🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1,748 Days since the Declaration Of "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

He needed the photo op so that bloggers could immediately start spreading the story that he "landed the aircraft in a war zone"
You're full of shit.

And that's a statement of fact, not opinion.

No one thought he was in a war zone, or off the coast of Iraq, or anywhere other than off the coast of CA as the Lincoln made her way to San Diego.

You're full of shit.

And that's a statement of fact, not opinion.

No one thought he was in a war zone, or off the coast of Iraq, or anywhere other than off the coast of CA as the Lincoln made her way to San Diego.

I guess you missed the parenthetical statement immediately following that sentence.

one renowned poster, who went by the name WilliamRLawrence stated on several occasions that Bush had landed the jet himself on a carrier in the war zone.

I guess you missed the parenthetical statement immediately following that sentence.

one renowned poster, who went by the name WilliamRLawrence stated on several occasions that Bush had landed the jet himself on a carrier in the war zone.

Funny, I don't remember any such poster. I was reading blogs at the time, big ones did understand the spin at the time, but so many others are now so 'spun' in the opposite direction they've lost any semblance of truth of what happened.

Um, only a fool would think Bush 'landed' the jet, as you can see from the picture included at this link:

http://instapundit.com/archives/009301.php

Funny, I don't remember any such poster. I was reading blogs at the time, big ones did understand the spin at the time, but so many others are now so 'spun' in the opposite direction they've lost any semblance of truth of what happened.

Um, only a fool would think Bush 'landed' the jet, as you can see from the picture included at this link:

http://instapundit.com/archives/009301.php

WRL is on fullpolitics.com and justplainpolitics.com..... and I never vouched for his intelligence, although I would definitely wager on his lack thereof.

and the facts about the distance Lincoln was away from CA was the initial reason Bush PR folks gave for having to use the S3.... a helo would have been much easier, much cheaper and much safer.

WRL is on fullpolitics.com and justplainpolitics.com..... and I never vouched for his intelligence, although I would definitely wager on his lack thereof.

and the facts about the distance Lincoln was away from CA was the initial reason Bush PR folks gave for having to use the S3.... a helo would have been much easier, much cheaper and much safer.

Did you notice the diversity of opinion linked to at the site? Some thought that day the spin was over the top, others differed. The MSM wonders why they are no longer trusted. Find news articles of that day from MSM, no glowing reports, but nothing about the hype. They took their time then started literally spinning it into the unrecognizable and KNEW IT.

Now you have the sense to look at something and say, 'Ok, you have a point.' So do I. Many of those that 'agree' with us are just sheep, from both sides. It gets tiresome and is dangerous to our country.

Only the truly stupid or the truly desperate would ever reach the conclusion that the Administration led or let anyone believe that Bush landed the jet, or that the carrier was anywhere other than off the coast of CA.

Did you notice the diversity of opinion linked to at the site? Some thought that day the spin was over the top, others differed. The MSM wonders why they are no longer trusted. Find news articles of that day from MSM, no glowing reports, but nothing about the hype. They took their time then started literally spinning it into the unrecognizable and KNEW IT.

Now you have the sense to look at something and say, 'Ok, you have a point.' So do I. Many of those that 'agree' with us are just sheep, from both sides. It gets tiresome and is dangerous to our country.

everyone spins everything. both sides are guilty, because the sheep that follow both parties (like RSR, for example) lap up what is fed to them and don't take the time to understand they are being "had".

everyone spins everything. both sides are guilty, because the sheep that follow both parties (like RSR, for example) lap up what is fed to them and don't take the time to understand they are being "had".

Agreed. The MSM certainly may do so on editorial pages, but it's become much more widespread.

I grant there are bloggers on the right and left that are no more than spin machines, I'm careful in what I take more seriously.

Only the truly stupid or the truly desperate would ever reach the conclusion that the Administration led or let anyone believe that Bush landed the jet, or that the carrier was anywhere other than off the coast of CA.

I reached the conclusion that some hardcore republican posters said exactly that.

I know for a fact that, once it was known that the Lincoln could be immediately offshore at the time of the event - and that was known at least a day in advance - Bush could have more easily, more safely, (and more efficiently for the crew of the Lincoln) used a helicopter to transit to the carrier. He did not because he wanted to put on a macho show for voters - at taxpayer expense. Most dignitaries who fly out to carriers, do so on a modified S3 COD that carries passengers - and they don't have to wear a flight suit!

I'm sure he'll be crying in his beer tonight over the loss.:rofl:
Either that or pecking away at his keyboard, naked and frustrated. Oh wait, here he is now:

LOki.jpg

So, do you classify yourself as truly stupid or truly desperate?

neither. I merely noted that there were many who were both.... and posted accordingly. I laughed at them, just like I laughed at Georgie getting all dolled up in a flight suit to make a five minute ride on an aircraft that ferries folks all the time in their khakis!

OK, so you DONT agree with the claim that:

Right?

that depends on who you suggest was doing the leading.

I have never suggested, nor do I believe, that the administration ever lead anyone to believe that Bush was landing off the coast of Iraq.

many republican posters certainly did.

No we weren't. Not even close.
Only soneone REALLY not paying attention would have EVER thought that, and I DEFY you to show where anyone even remotely hinted at the idea that the USS Lincoln was off the coast of Iraq.

But when the event took place the Media did not say that this was off the coast of San Diego. The implications were that it was in the ME. It was a well played deception.

Why turn the Lincoln so the California coast would not appear in the landing shot if not to imply the ship was still in hostile waters?

But when the event took place the Media did not say that this was off the coast of San Diego. The implications were that it was in the ME. It was a well played deception.
Please: Cite for me anything that in any way leads to the impression that the USS Lincoln was anywhere BUT off the coast of CA.

Why turn the Lincoln so the California coast would not appear in the landing shot if not to imply the ship was still in hostile waters?

Let's see... the excerpt from the White House site datelined San Diego, as did every news article I saw. So, who are these people that would be 'fooled'? Must be not so bright. :eusa_shifty:

neither. I merely noted that there were many who were both.... and posted accordingly. I laughed at them, just like I laughed at Georgie getting all dolled up in a flight suit to make a five minute ride on an aircraft that ferries folks all the time in their khakis!

ferries folks all the time in their khakis?

Is that right ? Your blow hole erupting again, Tinkerbell ???

I see Bush and 2 other pilots...all in flight suits...and I understand there was also a secret service guy aboard the plane, presumably also in a flight suit....an S3B Viking...a Navy, carrier based combat aircraft.....that ferries no one "all the time"....and I'd say never anyone without wearing a flight suit.....

but if you can PROVE otherwise, I'd like to read all about it, Tinker....

ferries folks all the time in their khakis?

Is that right ? Your blow hole erupting again, Tinkerbell ???

I see Bush and 2 other pilots...all in flight suits...and I understand there was also a secret service guy aboard the plane, presumably also in a flight suit....an S3B Viking...a Navy, carrier based combat aircraft.....that ferries no one "all the time"....and I'd say never anyone without wearing a flight suit.....

but if you can PROVE otherwise, I'd like to read all about it, Tinker....

you should read about the US-3A COD variant of the S-3. It ferried folks in khakis all the time. I rode it three or four times out or back to the Ike while on active duty - each time in khakis. Do you REALLY want to try to "out-Navy" me? think about it.

http://www.vectorsite.net/avs3.html

Forum List

Back