YUGE WINNING! Obama's Un-American Mandate Repealed...

I hate to carry on, but let me try to explain this to you:

You can't just raise wages for one group of people. Increasing wages has a domino effect.

Yes, it does. It causes prosperity.

Thanks for playing.

I have to laugh when I watch one of my favorite shows, the Property Brothers. They usually have episodes in areas like yours, California, and mostly the NE states where inflation is so out of control. Their million dollar homes are something you can buy here for about $400,000. That's because we kept our inflation down by not being so pro-union here. We try to keep our taxes down and wages follow.

Yeah, okay, here's the thing.

People are fleeing the fuck from Cleveland. Nobody wants to live in Cleveland on a bet. It's truly a shithole. I was there for a week and I was depressed when I left.

People, on the other hand are moving to California because it is a pretty nice place to live.

You see how that works, buddy?

Republican Heathcare plan:

Collapse the individual market by letting people buy insurance only when they get sick.

Republicans are straight saying: here, be irresponsible, someone else will pay when shit hits the fan.

Why would anyone making decent money and not already chronically sick pay for insurance?

Republican Heathcare plan:

Collapse the individual market by letting people buy insurance only when they get sick.

Republicans are straight saying: here, be irresponsible, someone else will pay when shit hits the fan.

Why would anyone making decent money and not already chronically sick pay for insurance?

And that's the point. The reason why most of us have insurance is because our jobs provide it. But if you are only buying when you get sick, the paying suckers will just have to pay more.

Finally a US Congressional achievement i can celebrate. The Mandate is gone. It should have never been allowed to happen. So i have to congratulate and thank the GOP and President Trump bigtime. They ended the Mandate and got some Tax Reform done. A Yuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare Mandate

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue, given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

Repealing the mandate also saves $300 billion over ten years...

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Yep, you can dance around knowing the rich just got richer and the US just got another nail in the coffin.

Great day for Freedom & Liberty. Thank you Republicans and President Trump. :thup:

Well, considering the GOP lied to us for eight years about Repeal & Replace, maybe their flock will find a way to celebrate this remarkable and absolutely game-changing achievement.
The Mandate is gone. It was Un-American. The ultimate Big Government abuse of power. So i have to thank the GOP and Trump. They delivered.
Okay, how will this help? Walk me through it.

It is a Civil Rights issue...the Government can't force you to buy something.....

Nolte: Obamacare Mandate Repeal Is the Most Important Civil Rights Victory in Years - Breitbart

Going all the way back to 2009, it was obvious Obamacare would end up looking like a Rube Goldberg machine powered by totalitarianism. Who would have ever guessed, though, it was such a fiasco that the mandate would actually cost the government money — a delicious irony that would result in its undoing.
It works like this…

For the sin of being born, Obamacare mandates that every American purchase health insurance. If we do not purchase this totally unnecessary, godawful product (more on this below), we are required by law to pay a hefty tax to the federal government.

Somehow, and I do not really care how, this tax actually costs the government money, some $340 billion — with a “B” — every ten years.

Only Bill Ayers’ pal and his merry band of congressional nincompoops could crawl so far up their own backsides that they were able to find a tax that increases the deficit.

But thank heavens they did. Had they not, the Senate would not have repealed the mandate Friday night.

After the humiliation of failing to keep their defining promise to repeal Obamacare, the Senate turned to tax reform, which also looked sketchy due to deficit projections. But then the clouds parted and the stars aligned with the discovery that repealing the Obamacare mandate would save the government this $340 billion.

Talk about a win-win. Here was a way to kill the most hated (and crucial) part of Obamacare and pass tax cuts. And that is exactly what happened — the American people won a sweet two-fer: lower taxes and freedom from a fascist mandate.

------------

If I purchase a car, I am voluntarily taking on certain civic responsibilities that require the purchase of insurance. I have no problem with that. The Obamacare mandate is something altogether different.

For no other reason other than the fact I am born, the mandate is the federal government forcing me to buy something. This is nothing less than a legalized violation of my civil rights.

Forget the fact that Obamacare so over-regulates the insurance industry that we are now required to purchase a ridiculously expensive, one-size-fits-all Cadillac plan with a deductible so sky-high most of us will never use it. That is the least of this outrage, and something the Senate still needs to fix.

What I am talking about is the principle of the state forcing you to purchase something for your own good and for the good of others.

Sorry to be crude, but f**k that.

Setting a precedent that allows the government to force me to buy something for my own good is as un-American as it gets. What if studies show that the key to a long life is owning a Bible and gun? Is it okay with you Obamacare fans if Trump and Co. mandates the purchase of those?

So now go after the car insurance mandate and I will belive your civil rights stance.

Apples and oranges. My mother never had auto insurance, neither did her parents. That's because none of them ever drove a car before. If you don't want to pay auto insurance, then you don't have to drive. You don't have that choice with healthcare.

Excellent observation. Thanks. :thup:

Finally a US Congressional achievement i can celebrate. The Mandate is gone. It should have never been allowed to happen. So i have to congratulate and thank the GOP and President Trump bigtime. They ended the Mandate and got some Tax Reform done. A Yuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue, given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
How are Republicans going to pay for Obamacare?
Were dismantling it... because it failed... No reason to pay for it...
What happens to all the people who lose coverage?
You were supposed to provide them something better

Now you are throwing them to the wolves

No Citizen should be fined or imprisoned for not having Health Insurance. The Mandate was an awful Big Government overreach. It was truly Un-American.

