.02% chance of death.... thats what we are destroying our nation over

MANY deaths WERE preventable if only the unqualified moron in the WH moved faster than a post turtle
None were. We should have never locked down that you can call him a moron for. Should have been like Sweden.
That's very unlikely true. Earlier intervention would have prevented much of this disaster. We were far too slow to respond and when this is all over, we need to understand why so it won't happen again.
I disagree 100%. We should have done nothing but continue our lives as they were. With more emphasis on hospital support where needed. Trump should have never listened to the CDC or Fauci.
I have a feeling that if you were actually responsible for people’s lives, you wouldn’t have such a cavalier attitude. It’s easy to say things like that when you have a certain level of detachment.
I am responsible on the other side from the economic POV and I have donated plasma 2x now. I am Trying to help but people just dismiss the pain the lockdown is causing for many. I live that daily.
some one said many years ago NO PAIN NO GAIN
Someone is one word. Nice guys finish last.

MANY deaths WERE preventable if only the unqualified moron in the WH moved faster than a post turtle
None were. We should have never locked down that you can call him a moron for. Should have been like Sweden.
That's very unlikely true. Earlier intervention would have prevented much of this disaster. We were far too slow to respond and when this is all over, we need to understand why so it won't happen again.
I disagree 100%. We should have done nothing but continue our lives as they were. With more emphasis on hospital support where needed. Trump should have never listened to the CDC or Fauci.
I have a feeling that if you were actually responsible for people’s lives, you wouldn’t have such a cavalier attitude. It’s easy to say things like that when you have a certain level of detachment.
I am responsible on the other side from the economic POV and I have donated plasma 2x now. I am Trying to help but people just dismiss the pain the lockdown is causing for many. I live that daily.
Do you really think economic pain is comparable to illness and death? I don’t.
If it's one of their own I'm sure they'll change their thinking
My own are suffering economic malaise. Not sure what you mean by “their own”?

0.02% of the entire country today has died as a result of COVID. That’s out of everyone, not just the infected.
Congrats, you have passed 4th grade math!
The point is, that this isn’t over. It’s actually a long way from being over. We aren’t shutting down the country because of the people that HAVE died. We are doing it to protect the people that WILL die. We are fighting to prevent 0.02% from becoming 0.1% or 1%.
No, we are not. The policy is wrong and will cost more lives than if no policy had been put in place.
That doesn’t seem likely. Did you see what happened in New York? Do you want that everywhere?
NY was an anomaly. Again odds of you dying if you’re under 59 are very slim.
NY was what happens when the virus takes hold before mitigation.
No. NYC happens when you infect nursing homes at a rapid rate. They are an outlier. Didn’t happen anywhere else in the country. And still 98% of those who died are those who either old and or very unhealthy. We can protect them and open the country. They were wrong in terms of how many hospital beds and ventilators they would need. Need to follow Sweden’s model.

Nursing homes are everywhere dude. Unhealthy people are everywhere. Old people are everywhere.

The more you open up the country, the harder it is to protect them. Old, unhealthy, nursing home patients cannot exist in isolation. They are almost by definition reliant on others for activities of daily life.
And they can remain on lockdown. The rest of us should be able to go out and give the economy a boost. Set up testing at nursing homes to test those going in (workers). Vaccines are not 100% effective. When would you reopen?

Id reopen when we can identify, trace and isolate cases, like you do with any outbreak.

It’ll happen. It won’t be that long.
How long. Guesstimate.
Different place to place. Depends on how competent your state is.

I’m not a big fan of the “Jesus take the wheel” approach.
0.02% of the entire country today has died as a result of COVID. That’s out of everyone, not just the infected.
We are all going to get infected sooner or later

and those with underlying medical conditions will die from it

but everyone else will survive just as humans always have
I don't believe that's true. Not everyone gets the flu every year.
True

some of us may postpone the inevitable for two years

But sooner or later...
There's nothing inevitable about it.
I suppose total isolation in space might keep the chinese disease at bay

but here on earth only one person out of a million can live in total isolation
It doesn't require total isolation. It requires contact tracing and testing. Find out who has it, isolate them, find out who they possibly gave it to, test them, isolate those that turn out to be infect, etc. etc. etc. Find the disease, track it, end it.
Or spread it and allow for herd immunity.

Lets say there are 100 of us and 25 are old or at risk. We protect the 25 but we 75 go out. We all get it and then the virus has nowhere to go and dies out and then we release the remaining 25.

