10 states where Obamacare wipes out existing healthcare plans

Doctors refuse to take on Medicare patients......why can't they refuse Obamacare patients as well.....?

Or is there something in the ACA that tells doctors they must work for the government...?

"Obamacare patients", by definition, have private health insurance. Why would a doctor refuse them?

The insurance plans you can buy on the exchanges are no different than the insurance you get from your employer.

then why are people losing their doctors.....?

They're not.

"Obamacare patients", by definition, have private health insurance. Why would a doctor refuse them?

The insurance plans you can buy on the exchanges are no different than the insurance you get from your employer.

then why are people losing their doctors.....?

They're not.

did you even read the original article posted on this thread....?

here's another source...

Patient advocates say the exclusion of one of Missouri’s top hospital systems from policies offered by the region’s biggest insurer under the Affordable Care Act could hinder treatment for some patients and force others to switch doctors.

The network for the Anthem BlueCross BlueShield plans, which will be sold through Missouri’s “Obamacare” marketplace, does not include BJC HealthCare and its 13 hospitals -- among them Barnes-Jewish Hospital, the area’s premier academic medical center, and St. Louis Children’s Hospital.

The plans are similar to “narrow networks” assembled elsewhere by Anthem and other insurers to bypass higher-priced health systems and offer more-affordable coverage. But consumer advocates worry tighter networks will disrupt care and limit access for middle- and lower-income consumers, many sicker than average.

With only one other insurer besides Anthem planning to sell policies through the exchange in eastern Missouri, the region will have some of the most limited choices anywhere under the health act’s marquee innovation, new federal data show. The other insurance company has not been identified.

Anthem recently briefed insurance brokers on its Missouri network.

“We knew it was going to be narrow but it surprised us” about the hospitals left out, said Adam Berkowitz, a benefits consultant with Caravus. “It was kind of eye-opening.”

Consumer Groups Criticize Anthem?s Narrow Network In Missouri?s Obamacare Marketplace - Kaiser Health News

How dare business conduct...business. I am sure that all of you Rightyloons would keep your insurance available right?

That was rhetorical......

By 2018 ALL traditional insurance plans through the employer are supposed to wiped out.

ALL OF THEM.

so the admitted goal is to wipe out one sixth of our free market economy and place it under government control.....? link...?

ACA law

C'Mon now....we all know that this has been the plan from day one. A complete takeover (or hijacking) of private insurance to turn us into the United Kingdom.

To all those doe-eyed kids who stood behind Barry swooning - enjoy your new healthcare. I PROMISE you - you will regret the day this so called "Affordable" Health care BS came into being.

Unfortunately (if it isn't already) it will be too late to do a damned thing about it.

Christ. I was just looking at another thread with folks from Facebook.

Are those decutables for real??

If so. Who the hell can afford to pay em??

Also anyone who want the Govt. i.e. Single payer, running the HC system in this country has got to be insane. The Govt has never run anything cheaply or well. Good God.

Also anyone who want the Govt. i.e. Single payer, running the HC system in this country has got to be insane. The Govt has never run anything cheaply or well. Good God.

which begs the question why would you want to pay insurance costs ON TOP of the deductibles if you are in decent health....?

i heard that an average 27 yo will pay almost $200 per month in premiums.....who in their right mind is going to pay $2,000 a year if they can get away with $95 a year in fines....or even $350.....?

the ER is still there....

That's what I have been saying all along. The deductibles will bankrupt the average person. Sure, the PLAN is cheap - like following a wolf into his den. However, if you need hospital services - it will KILL you. Prescription prices will KILL you. Doctor services will KILL you.

These idiots truly believed that they could buy OBarrycare for, say $150 a month and it would actually cover something. It DOES NOT.

Again, if you are a young person, good for you. You guys rarely have much going on medically. However, it doesn't last. As you get older, more and more services are required. God help you if you get a disease such as cancer, or even type II diabetes or any number of a hundred diseases as you grow older. IT WILL BANKRUPT YOU.

That's what I have been saying all along. The deductibles will bankrupt the average person. Sure, the PLAN is cheap - like following a wolf into his den. However, if you need hospital services - it will KILL you. Prescription prices will KILL you. Doctor services will KILL you.

These idiots truly believed that they could buy OBarrycare for, say $150 a month and it would actually cover something. It DOES NOT.

Again, if you are a young person, good for you. You guys rarely have much going on medically. However, it doesn't last. As you get older, more and more services are required. God help you if you get a disease such as cancer, or even type II diabetes or any number of a hundred diseases as you grow older. IT WILL BANKRUPT YOU.

yes it will bankrupt you.....but then you can get SUBSIDIZED Obammycare....(liberals cheer)

....which of course will become more and more limited and rationed over time....(liberals frown)

....it's all part of the overall plan.....Obama doesn't give a rip about your healthcare....what he wants is to destroy the middle class and create a totalitarian state where the elite ones rule....and have their own private "Cadillac plans" of course....(liberals call me a right wing nutjob)

Forum List

Back