Well, considering the GOP lied to us for eight years about Repeal & Replace, maybe their flock will find a way to celebrate this remarkable and absolutely game-changing achievement.

Oh, i'm not letting feckless GOP leadership completely off the hook. I've probably been Ryan, Boehner, and McConnell's harshest critic over the years. But i have to give credit where due. The Mandate is gone. It was Un-American. The ultimate Big Government abuse of power. So i have to thank the GOP and Trump. They delivered.

It’s not repealed until the House GOP and President sign it. The House GOP are a bunch of cucks, so let’s not celebrate too early.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Yep, you can dance around knowing the rich just got richer and the US just got another nail in the coffin.

Oh Gawd, lay off the Democrat Fake News, kid. The sky ain't falling. Citizens just won't be fined and imprisoned for not having Health Insurance. The Mandate is as Un-American as it gets. It should have never happened.

Oh, i'm not letting feckless GOP leadership completely off the hook. I've probably been Ryan, Boehner, and McConnell's harshest critic over the years. But i have to give credit where due. The Mandate is gone. It was Un-American. The ultimate Big Government abuse of power. So i have to thank the GOP and Trump. They delivered.

It’s not repealed until the House GOP and President sign it. The House GOP are a bunch of cucks, so let’s not celebrate too early.

Good point. Stay tuned.

Great article. Supports most of my points.

No, it doesn't. the points were horseshit, but it shows that places like WalMart are playing on your stupidity.

"Thanks for subsidizing our workforce' said the billionaire Walton Family

Oh please. Do you really think Walmart pays any different than Target, K-Mart, Burger King, your local car wash? Talk about playing on somebody's stupidity.

Walmart became the liberal poster child because they are such a huge non-union employer. But what your puppet masters didn't tell you is that the managers and assistant managers at Walmart do pretty well. Their warehouse people do pretty well. Their office personnel do pretty well, and I talk to their truck drivers all the time and they tell me they are very happy with the company.

Myth Busted: Taxpayers Are Not Subsidizing Wal-Mart's Low Wages

Yes, it does. It causes prosperity.

Thanks for playing.

It causes inflation and huge cost of living increases. Thanks for playing.

Yeah, okay, here's the thing.

People are fleeing the fuck from Cleveland. Nobody wants to live in Cleveland on a bet. It's truly a shithole. I was there for a week and I was depressed when I left.

We were depressed when you came.

Cleveland is no different than any other shithole run by Democrats. The city is not the problem--the people are.

People, on the other hand are moving to California because it is a pretty nice place to live.

You see how that works, buddy?

They have the best weather in the country. See how that works?

Sure we can...
It's called competition across state lines..

Awesome. That way when your out of state agency cheats you, you have no recourse.

The Problem With G.O.P. Plans to Sell Health Insurance Across State Lines

The trouble is that varying or numerous state regulations aren’t the main reason insurance markets tend to be uncompetitive. Selling insurance in a new region or state takes more than just getting a license and including all the locally required benefits. It also involves setting up favorable contracts with doctors and hospitals so that customers will be able to get access to health care. Establishing those networks of health care providers can be hard for new market entrants.

“The barriers to entry are not truly regulatory, they are financial and they are network,” said Sabrina Corlette, the director of the Georgetown University Health Policy Institute.

First off your link is to a nyt's article and they are
not objective, they are nothing more than a wing
of the democratic party.

They are a rag not worthy of a bird cage....

I'm no insurance expert by any means, but I don't
buy the fact that you wouldn't have any recourse with
an out of state insurer.

If they were allowed to do business in your state I am
sure your State would make sure they could be held
accountable.

It's just common sense, competition drives prices down...

A little tort reform wouldn't hurt anything either....

Great day for Freedom & Liberty. Thank you Republicans and President Trump. :thup:

Yes, thank you, Mr. Trump, whoops not reconciled with Congress yet not to mention it doesn't take effect until 2019 and ACA will still be the law of the land for 2018.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Oh Gawd, lay off the Democrat Fake News, kid. The sky ain't falling. Citizens just won't be fined and imprisoned for not having Health Insurance. The Mandate is as Un-American as it gets. It should have never happened.

Fake news? What fake news?

The rich get richer, it's that simple. The amount of taxes a rich person has to pay will drop because lots of Americans will be without healthcare.

Is that "American", to not give a stuff about other people?

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

The rich get richer, it's that simple. The amount of taxes a rich person has to pay will drop because lots of Americans will be without healthcare.

Is it American to take other people's money to show you give a stuff about other people?

Obamacare is so popular, they had to threaten people to purchase Obamacare else be punished by a government fine that's how popular it is.

Obamacare is so terrible the Republicans couldn't come up with something better to replace it.

Its your normal govt. Come up with the shittiest law and then cry that it is failing, then ask the citizens to let govt fix the broken law that they forced upon you. Its beautiful. Im confident that the irony will be lost upon you.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Is it American to take other people's money to show you give a stuff about other people?

The problem is, a lot of this money has been taken from people in the first place.

It's like the thief complaining that he has to pay for something.

Forum List

Back