BREAKING: The Supreme Court is Likely to Uphold Presidential Immunity for Donald Trump..

No. There's a whole memo about it with Eastman trying to get him not to certify and his lawyer and even Eastman himself admitting to the illegal nature of his ask.

Pence’s lawyer told him blocking vote certification would likely lead to court loss, ‘standoff’ with Congress

In the memo, which was obtained by Politico, Pence lawyer Greg Jacob evaluated a proposal from Trump legal adviser John Eastman on how Pence could refuse to count electoral votes from “any state for which an alternate but uncertified slate of electors has been submitted.”​
“If the Vice President implemented Professor Eastman’s proposal, he would likely lose in court,” Jacob concluded. “In a best-case scenario in which the courts refused to get involved, the Vice President would likely find himself in an isolated standoff against both houses of Congress, as well as most or all of the applicable State legislatures, with no neutral arbiter available to break the impasse.”​
Pence’s ultimate decision to go against Trump and continue as normal with the certification of votes led to tension between the two and made the then-vice president a target amid the violent insurrection on Jan. 6, where many Trump supporters expressed anger toward Pence over his refusal to overturn the election results.​
Pence has since reiterated that he did not have the authority to do so. “President Trump is wrong. I had no right to overturn the election,” the former vice president said earlier this year. “The presidency belongs to the American people, and the American people alone. Frankly, there is almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president.”​
In the memo to Pence, Jacob noted that Eastman himself acknowledged his proposal would violate the 1887 Electoral Count Act and laid out multiple provisions of that law Pence would be breaking if he held up the certification as Eastman urged.​
Yeah lawyers are allowed to write legal memos…I guess it’s only illegal in a demafacist state

You say you don't have a dog in the fight but also that you understand Israeli's response of bombing the shit out HAMAS and civilians alike. Including children and pregnant women. So how about HAMAS's actions do you understand those? Not having a dog in the fight, to me, means recognizing the atrocities and callousness on all sides.
You attempt to use talking points that in no way can be fact checked or held in the context for which they are to be held in. You are just a partisan hack that should be taken as such.

• Thanks
Reactions: AHZ
Ok. So to you the best outcome is the total displacement of the Palestinian people. Then why pretend that you were unbiased earlier?: dunno: :laugh:
kangaroo-court-v0-f5w4fkqnaxwc1.jpeg

why are we talking about gaza in an immunity thread?

Ok. So to you the best outcome is the total displacement of the Palestinian people. Then why pretend that you were unbiased earlier?: dunno: :laugh:
Actually the West Bank is still full of Palestinians. (Not a total displacement)
Dispersing Gazans would be a very important hint to them what happens if they can't behave like human beings.

Not sure how you conclude I'm biased?
Dispersing Gazans eliminates the need for US foreign aid. Win-win-win-win-win...
The only dog I have in that fight is spending US dollars stupidly/unnecessarily on both sides.

Yeah lawyers are allowed to write legal memos…I guess it’s only illegal in a demafacist state
Lawyers aren't allowed to advise criminality. That isn't a shield from prosecution. Ask Ken Cheesbro. Or Mark Eastman. He's indicted in Georgia.

Lawyers aren't allowed to advise criminality. That isn't a shield from prosecution. Ask Ken Cheesbro. Or Mark Eastman. He's indicted in Georgia.
Haha a lawyer didn’t advice someone to murder someone.

He gave advice based on his legal opinion not something that was criminal

Try again

Actually the West Bank is still full of Palestinians. (Not a total displacement)
Dispersing Gazans would be a very important hint to them what happens if they can't behave like human beings.

Dispersing Gazans eliminates the need for US foreign aid. Win-win-win-win-win...
The only dog I have in that fight is spending US dollars stupidly/unnecessarily on both sides.
Right. Why is it you think Gazans can't act like human beings? Have they slaughtered 10,000 innocent Israeli children? Why are you being a little brittle bitch and pretending as if you have no bias? When are you going to actually be proud of your beliefs?

Trump meme...
why are we talking about gaza in an immunity thread?
So what Trump policies are you whining about?
The USSC just killed Lawfare against Trump, so what?

The Bragg case is hilarious.
The dems on MSDNC are giddy.
The dems on CNN have a few conservative voices explaining how illegal the non-crimes against Trump are.
The Republicans on FNC are ignoring the dems Lawfare.

The USSC needs to tamp down the bullshit Lawfare one way or another.

dispersing Jews to Kansas would also be a good America first solution.

Well that's just dumb. No matter how you feel about Israeli policies or HAMAS intent the innocent civilians deserve whatever empathy and aid we can manage to get to them.
Aid that is unmanaged is a stupid thing, and that's been the problem of delivering aid to people who are to weak to manage the aid in the way it should have been managed properly. But politicians could give a damned about that, just as long as it gets them the empathetic card punched back here. The American people are catching on now, and it's beginning to show as they are weighted down under inflation and a political run system that's using every issue in ways to justify destroying Americans for the so called greater good.

Haha a lawyer didn’t advice someone to murder someone.

He gave advice based on his legal opinion not something that was criminal

Try again
Fraud is also criminal. When you're done attacking that strawman come back over here and take on the actual argument.

Right. Why is it you think Gazans can't act like human beings? Have they slaughtered 10,000 innocent Israeli children? Why are you being a little brittle bitch and pretending as if you have no bias? When are you going to actually be proud of your beliefs?
1. Gazans are controlled by Hamas. Hamas can't act like human beings, refer to 10/7.
2. Yes, they slaughtered 1,400 innocent Israelis, including children and infants, refer to 10/7.
3. I have no bias, as I said before. If you think I have any explain your claim. I don't.
4. I am proud of my beliefs. Disperse Gazans, end ALL US Foreign Aid. win-win-win-win...

Forum List

Back