The very fact that 75 out of 100 has it means the 25 aren’t protected.
That’s how it always works. Healthy protect the vulnerable.
Here that’s what I thought we were doing by social distancing. The healthy are sacrificing to protect the vulnerable. Yet, what I’m hearing is that the healthy should not be “punished” and shouldn’t have to protect the vulnerable, who are only a very small percentage.
we protect them better by garnering herd immunity. This was supposed to flatten the curve not lockdown til there is a cure. By garnering herd immunity we protect the vulnerable. By doing what we are doing now we prolong the pain for everyone. ECONOMIC Pain is real. It’s lives vs lives not $$$ vs lives
There never was a curve to flatten. Even in the hardest hit New York where the deaths were deliberate the hospitals were never really overwhelmed.
Never overwhelmed? That's nonsense. They were totally overwhelmed. They were flying in doctors/nurses from all over the country. They had built hundreds of ICU beds into makeshift units in OR suites. It was nuts.
just because they brought in extra resources doesnt mean they were overwhelmed,,,only a few of the hospitals were overwhelmed while others barely saw an increase
if you look into it you will find that most of those resources werent used and later dismantled and went back from where they came,,,
Sorry dude, but I know people who were in the thick of it. It was a disaster.
I call bullshit!
Good for you.
Way to back up your position, faggot. Not!

You're a derp moron.

I have a feeling you're a leftist faggot cocksucker!

I know I'm right on the money with that!

It makes one think there might be ulterior and maybe even nefarious motives.

The old adage, “Follow the money,” might apply.

No. I don't believe there is a nefarious motive.

It's simply their ideology. To the left-wing, and the toddlerism belief that mommy government will save us with her tits, this is what they believe.

They believe government can fix all. Government can save all. Government can prevent all bad from happening in the universe. To the toddler left-wingers, mommy government will fix all and save us from the big bad Corona.

And you also see this, with their blind unthinking acceptance of any proclamation from anyone who is called an "expert".

So no, it's not some grand evil scheme. You guys are putting way to much credit into mindless politicians, who are doing whatever they can to make themselves look better.

No this is simply the sad pathetic truth of how Americans as a culture have degenerated into a bunch of mentally disabled toddlers still trying to suckle mommy governments tits for protection, even into their 50s and 60s.

Americans have turned into adult babies. It's that simple. That's what we are seeing here.

That’s not what is happening at all. Donald Trump is looting the treasury for himself and his friends. His campaign managers company got a bailout loan. As did many of his campaign suppliers and donors.

Trump doesn’t want this to end. Unsupervised access to billions of dollars. Heaven for a crook like Trump and his cronies.

It's simply their ideology. To the left-wing, and the toddlerism belief that mommy government will save us with her tits, this is what they believe.

They believe government can fix all. Government can save all. Government can prevent all bad from happening in the universe. To the toddler left-wingers, mommy government will fix all and save us from the big bad Corona.

And you also see this, with their blind unthinking acceptance of any proclamation from anyone who is called an "expert".

So no, it's not some grand evil scheme. You guys are putting way to much credit into mindless politicians, who are doing whatever they can to make themselves look better.

No this is simply the sad pathetic truth of how Americans as a culture have degenerated into a bunch of mentally disabled toddlers still trying to suckle mommy governments tits for protection, even into their 50s and 60s.

Americans have turned into adult babies. It's that simple. That's what we are seeing here.

That’s not what is happening at all. Donald Trump is looting the treasury for himself and his friends. His campaign managers company got a bailout loan. As did many of his campaign suppliers and donors.

Trump doesn’t want this to end. Unsupervised access to billions of dollars. Heaven for a crook like Trump and his cronies.
Nothing of that statement was factual.

Go take your delusional Canuck ass a nap. You are very far from the truth.

A faggot is your president.

I love it when you pile hate on my posts:

This is criminality at a time when the country is facing one of the biggest crises of its history.

That is the weapon of choice for the left. That is the manner in which we will cause the total collapse of our own nation.

The fact that most people never even know they've had the virus and they recover from their symptomless death sentence of .02% means what in the big picture?

Do you refuse to get behind the wheel of a car because of the risk of death?
Do you refuse to live ANYWHERE where natural disasters regularly threaten lives?
Do you refuse to fly on a plane because of the risk of crashing?
Do you refuse to go swimming because of the risk of drowning?

I'm guessing you answered no to all those yet for some inexplicable reason you are scared to death of a viruse with a super low mortality rate...

Why?

