why should they pay into it? They're not going to use any of those programs. What about all those white people who paid into those programs and never lived long enough to use any of them? My next door neighbor died when she was 64. All that money they took from that poor woman and now it's used to support strangers. But that's how it works. That's how it balances out. A friend of mine died at 63. He made the big bucks at the steel mills. He paid a ton of money into those programs. Again, didn't get one red cent from them.

Except a lot of people 'on the dole" who aren't elderly or children DO work for a living... and get cheated by the one percenters.

Dummy. If you're on the dole, you are not supporting yourself. You are taking instead of giving. Taxpayers are supporting you. You don't know the difference?

Yup, you're probably going to be replaced by a machine.

Actually, I moved my side business to a full time thing a couple months ago, when I realized I could make more money doing that if I charged the going rate and took on more customers.

The one reason I didn't do that a year ago was because I was really terrified of what health insurance would cost... and then I found out it really doesn't cost that much, if you know how to shop for it.

Right, I'd like to see a machine replace me. The last person that posted a site about manless trucks was a joke. The thing cost over three millions dollars and it could only go straight. Even then they found problems with it.

But even if that day comes, I'll be long off this earth or at the very least, retired. My job requires too much calculating and instinct. It will be eons before I can be replaced, and more than likely, you will be replaced sooner than I will.

Why should they pay into it? They're not going to use any of those programs. What about all those white people who paid into those programs and never lived long enough to use any of them? My next door neighbor died when she was 64. All that money they took from that poor woman and now it's used to support strangers. But that's how it works. That's how it balances out. A friend of mine died at 63. He made the big bucks at the steel mills. He paid a ton of money into those programs. Again, didn't get one red cent from them.

Well, it's not like they were going to use them where they were going, is it?

Now, that said, I think there are a lot of problems with SS. It was concevied at a time when most people lived to be 62. Today they live to be 78. Also a time when most families had an average of 5 kids then less than two. So some rethinking has to happen here.

Dummy. If you're on the dole, you are not supporting yourself. You are taking instead of giving. Taxpayers are supporting you. You don't know the difference?

No, the taxpayers are subsidizing cheap labor for the one percent, that's the thing.

I mean, you might be happy subsidizing WalMart's work force, but i'm not.

Right, I'd like to see a machine replace me. The last person that posted a site about manless trucks was a joke. The thing cost over three millions dollars and it could only go straight. Even then they found problems with it.

Yeah, and what did Cell Phones look like in the 1980's?

My job requires too much calculating and instinct. It will be eons before I can be replaced, and more than likely, you will be replaced sooner than I will.

Unlikely. What I do requires education and skill.

What you do anyone who can drive in a straight line can do.

There it is... The entitlement to others labors.... Get off your ass and get more education or find a better job.. ITS ON YOU! Quit blaming others for YOUR FAILURE. Your owed nothing..

Finally a US Congressional achievement i can celebrate. The Mandate is gone. It should have never been allowed to happen. So i have to congratulate and thank the GOP and President Trump bigtime. They ended the Mandate and got some Tax Reform done. A Yuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare Mandate

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue, given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

Repealing the mandate also saves $300 billion over ten years...

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
How are Republicans going to pay for Obamacare?

It's what I call my Ray from Cleveland's raccoon theory.

You see a raccoon digging in a garbage can, so you go into the house and fetch that ham you were going to throw out at the end of the week. You give the ham to the raccoon and the animal eats in delight. Now give it about 20 seconds and try to take the ham back and see what happens.

Politicians (especially on the left) are quite aware of my raccoon theory, although they may refer to it as something else. But once you give people something, it's virtually impossible to take it back without getting your hand bit off. And this is why Republicans are scared to take anything back.

ObamaCare should have been gone the first month Trump took office. So why is it still with us? The Raccoon theory.

That you compare other human beings to a feral animal is kind of why some of us call it the "Racist from Cleveland" theory.

Here's the thing, the biggest welfare collectors are WHITE PEOPLE>

The biggest welfare programs-
Social Security
Medicare
Unemployment Insurance

And most of that money goes to middle class white people.
WOW..

