1/3 of U.S. honeybee colonies died last year

This is as much our congress's fault as anyone for not putting in stricter laws governing this crap.

But you voted for trump.

Why don't RWNJs understand that they are killing themselves with their own votes???

Elsewhere, some of you are whining about Geo Soros giving his money to a cause he belies in and yet,my his is exactly what you damn fools voted for.

SMH

[emoji37]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Nobody cares about this.......every few years, we have this kind of die-off of bee's. And every time, the k00ks get angst.
It's all good until there is no food. Then firearms, money, and a lack of regulations will count for nothing
America’s beekeepers watched as a third of the country’s honeybee colonies were lost over the last year, part of a decade-long die-off experts said may threaten our food supply. The annual survey of roughly 5,000 beekeepers showed the 33% dip from April 2016 to April 2017. The decrease is small compared to the survey’s previous 10 years, when the decrease hovered at roughly 40%. From 2012 to 2013, nearly half of the nation’s colonies died. “I would stop short of calling this

1/3 of U.S. Honeybee Colonies Died Last Year
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the bees die mankind dies, and no their fkd up robotic little bees are not going to work as they sell that monsanto bs to these idiots who think they will be just as good. NOTHING CAN REPLACE NATURE nor WORK like nature.

Everything has balance and when it is disrupted things begin to collapse. .................Including people going fkn gay for the hell of it or turning into tranny's for the hell of it.
Can't be a good thing, can it? I assume when we run out of food everyone will be kind to each other and share like Jesus taught.

This is as much our congress's fault as anyone for not putting in stricter laws governing this crap.

But you voted for trump.

Why don't RWNJs understand that they are killing themselves with their own votes???

Elsewhere, some of you are whining about Geo Soros giving his money to a cause he belies in and yet,my his is exactly what you damn fools voted for.

SMH

[emoji37]

Really so the Dems did a hell of a job putting in regs to stop these chemical massacres? Nah they were too f'ing busy telling other people how they should think, what their children would do and how others will be or else, GFY.

Last edited:
Ah yes, those damned government regulations again. But endangering our food supply is not a wise thing to do.

I've wondered if that moron Monsanto created a species of pest that would intentionally survive pesticides so in turn he would making billions of his miracle round up spray , and two his magic seeds that bugs just oh never touch Frankenfruit , you know the genetically modified, then we have his seeds that will not grow again.

His bs are creating bs crops, killing farm animals etc. or at least genetically messing them up.

Another damn RWNJ who voted to let Monsanto coat his food with poison and not allow farmers to use seed savers.

How many of you damn brainless fools have a Roundup in your garden supples"

You need to be really glad we're not face to face because ibswaervto fucking god, id slap the stupid out of you.

[emoji90]

Nobody cares about this.......every few years, we have this kind of die-off of bee's. And every time, the k00ks get angst.
It's all good until there is no food. Then firearms, money, and a lack of regulations will count for nothing
America’s beekeepers watched as a third of the country’s honeybee colonies were lost over the last year, part of a decade-long die-off experts said may threaten our food supply. The annual survey of roughly 5,000 beekeepers showed the 33% dip from April 2016 to April 2017. The decrease is small compared to the survey’s previous 10 years, when the decrease hovered at roughly 40%. From 2012 to 2013, nearly half of the nation’s colonies died. “I would stop short of calling this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the bees die mankind dies, and no their fkd up robotic little bees are not going to work as they sell that monsanto bs to these idiots who think they will be just as good. NOTHING CAN REPLACE NATURE nor WORK like nature.

Everything has balance and when it is disrupted things begin to collapse. .................Including people going fkn gay for the hell of it or turning into tranny's for the hell of it.
Can't be a good thing, can it? I assume when we run out of food everyone will be kind to each other and share like Jesus taught.
Actually many small church groups throughout the country already do that but being y'all think you know what ALL christians are like and what they should be doing according to y'alls precepts so you probably don't know this do you.

Not only do they attack they don't make lots of honey we like a whole lot.
I can't make mead without honey. I make some kick-ass mead.

We gave away our last bottle of mead.

Thank the stupid RWNJs for the end your mead making.

Although, you could raise your own bees. We had bees at the house we just sold, gave them to a friend. We have new hives here which we plan to bait this year, or might just buy bees.

And hope they survive.

More hyperbole?

The most essential staple food crops on the planet, like corn, wheat, rice, soybeans and sorghum, need no insect help at all; they are wind-pollinated or self-pollinating. Other staple food crops, like bananas and plantains, are sterile and propagated from cuttings, requiring no pollination of any form, ever. Further, foods such as root vegetables and salad crops will produce a useful food crop without pollination, though they may not set seed; and hybrids do not even require insect pollination to produce seeds for the next generation, because hybrid production is always human-pollinated. Many of the most desirable and common non-hybrid crops, like heirloom tomatoes, are self-pollinated, which is what makes their cultivar stable.

