Zimmerman Lawyer: I'm OK With Judge's Evidence Restrictions In Trial

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
A Florida judge's decision to ban Trayvon Martin's marijuana use and history of fighting from being mentioned in opening statements at the trial of his accused killer George Zimmerman, is fine with the defense.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-XuV_4BmuM&feature=player_embedded]Mark O'Mara | Zimmerman Attorney Speaks To Malzberg - YouTube[/ame]

Read more @ Zimmerman Lawyer: I'm OK With Judge's Evidence Restrictions In Trial

A Florida judge's decision to ban Trayvon Martin's marijuana use and history of fighting from being mentioned in opening statements at the trial of his accused killer George Zimmerman, is fine with the defense.

Mark O'Mara | Zimmerman Attorney Speaks To Malzberg - YouTube

Read more @ Zimmerman Lawyer: I'm OK With Judge's Evidence Restrictions In Trial

I have a feeling he is betting on the prosecution bringing in Martin's "choirboy" status as evidence. That will allow the defense a rebuttal, and then all the other stuff comes into play.

The prosecution has to be very careful about what they bring up.

I have a feeling he is betting on the prosecution bringing in Martin's "choirboy" status as evidence. That will allow the defense a rebuttal, and then all the other stuff comes into play.

Shouldn't be to difficult, their case is based on the night of the event not on the past.

Zimmerman is the one having to worry about the past being brought up.

>>>>

Last edited:

Shouldn't be to difficult, their case is based on the night of the event not on the past.

>>>>

If you go strictly by the events on the night of the event, Zimmerman probably walks. So far we know Martin was on top of him when zimmerman shot martin, we know zimmerman was injured (the severity of the injury will be a matter of fact for the jury to decide). Yes, Zimmerman was told by the police it was not his problem, but it was not an order from the police, and we have no evidence zimmerman did anything but follow martin, which in and of itself is not justification for martin to initiate a physical confrontation.

The prosecutors may have to delve into zimmerman's past, but to do that they would open the door to martin's past, as the point of conention is that martin opened up the phyiscal altercation.

It looked like a loss for the defense but it was actually a gain. In effect, he has tied the prosecutions hands a little bit.

It looked like a loss for the defense but it was actually a gain. In effect, he has tied the prosecutions hands a little bit.

While the hearing the other day was about defense motions in terms of Martin, I think O'Mara was laying groundwork to make sure the prosecution can't bring in Zimmerman's records.

>>>>

>>>>

If you go strictly by the events on the night of the event, Zimmerman probably walks.

Maybe, maybe not. That's for the jury to decide.

So far we know Martin was on top of him when zimmerman shot martin,

No we don't. We know that Martin was on top at some point. We are not sure (as in a given fact) that Martin was on top at the time the shot occurred. Expert testimony on trajectory and biomechanics, lack of blood on Zimmerman's jacket, and lack of GSR on Zimmerman's jacket may suggest that Zimmerman had pushed Martin to arms length at the time the shot was fired.

we know zimmerman was injured (the severity of the injury will be a matter of fact for the jury to decide).

Yes we know Zimmerman had some injuries, however they do not indicate who acted as the aggressor, they only show that Zimmerman was not the "winner" of the "fight" until the firearm was pulled.

Yes, Zimmerman was told by the police it was not his problem, but it was not an order from the police, and we have no evidence zimmerman did anything but follow martin, which in and of itself is not justification for martin to initiate a physical confrontation.

What physical or forensic or witness evidence are you basing the claim that "martin to initiate a physical confrontation." beyond Zimmerman's version of events?

The prosecutors may have to delve into zimmerman's past, but to do that they would open the door to martin's past, as the point of conention is that martin opened up the phyiscal altercation.

Repeat the above question.

>>>>

I am detecting some underlying implication that a black man will usually whip a white man's ass.

Forum List

Back