Social Security, which I paid into my full life is a benefit! WHICH I PAID FOR! It is not an entitlement... Your Lib demo-crap fools stole the money I PAID IN..

Your a fucking racist joke..

Finally a US Congressional achievement i can celebrate. The Mandate is gone. It should have never been allowed to happen. So i have to congratulate and thank the GOP and President Trump bigtime. They ended the Mandate and got some Tax Reform done. A Yuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare Mandate

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue, given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

Repealing the mandate also saves $300 billion over ten years...

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
How are Republicans going to pay for Obamacare?
Were dismantling it... because it failed... No reason to pay for it...

No, the taxpayers are subsidizing cheap labor for the one percent, that's the thing.

I mean, you might be happy subsidizing WalMart's work force, but i'm not.

You're not subsidizing anybody but the individual. There is no law written where the government MUST put people who don't give a F on welfare. Talk to your friendly neighborhood liberal and tell him or her to cut those programs for people physically and mentally capable of working. Then there won't be any of these subsidizes you speak of. Instead, they will have to work more hours or get two jobs like we used to when we were young. They will try harder to improve their income instead of relying on taxpayers for it.

Yeah, and what did Cell Phones look like in the 1980's?

Joe, they can't even make a manless car yet alone truck. Uber experimented with manless cars, and they still have all kinds of problems. The thing goes into default mode all the time where the passenger has to take over and finish the trip. You can't charge a customer who has to drive the car themselves. It's a lost cause.

Unlikely. What I do requires education and skill.

What you do anyone who can drive in a straight line can do.

Yeah, that's what we do, drive in a straight line. We don't go down residential side streets, we don't take two lanes to make wide turns because the city or town didn't design the road for trucks. We don't back trailers into spaces so tight many couldn't back up a van into. We just drive straight.

You can punch skill and education into a computer. You can't punch common sense and experience into it.

$700 tax on every person who doesn’t want to buy Obamacare.

Bye bye tax on the poor.

Dems are scum. Trump just lowered taxes on the poor.

Well, no, he didn't.

He just raised insurance costs on everyone else.

Wait a second Yahoo, so before Obama care people didn't buy insurance, Obama care came along and raised premiums and deductibles sky high , now you are telling us if we get rid of the mandate it will raise them more?

Not logical
Very logical. Increased premiums could have been fixed if the Republicans had allowed it. Many people have no clue how insurance works.

If you don’t require insurance healthy people will opt out and healthy people are what keeps the cost down. That leaves sicker people needing more care in the system and nothing to offset those costs.

Premiums were going up before ACA, that was one of the reasons for behind the ACA.

Now the healthcare system is spinning like a wildly unbalanced wheel. And many of the people who benefited most from ACA are Trump voters. Ironic.
Why make healthy people pay for unhealthy people? Charity is not charity if it is not 100% voluntary. You sound like a spineless communist

If you've ever had health insurance you paid for unhealthy people at one time. Jesus Christ you have no concept of insurance. None, zilch.
Insurance is a fucked up concept, It is abused 100% of the time

If I am driving, slide on some ice and hit another car and I am sued...I won’t lose everything.

If my ranch in Montana is burned down in a wildfire and I have lost everything, I can rebuild because I have insurance.

If my child gets diagnosed with neuroblastoma, I can get her the necessary treatment without losing her home, our savings and everything we own because I have insurance.

And in all those cases, insurance helps to insure those events won’t cause me to end up destitute on public assistance.
That’s fine if you want that, what about those that don’t want that? Why first people in the shit they will not use, do not want and can never afford?
Because with your logic....people will only get it after they are sick meaning healthy people like me who don’t need it yet will be paying a lot more because of them.
Let people buy insurance after they find out they’re sick and/or have to go to The emergency room. To hell with insurance companies.

Yea, that's it just like you do auto insurance after they have totaled their car and take it to be insured. You don't make sense.
Insurance is a fucked up concept

How do you make leftists? Give them something on transfer of wealth theories, then tell them the Republicans are going to take it away from them. It is a very diabolical, political, strategy.

How do you create Conservatives? Give them a job, then point at Democrats and show the people how they want to take more of their money to give to somebody else! It isn't rocket science.

