$10K in student loans forgiven by Biden; Fine but its NOT ENOUGH

Agreed. Had you bought an FMHA/USDA home they would have.
Those are the conditions in the loan it’s self. No where when I got my student loan did it say I didn’t have to pay back part or all of it, so I covered my responsibility to the debtor.

You were fine with Payroll Protection Loans to privately owned billionaire corporations, all of which were "forgiven". You have no problem with loan forgiveness to corporations and the wealthy.

Republicans have brainwashed working people into believe that cash, in the hands of poor people, is WRONG. No minimum wage raises - they're bad. Keep working people broke and desperate and they'll work for any amount of money and be grateful.

When Republicans crash the economy, they bail out banks, insurance companies, the auto industry, and other privately owned businesses, but not their people.

In other first world countries, our tax dollars go to programs for the people, not the corporations. Health care, education and infrastructure, income support for low income people. The world's leading countries have cheap or free education right through university.

In the USA, private, for profit universities will charge whatever the traffic will bear, because it's all about profit.
Very well said. Bravo.

You were fine with Payroll Protection Loans to privately owned billionaire corporations, all of which were "forgiven". You have no problem with loan forgiveness to corporations and the wealthy.

Republicans have brainwashed working people into believe that cash, in the hands of poor people, is WRONG. No minimum wage raises - they're bad. Keep working people broke and desperate and they'll work for any amount of money and be grateful.

When Republicans crash the economy, they bail out banks, insurance companies, the auto industry, and other privately owned businesses, but not their people.

In other first world countries, our tax dollars go to programs for the people, not the corporations. Health care, education and infrastructure, income support for low income people. The world's leading countries have cheap or free education right through university.

In the USA, private, for profit universities will charge whatever the traffic will bear, because it's all about profit.

I certainly hope you are speaking to MarathonMike specifically...

And you may want to look into who it was that bailed out the auto industry and the banks... Hint: His name starts with an "O" and ends in "bama."

And you may want to look into who it was that bailed out the auto industry and the banks... Hint: His name starts with an "O" and ends in "bama."

No it wasn't. The TARP bailout was passed in Oct. 3, 2008 - BEFORE Obama was elected. Under Bush, the government wasn't even asking for a return or repayment of the funds. It was simply buying mortgage back securities from these institution.

Obama modified the program to give the government stocks in the financially troubled institutions it was bailing out, and as a result, the program actually produced a $17 billion dollar profit on the stocks the bailout money received. Once again proving that Democrats aren't just "glad handing" money out to corporations, as Republicans claimed.

No it wasn't. The TARP bailout was passed in Oct. 3, 2008 - BEFORE Obama was elected. Under Bush, the government wasn't even asking for a return or repayment of the funds. It was simply buying mortgage back securities from these institution.

Obama modified the program to give the government stocks in the financially troubled institutions it was bailing out, and as a result, the program actually produced a $17 billion dollar profit on the stocks the bailout money received. Once again proving that Democrats aren't just "glad handing" money out to corporations, as Republicans claimed.

B. Hussein O was in the Senate and rabidly pushed for TARP Bailout.

Once again, either you are feigning ignorance or you really are this ignorant.

Banks paid back every dime borrowed, early, and with interest.

President Obama used that money to bail out the Auto Unions, for which we (taxpayers) got stock in the companies. Chrysler is now owned by Fiat making them an Italian motor company, no longer American.

As for the stocks taxpayers acquired in the Obama fiasco, we lost BILLIONS.

I realize that you couldn't have near as much fun in your roll as Troll if you were honest but, you wouldn't look so goofy either! There is that.

Im not gonna try to act ungrateful or anything. $10,000 isnt chump change. But it is FAR from enough. If he’s planning a series of $10K forgiveness events, say another 5-6 over the next 2 years, fine, thats real progress.

Now that we see Biden CAN and WILL forgive loans, we must keep up the pressure until its all forgiven. America needs an educated workforce. We make all workplaces smarter, more effective and just to put it bluntly, we add more modern era social views to the building that otherwise may get overlooked.

Thank you President Biden for this “down payment”. Now its time to talk bigger, much bigger.

You think he CAN do it? US appeals court think otherwise. And even if overturned, you think it's forgiven?

How did Obama do that?

How much MBS did they buy with TARP?

Obama modified the program to give the government stocks in the financially troubled institutions it was bailing out,

When did he do that?

If you had a reasonable degree instead of the underwater basket weaving you could get a decent paying job.

But, instead, you opted for a crap degree.

Leftists are not known for making right choices.
I think they're intentionally choosing wrong so they hurt themselves, just to blame others for letting them get hurt.
Remember, It's never their fault.

It will allow middle class (mostly) young people to start businesses, start families, buy homes. buy cars..

That's pretty damn good. Youth is where innovation lies
All the people who didn't borrow money from the government would also like to start businesses, start families, buy homes. and buy cars.

How can someone who claims to believe in fairness support this boondoggle that favors the wealthy?

Forum List

Back