Using a bit of common sense leads me to the conclusion that many are doing it to hurt Trump.

Yeah more will get sick. That is the nature of life and the risks it has ALWAYS posed. The mortality rate is still absurdly low for the archaic reactions of the left.

I'll feel more comfortable fully participating in the economy once there is the appropriate widespread testing, effective therapies and a vaccine. Right now we have none of that. I don't believe the Trump administration is capable, or even has any interest in providing any of that. And there is still much we do not know about this novel virus.

Plus Trump has convinced his cult followers that masks are for babies and social distancing is the devil.

So I think I'll hang back for awhile. But you do you, Grandpa. Go on and get a haircut and a tattoo. Cough all over each other. Touch your face. Shake hands. It'll be good for your immunity.

Let's shut down the economy until there is a Vaccine for AIDs too.

We'd be a third world country by now, if we had shut down the economy since the 1980s waiting for a vaccine.

You don't know if there is going to be a vaccine. You don't know if there is going to be a treatment for the infected. You don't even know if there will actually be a wide spread effective method for testing.

You don't know any of that. How many people have to lose their lives, to saticify your demands that may never be met?

Don't you care? You don't give a crap about people dying, as long as you get what you want?

Doesn't that make you a selfish uncaring bastard?
I'm not demanding anything, dotard.

I am telling you what *I* will do. I will follow the recommendations of doctors and science.

You can do whatever the hell you want. Lick a toilet, suck your fingers, cough in each other's mouths, share cigarettes.

See, thats where you're screwed up. You automatically think since someone isn't going to take a vaccine or wear a mask....that they're going to go suck on toilets, rush to the aisle where people are hacking up lungs etc. Basically, you're mad and lashing out at people who arent willing to go along with your tin pot authoritarians.

I love it when you pile hate on my posts:

This is criminality at a time when the country is facing one of the biggest crises of its history.
A) You live in Canada
B) Yes, the leftists that pushed this BS should hang.

Whatcha think about that?

I say it's hanging time.

Lot's of Dims got bailouts as well, moron. That's how it works: everyone who qualifies gets one. What rules would you like to change, no Republicans can get bailed out?

You'll be on lockdown until nobody dies from anything ! Go put on your mask !

I loved the mayor of LA's statement that the lockdown will not be lifted until they go 14 days with no coronavirus deaths. They don't go 14 days with no influenza deaths, and haven't in literally decades, if I remember correctly, but they've never locked down the city over it. Hell, they can't go 14 days with no traffic fatalities, but I don't see them suggesting a ban on driving.

I’ve been traveling in my motorhome from Florida to Michigan, the past two weeks. The dumb fuck governors in most states have closed the state parks. Apparently they think camping means people are on top of each other. WTF!

Pretty sure the exact opposite was the entire point of camping.

The point is, that this isn’t over. It’s actually a long way from being over. We aren’t shutting down the country because of the people that HAVE died. We are doing it to protect the people that WILL die. We are fighting to prevent 0.02% from becoming 0.1% or 1%.
Oh look, another medical expert.

Yeah, Trump is funnelling millions to big corporations. He wants to keep this going so he and his buddies can loot the treasury. No oversight on the distribution. Trump fired the IG doing oversight. That's dirty as hell.

Oh, TRUMP is? And now you're going to explain in detail how Trump specifically is doing this, right? Something more than just, "I want to believe everything in America is bad, and I want to believe it's all Trump's personal fault . . . because ORANGE MAN BAAAAAD!!!"

You'll be on lockdown until nobody dies from anything ! Go put on your mask !

I loved the mayor of LA's statement that the lockdown will not be lifted until they go 14 days with no coronavirus deaths. They don't go 14 days with no influenza deaths, and haven't in literally decades, if I remember correctly, but they've never locked down the city over it. Hell, they can't go 14 days with no traffic fatalities, but I don't see them suggesting a ban on driving.
The new rule is that only coronavirus deaths matter. Otherwise, 2 million deaths are A-OK with the lockdown clones.

No, we are not. The policy is wrong and will cost more lives than if no policy had been put in place.
That doesn’t seem likely. Did you see what happened in New York? Do you want that everywhere?
NY was an anomaly. Again odds of you dying if you’re under 59 are very slim.
NY was what happens when the virus takes hold before mitigation.
No. NYC happens when you infect nursing homes at a rapid rate. They are an outlier. Didn’t happen anywhere else in the country. And still 98% of those who died are those who either old and or very unhealthy. We can protect them and open the country. They were wrong in terms of how many hospital beds and ventilators they would need. Need to follow Sweden’s model.

