BREAKING: The Supreme Court is Likely to Uphold Presidential Immunity for Donald Trump..

So you lied? Gotcha
No. There's a whole memo about it with Eastman trying to get him not to certify and his lawyer and even Eastman himself admitting to the illegal nature of his ask.

Pence’s lawyer told him blocking vote certification would likely lead to court loss, ‘standoff’ with Congress

In the memo, which was obtained by Politico, Pence lawyer Greg Jacob evaluated a proposal from Trump legal adviser John Eastman on how Pence could refuse to count electoral votes from “any state for which an alternate but uncertified slate of electors has been submitted.”​
“If the Vice President implemented Professor Eastman’s proposal, he would likely lose in court,” Jacob concluded. “In a best-case scenario in which the courts refused to get involved, the Vice President would likely find himself in an isolated standoff against both houses of Congress, as well as most or all of the applicable State legislatures, with no neutral arbiter available to break the impasse.”​
Pence’s ultimate decision to go against Trump and continue as normal with the certification of votes led to tension between the two and made the then-vice president a target amid the violent insurrection on Jan. 6, where many Trump supporters expressed anger toward Pence over his refusal to overturn the election results.​
Pence has since reiterated that he did not have the authority to do so. “President Trump is wrong. I had no right to overturn the election,” the former vice president said earlier this year. “The presidency belongs to the American people, and the American people alone. Frankly, there is almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president.”​
In the memo to Pence, Jacob noted that Eastman himself acknowledged his proposal would violate the 1887 Electoral Count Act and laid out multiple provisions of that law Pence would be breaking if he held up the certification as Eastman urged.​

You say you don't have a dog in the fight but also that you understand Israeli's response of bombing the shit out HAMAS and civilians alike. Including children and pregnant women. So how about HAMAS's actions do you understand those? Not having a dog in the fight, to me, means recognizing the atrocities and callousness on all sides.
Actually I'm more callous than you say. We gave Gaza and Israel more than enough money and time to figure out how to live together. As I said before we give money to rebuild Gaza, and then Hamas send rockets into Israel, and then we give bombs for Israel to bomb Gaza, etc., etc,. etc.,

I'm done giving ANY US money to either. They can choose how they want to live. I could care less what they do to each other.
THE US NEEDS TO CANCEL ALL FOREIGN AID.

• Thanks
Reactions: AHZ
Actually I'm more callous than you say. We gave Gaza and Israel more than enough money and time to figure out how to live together. As I said before we give money to rebuild Gaza, and then Hamas send rockets into Israel, and then we give bombs for Israel to bomb Gaza, etc., etc,. etc.,

I'm done giving ANY US money to either. They can choose how they want to live. I could care less what they do to each other.
Well that's just dumb. No matter how you feel about Israeli policies or HAMAS intent the innocent civilians deserve whatever empathy and aid we can manage to get to them.

now you're cooking with gas.

no.

she's right on this one.

America First.
You're not America, you don't speak for all of us. To me America first means putting our values above pure self interest and I happen to value innocent human life.

You're not America, you don't speak for all of us. To me America first means putting our values above pure self interest and I happen to value innocent human life.
stopping funding of overseas dumb wars will save many lives.

we don't need to project our values with force.

the best values are imparted by modelling, aka, walk the walk.

Well that's just dumb. No matter how you feel about Israeli policies or HAMAS intent the innocent civilians deserve whatever empathy and aid we can manage to get to them.
The best outcome I see now is NOT to rebuild Gaza, but to disperse "innocent" Gazans throughout the ME. Gaza can become an Israeli resort area after the debris is cleared. That saves the US and EU $billions that we won't have to spend going forward.
That ends the Hamas war.

• Thanks
Reactions: AHZ
The best outcome I see now is NOT to rebuild Gaza, but to disperse "innocent" Gazans throughout the ME. Gaza can become an Israeli resort area after the debris is cleared. That saves the US and EU $billions that we won't have to spend going forward.
That ends the Hamas war.
but but muh hallliburton rebuilding contract......!!!!!!!!!

Listen to this! See what you think. This is what he thinks likely will happen..

BREAKING: The Supreme Court is Likely to Uphold Presidential Immunity for Donald Trump​

I am not sure what the guy has to say, but I don't believe the SCOTUS will give Trump carte blanche as president.

The argument is going to be what is protected and what isn't. Then it becomes the lawfare the left is using to try and fashion their POV as the THE POV.

stopping funding of overseas dumb wars will save many lives.
Depends on the war. If we stop sending military aid to Ukraine then a lot more innocent Ukrainians will die fighting foreign invaders than they are right now and all of them may eventually lose their liberty.
we don't need to project our values with force.
Sometimes we do and sometimes we need to do it with food and medical aid like for the citizens of Gaza.
the best values are imparted by modelling, aka, walk the walk.
And what value is it here that you're expressing? Isolationism?

Depends on the war. If we stop sending military aid to Ukraine then a lot more innocent Ukrainians will die fighting foreign invaders than they are right now and all of them may eventually lose their liberty.

Sometimes we do and sometimes we need to do it with food and medical aid like for the citizens of Gaza.

And what value is it here that you're expressing? Isolationism?
fuck ukraine.

protectionism is good.

That ends the Hamas war.
Ok. So to you the best outcome is the total displacement of the Palestinian people. Then why pretend that you were unbiased earlier?: dunno: :laugh:

Ok. So to you the best outcome is the total displacement of the Palestinian people. Then why pretend that you were unbiased earlier?: dunno: :laugh:
Israel is too greedy to use their own money to bomb, you know..... all the Jews.

Forum List

Back