List of crop plants pollinated by bees - Wikipedia

The honeybees being used for commercial use aren't even indigenous to North America, nor are the crops they pollinating. The bee keepers keep them pumped full of drugs to keep them alive from the insecticides needed to keep the non-indigenous crops alive. They also transport these bees around the country in horrid conditions so most die off then, the dead bees then infect the survivors, and more drugs are needed. So there is no "mystery" at all, it's an entire eco system being kept artificially alive.

The industry's best bet is to use Africanized bees as they are much more robust against natural diseases and insecticides, thus not needed the drugs to keep them alive artificially.

View attachment 129183

The danger was overhyped when they first came out. If left alone they are fine. Professional bee keepers can remove them and use them. If they put some effort into it, they can breed a less aggressive stock.

Wrong. Africanized bees are very dangerous. I saw it many times in AZ and hoping I'm gone by the time they make it this far north.

You all realize that it is American foul Brood (a very small percentage) and Varroa Mites that are causing the biggest problem with honey bees, right?

Go check out what the real experts are saying...

Beesource Beekeeping Forums

These are the people who deal with our honey bees year in and year out.

More hyperbole?

The most essential staple food crops on the planet, like corn, wheat, rice, soybeans and sorghum, need no insect help at all; they are wind-pollinated or self-pollinating. Other staple food crops, like bananas and plantains, are sterile and propagated from cuttings, requiring no pollination of any form, ever. Further, foods such as root vegetables and salad crops will produce a useful food crop without pollination, though they may not set seed; and hybrids do not even require insect pollination to produce seeds for the next generation, because hybrid production is always human-pollinated. Many of the most desirable and common non-hybrid crops, like heirloom tomatoes, are self-pollinated, which is what makes their cultivar stable.

List of crop plants pollinated by bees - Wikipedia
Did you know that social ground wasps will actually ruin the apples while they are still on the tree. They may pollinate some but not much and they are also destructive if there are too many of them. The larger and a smaller wasps and hornets actually eat aphids and other destructive pest and some of these can be beneficial.

The honeybees being used for commercial use aren't even indigenous to North America, nor are the crops they pollinating. The bee keepers keep them pumped full of drugs to keep them alive from the insecticides needed to keep the non-indigenous crops alive. They also transport these bees around the country in horrid conditions so most die off then, the dead bees then infect the survivors, and more drugs are needed. So there is no "mystery" at all, it's an entire eco system being kept artificially alive.

The industry's best bet is to use Africanized bees as they are much more robust against natural diseases and insecticides, thus not needed the drugs to keep them alive artificially.

Africanized honey bees aren't the best idea they frequently attack people esp. in Az.
Bees attacking people...I'm not seeing the downside to this, especially if we can get them to focus on those honey-sweet liberals.

Is that why you voted to kill honey bees?

[emoji849]

You all realize that it is American foul Brood (a very small percentage) and Varroa Mites that are causing the biggest problem with honey bees, right?

Yes and the weakened systems of the Bees are more susceptible to these pest and other diseases. The scientist have claim that the Varroa mite only gets on Bees but I am pretty sure they are in error as I have photographed them on moths here.

Yes and the weakened systems of the Bees are more susceptible to these pest and other diseases. The scientist have claim that the Varroa mite only gets on Bees but I am pretty sure they are in error as I have photographed them on moths here.
The issue is bees, not moths. Besides, the real problem is the mites getting into the brood comb and infecting the larvae with the disease before they emerge. That is what leads to things like shrivel wing disease and other issues of the immune system. This leads to the colony not having enough workers to fulfill the necessary functions of the hive. In addtion, the mites prefer the drone larvae because they are larger and offer more opportunities for the mites to propagate inside the hive. Then the adult female mites can hitch a ride with the drone on mating flights and infect other hives.

Right now, controlling the Varroa mite population in colonies is the largest issue facing Beeks.

If the mites are in the moths and butterflies that means that other species are carriers of the mites so it is an issue overall in the environment.

If the mites are in the moths and butterflies that means that other species are carriers of the mites so it is an issue overall in the environment.
I've never heard of Varroa mites on moths. Wax moths in the hive are a separate issue with honey bees.

I had a university video on how varroa mites propagate. Let Me see if I can find it. You can also find it on youtube.

There is a huge beekeeper gathering in England that routinely holds seminars on the husbandry of bees. Let Me see if I can find that link.

Meanwhile, here is a method for testing for Varroa mites.

Forum List

Back