Nursing homes are everywhere dude. Unhealthy people are everywhere. Old people are everywhere.

The more you open up the country, the harder it is to protect them. Old, unhealthy, nursing home patients cannot exist in isolation. They are almost by definition reliant on others for activities of daily life.
And they can remain on lockdown. The rest of us should be able to go out and give the economy a boost. Set up testing at nursing homes to test those going in (workers). Vaccines are not 100% effective. When would you reopen?

Id reopen when we can identify, trace and isolate cases, like you do with any outbreak.

It’ll happen. It won’t be that long.
How long. Guesstimate.
Different place to place. Depends on how competent your state is.

I’m not a big fan of the “Jesus take the wheel” approach.
We are all going to get infected sooner or later

and those with underlying medical conditions will die from it

but everyone else will survive just as humans always have
I don't believe that's true. Not everyone gets the flu every year.
True

some of us may postpone the inevitable for two years

But sooner or later...
There's nothing inevitable about it.
I suppose total isolation in space might keep the chinese disease at bay

but here on earth only one person out of a million can live in total isolation
It doesn't require total isolation. It requires contact tracing and testing. Find out who has it, isolate them, find out who they possibly gave it to, test them, isolate those that turn out to be infect, etc. etc. etc. Find the disease, track it, end it.
Or spread it and allow for herd immunity.

Lets say there are 100 of us and 25 are old or at risk. We protect the 25 but we 75 go out. We all get it and then the virus has nowhere to go and dies out and then we release the remaining 25.

The very fact that 75 out of 100 has it means the 25 aren’t protected.
That’s how it always works. Healthy protect the vulnerable.
Here that’s what I thought we were doing by social distancing. The healthy are sacrificing to protect the vulnerable. Yet, what I’m hearing is that the healthy should not be “punished” and shouldn’t have to protect the vulnerable, who are only a very small percentage.
we protect them better by garnering herd immunity. This was supposed to flatten the curve not lockdown til there is a cure. By garnering herd immunity we protect the vulnerable. By doing what we are doing now we prolong the pain for everyone. ECONOMIC Pain is real. It’s lives vs lives not $$$ vs lives
There never was a curve to flatten. Even in the hardest hit New York where the deaths were deliberate the hospitals were never really overwhelmed.
Never overwhelmed? That's nonsense. They were totally overwhelmed. They were flying in doctors/nurses from all over the country. They had built hundreds of ICU beds into makeshift units in OR suites. It was nuts.
just because they brought in extra resources doesnt mean they were overwhelmed,,,only a few of the hospitals were overwhelmed while others barely saw an increase
if you look into it you will find that most of those resources werent used and later dismantled and went back from where they came,,,
Sorry dude, but I know people who were in the thick of it. It was a disaster.
I call bullshit!
Good for you.
They say it was a disaster but it was not. I want More statistical data such as how close to death were those who ultimately died from this. Such as those in nursing homes who had months or weeks to live anyway. Average age there is 85 and average life span is 80 in the US.
This statement suggests their lives aren’t as valuable.
They aren’t. They have lived 2x my lifespan. I’d gladly give up my life for my kids for example. Doesn’t mean I want to kill people but I want to make it as palatable as possible for everyone. Deaths are part of life. We have a car accident every 30 minutes in the US but we don’t stop driving.
We don’t treat them as less valuable.

Why can’t I drive 120 MPH down the interstate? I got a new car. I’d love to open it up.

I’ve been traveling in my motorhome from Florida to Michigan, the past two weeks. The dumb fuck governors in most states have closed the state parks. Apparently they think camping means people are on top of each other. WTF!
I now get to go on my camping trip to Voyageurs National Park. Most campsites are miles apart on the large lakes and boat access only. No reason to not be open. Rustic primitive camping is open in MN, with campgrounds expected in two weeks.

Oh look, another medical expert.
Well, kinda. Spent a lot of time and money getting to where I’m at.

Go take your delusional Canuck ass a nap. You are very far from the truth.

A faggot is your president.

First off, I've already posted the links that prove that Trump and his buddies are looting the Treasury, but here they are again. That's why Trump and Mnuchin fired the guy who was supposed to do oversight and put in their own guy.

Found another one:

Then there's this one:

I guess you call Trudeau a faggot because of the way Trump's women look at him:

trudeau-kiss.jpg
trudeau-kiss.jpg

Forum List

Back