🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1 In 10 Female University Of Oregon Students Say They've Been Raped, Do You Buy It ?

Drinking at a college party until you can't forcefully resist isn't rape.

Afraid it is...in any court in the land
If 10% of college girls in this country have been raped then we have a serious problem.
Of course..However, like the race card, the "rape" card has been played so often and with such recklessness, that the entire concept of 'what is rape' has been called into question.
The same questions are now being asked about what truly defines sexual harassment.

Obviously not one in ten women are mugged and forced to have sex, so it's likely that the majority of these situations are probably date rape, or students at a party and things getting out of hand.
there was not rape charges
So my question is, do you think there's ever a point where the behavior by women has got to be part of the situation ?

Recently here on our U of O campus, three basketball players were not prosecuted for rape, but were kicked out of school. Some in the community including the victim, were outraged that rape charges were not filed. It became a big local story.
Thing is when you read about the victims behavior, while I won't use the cliché term "she was asking for it", but I will say that her reported behavior led to being in an extremely vulnerable position.

Victim blaming isn't unusual. And our rape culture in the US has people ascribing some responsibility onto the victims of this and other crimes as with 'she was in a vulnerable position.' Or, she shouldn't have walked down that dark alleyway. It's an attempt to justify the act of rape whether intentional or not, and is why there IS a rape culture increasingly common in this and other countries. It's symptomatic of a larger issue with how we treat women. If you marginalize a group, a sex, an ethnicity, crimes against them become more pallatable. "It's ok to round up and deport the Jews because they're all greedy and out to ruin Germany" was one way they marginalized the Jews in the 30s. Today, we see this tactic repeating with how a victim of rape is the one to blame for being raped because she was in a bad place, dressed provocatively, or got drunkk and flirtatious.

This is part of the liberal war on heterosexuality. They want men to fear having sex with women.
Remember the case of the two girls, one 18( Adult) and the other 15( child) who had a sexual relationship?
The older one( adult) was charged with unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. Of course the next thing was a shit storm brought by the lesbian community and radical feminists. Even groups representing male gays stepped in....ALL in defense of the activity.
I found it amazing how the hypocrisy and the politicization of the issue was brought by the left.
The issue boiled down to how these liberal groups wanted gays and heterosexuals to be treated differently.....To THEIR benefit.

Obviously not one in ten women are mugged and forced to have sex, so it's likely that the majority of these situations are probably date rape, or students at a party and things getting out of hand.
So my question is, do you think there's ever a point where the behavior by women has got to be part of the situation ?

Recently here on our U of O campus, three basketball players were not prosecuted for rape, but were kicked out of school. Some in the community including the victim, were outraged that rape charges were not filed. It became a big local story.
Thing is when you read about the victims behavior, while I won't use the cliché term "she was asking for it", but I will say that her reported behavior led to being in an extremely vulnerable position.

Victim blaming isn't unusual. And our rape culture in the US has people ascribing some responsibility onto the victims of this and other crimes as with 'she was in a vulnerable position.' Or, she shouldn't have walked down that dark alleyway. It's an attempt to justify the act of rape whether intentional or not, and is why there IS a rape culture increasingly common in this and other countries. It's symptomatic of a larger issue with how we treat women. If you marginalize a group, a sex, an ethnicity, crimes against them become more pallatable. "It's ok to round up and deport the Jews because they're all greedy and out to ruin Germany" was one way they marginalized the Jews in the 30s. Today, we see this tactic repeating with how a victim of rape is the one to blame for being raped because she was in a bad place, dressed provocatively, or got drunkk and flirtatious.
Rape culture....You use that term as though there has been a conclusion that such a thing exists.
"It's symptomatic of a larger issue with how we treat women.".....First, I think you're full of shit.
Second....Speak for yourself....."How WE treat women"....Da fuck?
And please don't waste my time blathering on about Rap lyrics.
Today's woman is more liberated than ever. Women have more power than men. Women make up a near super majority of college undergrads and earn more than 60% of masters degrees and 52% of all doctorate degrees.
And this nonsense touted by feminists about how women are objectified in entertainment and advertising? For the most part, it is these women themselves that desire the attention, money and fame these things bring. Women have been using their sexuality, appearance and now are combining that with their intellect to the best of their ability and advantage....To that I say simply...so what!

Current studies indicate that 6.66 % of women under 30 who get raped get raped by tentacle monsters that escaped from Japan.

Yet, for some reason, among the women who get raped by tentacle monsters, 66.6% survive the ordeal.

But there is only a .666% chance that they will ever enjoy "normal" sex with a man again.

Afterward. Either participant can say 'no' until the choice is removed.

Afterward it's either a regretful learning opportunity or not.

Sometimes it can take months or years to figure it out, sometimes you know right away... but it should always be your choice.

:dunno: WYGD?​

Modern feminist logic found on the internet:

Just today, some man raped next to me on the bus and raped me how I was doing. I told him I was doing bad and feeling super depressed and suicidal because my date blew me off. He raped at me right in the eyes and told me... wait for it... "I'm sure that HE doesn't know what HE'S missing out on. You seem like a fantastic person".

Can you believe it?!? That cishet male scum rapessumed that just because I have a female body, my partner is a MALE. Absolutely, horrifying the that right now, in the year 2014, people think that just because my partner has a penis, he is a male. I bet that rapist probably thinks that I am a woman just because I have a female body!

The world needs to wake up and accept it; I am a trigendered omni-sexual that just HAPPENS to have a female body. My partner is a female to degendered-transmale that HAPPENS to have a male body.

Most of you sick right wing puppies probably couldn't make it with a woman anyway, so you have to post this crap to get even with them.
Idiotic post. Off topic. hateful.

Actually....

Both his post and the one he quoted are hateful, that's true....

But neither one of them is off-topic, so neither breaks a rule.

It's o.k. to be a verbal prick, as long as you stay on topic and within the rules. :thup:

Welcome to America. :beer:

Okay Mr. Metrosexual.

Most of you sick right wing puppies probably couldn't make it with a woman anyway, so you have to post this crap to get even with them.

Actually....

But neither one of them off-topic, so neither breaks a rule.

It's o.k. to be a verbal prick, as long as you stay on topic and within the rules. :thup:

I was responding to hateful remarks about women. It's been my experience that losers that can't make it with women make up a large percentage of misogynists.

Actually....

I was responding to hateful remarks about women. It's been my experience that losers that can't make it with women make up a large percentage of misogynists.
I agree with this. Not all men who dislike women are men who are unable to have a decent relationship with a woman, but, very often, men who cannot manage to have a decent relationship with a woman manifest misogynistic thinking toward women. That's what I have observed. They are rejected a lot and that turns into hatred toward women because they blame the woman instead of looking inward to understand the problem.

1 In 10 Female University Of Oregon Students Say They've Been Raped, Do You Buy It ?

No.

Actually....

I agree with this. Not all men who dislike women are men who are unable to have a decent relationship with a woman, but, very often, men who cannot manage to have a decent relationship with a woman manifest misogynistic thinking toward women. That's what I have observed. They are rejected a lot and that turns into hatred toward women because they blame the woman instead of looking inward to understand the problem.
The same applies for women.
This condition is not limited to one gender.

Actually....

No you weren't.

Forum List

Back