🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1,748 Days since the Declaration Of "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

Those were opinions. You dont have to prove opinions, and so they can make whatever accusation they want and not have to back it up in any way.
They say so themselves.
:wtf:

Ditto. You read the link too, or are you just piling on?

Then why didn't he take Marine One chopper out there, which would be far safer, and standard operating procedure for a president of the United States.

Do you suppose Bush wanted to cynically play up a dramatic Top Gun image, of a jet carrier landing?

What a dork. He dodged service in Vietnam, but wanted to play war hero.
All of this blatant partisan bigotry is utterly irrelevant to the fact that only the truly stupid or the truly desperate would ever reach the conclusion that the Administration led or let anyone believe that Bush landed the jet, or that the carrier was anywhere other than off the coast of CA.

All of this blatant partisan bigotry is utterly irrelevant to the fact that only the truly stupid or the truly desperate would ever reach the conclusion that the Administration led or let anyone believe that Bush landed the jet, or that the carrier was anywhere other than off the coast of CA.

I never said that most people thought he did his top gun gimmick in the persian gulf.

What is blatantly obvious though, is that your president who went out of his way to dodge service in vietnam (a war he supported), got himself dressed up in a costume, and his handlers stage managed a lame ass Top Gun carrier landing, so he could play war hero, and declare victory in a war that was far from over.

Pathetic and Moronic.

I never said that most people thought he did his top gun gimmick in the persian gulf.

What is blatantly obvious though, is that your president who went out of his way to dodge service in vietnam (a war he supported), got himself dressed up in a costume, and his handlers stage managed a lame ass Top Gun carrier landing, so he could play war hero, and declare victory in a war that was far from over.

Pathetic and Moronic.

What's pathetic is people posting without a clue. When you fly aboard a combat aircraft you are REQUIRED to be in uniform; especially, if it's to a warship that is deployed in a combat status.

Please present your factual evidence that President Bush went out fo his way to avoid service in Vietnam. Oh, that's right, there isn't any.

You're dismissed.

What's pathetic is people posting without a clue. When you fly aboard a combat aircraft you are REQUIRED to be in uniform; especially, if it's to a warship that is deployed in a combat status.

Please present your factual evidence that President Bush went out fo his way to avoid service in Vietnam. Oh, that's right, there isn't any.

You're dismissed.

He didn't have to do a top gun carrier landing. The ship was right off of san diego, and he could have choppered over in civilian garb.

But, he wanted to play Tom Cruise war hero. He wanted to play Top Gun.

And the entire production was stage managed, to make it seem like Top Gun

You're dismissed.

8,700 members of the national guard were deployed to Vietnam

http://www.ngb.army.mil/About/default.aspx

During the 15 years of the Vietnam conflict, around 2.4 million troops served there, according to a study of Pentagon data by the Heritage Center for Data Analysis. Some estimates put another 1 million troops in surrounding countries during that time. The U.S. started moving new troops into the Vietnam arena in 1956 and troop levels peaked in Vietnam in 1968 when nearly a half-million troops were there. Most news reports about current military engagement focus on the number of troops in Iraq now: 150,000 are there, with another 20,000 on the ground in Afghanistan, according to the Pentagon.

The United States drafted nearly 2 million people during the Vietnam War era, according to the Selective Service System, but did not activate military reserves as the military is doing for the Iraq war.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2005/050412-gone-to-war.htm

Why do you think the rich privileged kids all wanted to get in the guard?

bush is quoted on record, by a Fort Worth newspaper, that he chose the guard, to avoid going to vietnam. A war he supported, as long as other kids went to fight it.

You're dismissed.

Here are some facts to consider:

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm#vietnam

http://foi.missouri.edu/polinfoprop/wleftguard.html

Quotes from GWB from Matt's link:

Bush on Bush

"I'm saying to myself, 'What do I want to do?' I think I don't want to be an infantry guy as a private in Vietnam. What I do decide to want to do is learn to fly."

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, 1989

"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes."

Dallas Morning News, Feb. 25, 1990

"I don't want to play like I was somebody out there marching when I wasn't. It was either Canada or the service. ... Somebody said the Guard was looking for pilots. All I know is, there weren't that many people trying to be pilots."

Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Nov. 29, 1998

I wonder if Gunny will come back and retract his statement:

"Please present your factual evidence that President Bush went out fo his way to avoid service in Vietnam. Oh, that's right, there isn't any.

You're dismissed.

I thought those bush quotes about avoiding vietnam, were fairly common knowledge to us political junkies - those that don't get all their information from Fox News.

Well...some leaders fly jet fighters and some are draft dodgers that loath the military.....thats just the way it is sometimes.....
Don't let it get to ya.....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it doesn't get to me at all.... rubbing your nose in your own partisan idiocy is quite enjoyable.

wanna talk to me about COD flights again, pussy?

it doesn't get to me at all.... rubbing your nose in your own partisan idiocy is quite enjoyable.

wanna talk to me about COD flights again, pussy?

Why would I want to talk about COD flights when the discussion is about the flight of Navy combat aircraft....

It would serve no point....

