$10K in student loans forgiven by Biden; Fine but its NOT ENOUGH

So where does all that interest go?

If not to the servicers then where? Back to the government? If that's the case then the taxpayers have been making big buck off these loans and can easily afford to forgive big chunks of it

Back to the government?

Yes.

If that's the case then the taxpayers have been making big buck off these loans

Not with all the defaults and forebearance lately.

and can easily afford to forgive big chunks of it

LOL! The Feds have been losing big bucks since the Obama takeover.
The borrowers need to repay their loans.....in full.

A servicer. And they forward the money to the US Treasury, for loans made after 2010.
If that's the case then the taxpayer isn't on the hook for shit since that loan has been paid off long ago in actual dollars and even counting inflation is even.

The remaining 7 years on that loan is PROFIT...to the government?

Yea...they can afford to forgive it and should

If that's the case then the taxpayer isn't on the hook for shit since that loan has been paid off long ago in actual dollars and even counting inflation is even.

It's not paid off until it's paid off.

Boohoo. Don't like it, get a higher rate loan from a private company.

You took out the loan, you got the degree, pay what you owe.

It's not paid off until it's paid off.
The original amount has been paid off...including inflation. No loss to taxpayers
Boohoo. Don't like it, get a higher rate loan from a private company.
That loan and most college loans are AT market rate or damn close
You took out the loan, you got the degree, pay what you owe.
You're whining because you can't make a PROFIT off my kid trying to educate himself?

The original amount has been paid off...including inflation. No loss to taxpayers

You're whining because you can't make a PROFIT off my kid trying to educate himself?

You're lying. You borrowed it, pay it off.

It's below the rate you can borrow from a private lender.

Did your kid get a decent degree? A decent job? Then he can repay what he owes.

Profit? The government is losing billions and Biden wants to lose more. Fuck him and you.

Let's see your link!
Been through this. I have read various things… most that make no sense.

All I know is that my kid has been paying 5.4% (which was market rate at the time that loan originated) to SOMEONE through Sallie Mae and now Navient to SOMEONE.

You wanna tell me who gets that interest?

You're lying. You borrowed it, pay it off.

It's below the rate you can borrow from a private lender.

Did your kid get a decent degree? A decent job? Then he can repay what he owes.

Profit? The government is losing billions and Biden wants to lose more. Fuck him and you.
How the Fuck is the government losing billions when they charge market rate on loans that are almost impossible to default on

And do the math retard. Borrow 100 dollars at 5.4% interest and pay it off over 14 years and you have paid off that loan and more… and even taking into account inflation that money has been paid back.

You want the government to make a profit off education loans to middle class folks and that’s bullshit

Im not gonna try to act ungrateful or anything. $10,000 isnt chump change. But it is FAR from enough. If he’s planning a series of $10K forgiveness events, say another 5-6 over the next 2 years, fine, thats real progress.

Now that we see Biden CAN and WILL forgive loans, we must keep up the pressure until its all forgiven. America needs an educated workforce. We make all workplaces smarter, more effective and just to put it bluntly, we add more modern era social views to the building that otherwise may get overlooked.

Thank you President Biden for this “down payment”. Now its time to talk bigger, much bigger.

$1 is too much because this whole thing is Un-Constitutional.

DropMic.jpg

How the Fuck is the government losing billions when they charge market rate on loans that are almost impossible to default on

And do the math retard. Borrow 100 dollars at 5.4% interest and pay it off over 14 years and you have paid off that loan and more… and even taking into account inflation that money has been paid back.

You want the government to make a profit off education loans to middle class folks and that’s bullshit

It's been in all the papers. Huge amounts of those loans are in default.
COVID forebearance for years. You think they're even breaking even? LOL!

Boohoo. Keep paying until it's paid off. Slacker.

No, I don't want the government to be involved at all. But they are, so pay off what you borrowed.

Don't like it, borrow from Bank of America next time.

You're quoting the Fed Reserve (inaccurately). It's between $200 and $299...and income based . That payment is a TWENTY year Payback and increases with income...to as much as $650/mponth

That's a car payment...eventually a Lexus payment.

Even if this loan forgiveness goes thru, they're not getting cash in the pocket. They gonna lower their payment for some peanuts and change.
Do you think they're gonna be able to start a business with that?

I’m saying that the only way for most middle class kids to get an education is to take on massive debt at market rates guaranteed by the government so that banks have zero risk.

It’s a scam that the banks LOVE

Market rates are massive only because they're guaranteed by the government.

Then if we don't pay the interest on our mortgages, that's a no loss for the bank?

Assuming every borrower repays their loans, but you and I both know there is no truth to that. Any "profit" offsets losses from those who just decided to default on their loan.

Correct. Obama eliminated banks from giving student loans. He claimed/lied that would save $68B to taxpayers. That law also put a cap on loan payments, not to exceed 10 percent of annual income.

The diabolical plan was opening the door for something just like this, an eventual federal takeover of collage funding. 10K this time, 30K the next time, 60K the time after that...... Anybody on the left that thinks this is a one time deal is kidding themselves unless there is a strong public resentment like there was with defunding the police.

$650/month is where that debt goes as income increases
650 a month is not the average and how many people are paying 650 a month

To have a 650 a month payment you have to have an income of 100K a year since the average individual income is about 45K
that 650 a month is not being paid by many people

Forum List

Back