Not at all... I've been working since I was 16, and what finally got me to stop voting Republican at 46 was the realization that the GOP doesn't give a fuck about the people who do the work. They care about the people who have the money.

you see, what you fuckheads don't realize is that the reason why we have a dependent class is that for people who aren't crazy racists like Ray, whose boss won't even spring for his health insurance despite him being a great producers, is that when you cheat the workers at every turn, they are going to have more loyalty to government than their employers.

Now you know why Democrats fight so hard to consistently raise payouts for doing NOTHING! They have to keep a large % of the population on their modern "plantation," or they will be wiped out again like they were with Reagan!

Um, guy, the reason why Reagan "wiped out" the Democrats (not really, he lost control of Congress) was that Whites made up 83% of the electorate and he was very good at appealling to their racism.

Now they make up 68% and shrinking.
You obviously have never owned a business, the hired help never have skin in the game. And that’s fine that’s just the facts.

Yea, and you'll never convince me you've ever owned a business without any common sense.
You can’t have the Insane running the asylum, Employees can’t run the business

Now, that said, I think there are a lot of problems with SS. It was concevied at a time when most people lived to be 62. Today they live to be 78. Also a time when most families had an average of 5 kids then less than two. So some rethinking has to happen here.

I agree. But if we want these programs, we have to fund these programs. Thats the problem here.

I can't remember the last time Medicare increased employee deductions. All the years healthcare keeps going up, and Medicare deductions stayed the same. They should at least be double by now if not more. Same with SS. They need to take more money from working people to support the program. The problem is if they take too much, the public will revolt and demand an end to SS as they should. People should be responsible for their own retirement. Imagine all the money you would have today if you were able to take that SS money and invest it in a conservative account.

how stupid do you lowlife loons have to be to cheer for people being unable to buy health insurance.

now go pretend you're a christian.

But that doesn't even do that! All this does is make it easier for people who aren't sick to not buy health insurance until they get sick.

Which means you'll have a lot of people putting off buying health insurance until they are either older or sicker... which means that- wait for it - the insurance companies will have to raise premiums on the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure almost no one here who wails about the Individual Mandate is actually going around without insurance.

I wonder what they are going to say when their premiums go up?
To hell with insurance companies, who gives a shit. The concept of paying into a pool is a fucked up one from the beginning. Only stupid people don’t realize that. Fact

so you don't like insurance companies and paying into pools and think they make enough money.

fair enough.

so you think we should have single payor like most of the rest of the civilized world.
No, Because you can’t trust the government to do anything right. Survival of the fittest is the way it should be

Blah blah blah blah.

So the US is incompetent but every other civilized country is capable?

I'd say that's pretty retarded.
Other countries are competent? Why are they in debt then? Lol

I agree. But if we want these programs, we have to fund these programs. Thats the problem here.

I can't remember the last time Medicare increased employee deductions. All the years healthcare keeps going up, and Medicare deductions stayed the same. They should at least be double by now if not more. Same with SS. They need to take more money from working people to support the program. The problem is if they take too much, the public will revolt and demand an end to SS as they should. People should be responsible for their own retirement. Imagine all the money you would have today if you were able to take that SS money and invest it in a conservative account.
If I had been allowed to invest all the money I put in I would be a multi millionaire and both my retirement and medical would be paid for, for the rest of my life.

If I had been allowed to invest all the money I put in I would be a multi millionaire and both my retirement and medical would be paid for, for the rest of my life.

I've had a retirement account for only about 20 years or so. I can't believe the money I have in it now, and the contributions are nothing compared to what I put into SS. I can't imagine what I would have today with me and my employers matching contributions since I started working at 16. And let's be honest, FICA is just a fancy acronym for Social Security. That money would have been in there as well.

You can’t count on the village, it will fuck you every time...

I've had a retirement account for only about 20 years or so. I can't believe the money I have in it now, and the contributions are nothing compared to what I put into SS. I can't imagine what I would have today with me and my employers matching contributions since I started working at 16. And let's be honest, FICA is just a fancy acronym for Social Security. That money would have been in there as well.

Does it bother you that congress has already spent every last cent you and your employer contributed to social security?

Forum List

Back