I can understand that. Unlike you, I served in three Navy Squadrons, VF174 (F-4's), VU8(S2F's and F-8's, and VU5 (helicopters), so your experience with Navy aircraft must be close to zero compared to myself....I got quite a kick out of firing up an F8 Crusader on a Sunday morning just for the fun of it....you probably enjoyed firing up those boilers too right?

If you actually think anyone that intends to take the controls of a Navy aircraft (as Bush did) does so in a sport coat and not a flight suit, we have nothing to discuss....

Quotes from GWB from Matt's link:

Bush on Bush

"I'm saying to myself, 'What do I want to do?' I think I don't want to be an infantry guy as a private in Vietnam. What I do decide to want to do is learn to fly."

Whats your point? Would you rather be an infantry rifleman as a Private or a fighter pilot?

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, 1989

"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes."

Would you go to some extreme for deferment or leave the country, or become fighter jockey? Or maybe you would have begged some Col. to write letters for you and "save" you from serving altogether...

Dallas Morning News, Feb. 25, 1990

"I don't want to play like I was somebody out there marching when I wasn't. It was either Canada or the service. ... Somebody said the Guard was looking for pilots. All I know is, there weren't that many people trying to be pilots."

I too would choose the service over Canada, how about you ?

Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Nov. 29, 1998

All sound decisions if you asked any normal person....

So you really have no point except that Bush decided to serve as a National Guard fighter pilot, an officer rather a private in the Army....seems the logic of that decision escapes you.....

How about some other famous quotes....from "guess who".............

Infamous quotes from a self-admitted draft dodger:

"First, I want to thank you, not just for saving me from the draft"

"ROTC was the one way left in which I could possibly, but not positively, avoid both Vietnam and resistance. "

"After I signed the ROTC letter of intent I began to wonder whether the compromise I had made with myself was not more objectionable than the draft would have been, because I had no interest in the ROTC program in itself and all I seemed to have done was to protect myself from physical harm."

"At that time, after we had made our agreement and you had sent my 1 - D deferment to my draft board, the anguish and loss of self-regard and self-confidence really set in"

"The decision not to be a resister and the related subsequent decisions were the most difficult of my life"

"I loathe the Military"

"Please present your factual evidence that President Bush went out fo his way to avoid service in Vietnam. Oh, that's right, there isn't any.

You're dismissed.

I thought those bush quotes about avoiding vietnam, were fairly common knowledge to us political junkies - those that don't get all their information from Fox News.

I see nothing about avoiding Vietnam, unless you ignore what the actual quote is....."not serving as private in Vietnam"....I can assure you that very few if any, want to serve as a Private anywhere....that includes Vietnam or even New Jersey.....so at least learn to read

You're dismissed.

so what you are saying is he can make a good decision.....

Why would I want to talk about COD flights when the discussion is about the flight of Navy combat aircraft....

It would serve no point....

I can understand that. Unlike you, I served in three Navy Squadrons, VF174 (F-4's), VU8(S2F's and F-8's, and VU5 (helicopters), so your experience with Navy aircraft must be close to zero compared to myself....I got quite a kick out of firing up an F8 Crusader on a Sunday morning just for the fun of it....you probably enjoyed firing up those boilers too right?

If you actually think anyone that intends to take the controls of a Navy aircraft (as Bush did) does so in a sport coat and not a flight suit, we have nothing to discuss....

I think that any commander in chief who makes the crew of an aircraft carrier on the final day of a long deployment have to trap yet another aircraft just so he gets to get dolled up in his flight suit and hold the stick on an S-3 fling straight and level and then give up the controls to a REAL pilot is a fucking pussy....

my guess is, you fired up the F8 and let real pilots ride it off.... what were you, a member of the purple gang?

I see nothing about avoiding Vietnam, unless you ignore what the actual quote is....."not serving as private in Vietnam"....I can assure you that very few if any, want to serve as a Private anywhere....that includes Vietnam or even New Jersey.....so at least learn to read

Jesus, how many blow jobs have you given bush.

Even I could admit Clinton tried to dodge vietnam. At least he did it, because he had a solid record of oppossing that stupid and unneccessary war.

But, you can't even bring yourself to admit that your hero, Bush, tried to dodge Vietnam too? LOL. And Bush supported that freakin' war.

Jesus, how many blow jobs have you given bush.

Even I could admit Clinton tried to dodge vietnam. At least he did it, because he had a solid record of oppossing that stupid and unneccessary war.

But, you can't even bring yourself to admit that your hero, Bush, tried to dodge Vietnam too? LOL. And Bush supported that freakin' war.

Show me the money, not your stupid spin on real facts...

It is a fact that many Air National Guard units served with regualr Air Force units in Vietnam....so joining the ANG was by no means a guarantee that you were immune from serving in SE Asia....actually, it was quite the contrary...

Dodge Vietnam? again, the contrary is the truth...Bush joined, while Clinton whined and begged not to serve in ANY capacity....
I would never brand any one that wore the uniform of a US military man a dodger of any kind.....you can keep your lies and spin to yourself...if you have facts...post 'em.....

Forum List

Back