11 white jurors, 1 Black man seated in Arbery murder trial

My thought is this why eliminate anyone from the pool of "Qualified" jurors ? If they are selected to be there they are an American citizen I assume. Put the names in a hat and pull 12 or 18 what ever.. They never get to know what the case is about until they sit in the box and the Evidence begins. So they are only influenced by the Evidence and not Media hype. Anonymous jury selection might result in a more level playing field. You have the right to face your accusers not your jurors.
Oh I agree totally, I am not saying the Jury Pool should be all Black. My problem is in a County that the black pop is 55% and you only have one black juror, that is some bullshit.

So what? I tk offense that you think a whte jury could not give them a fair trial. Quit your bitching, What do you want 11 blacks and 1 white on the jury?
Oh 6 blacks and 6 whites or 8 blacks and 4 whites or 8 whites and 4 blacks or 4 blacks, 4 hispanics and 4 whites, etc.

:laughing0301:

Let me tell you something about the word "good" brotha

"Good" is an ancient Anglo-Saxon word Go-OD

Meaning the absence of color

i.e. it's all good. Which is its

OR -- Good Will Hunting --meaning --- I'm huntin' n*ggas

So, if you say GOOD MORNING to me, the only thing you're saying is.....

I'm gonna kill yo black ass...FIRST thing in the morning.
:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

SuperConspiracyBrutha

What does that have to do with Jury selection in Brunswick, GA where 3 white, racist, rednecks murdered a black man.

In 2018, the Washington Supreme Court said judges should reject peremptory strikes if “an objective observer could view race or ethnicity as a factor,” not just if there was intentional discrimination. It also said striking a juror for distrusting law enforcement, living in a high-crime neighborhood or not being a native English speaker would no longer be allowed because such rationales “have been associated with improper discrimination.”
I'm sure you will be filing an Amicas Brief along with the State's appeal.

Otherwise....

"Good Will Hunting --meaning --- I'm huntin' n*ggas

So, if you say GOOD MORNING to me, the only thing you're saying is.....

I'm gonna kill yo black ass...FIRST thing in the morning."
87897BD0-9407-4F82-96A8-9B9B1B7DDC7D.jpeg

:laughing0301:

Using a standard court procedure called a peremptory strike, the attorneys eliminated all but one of the dozen Black people in the final jury pool this week, leaving a nearly all-White panel to weigh murder charges in a killing that many see as inseparable from race.

Arbery was killed near Brunswick, a 16,200-population city that is 55 percent Black, according to the latest census. The surrounding county, from which the jurors were selected, is about 27 percent Black. Yet the sole Black juror in the trial represents about 8 percent of the jury’s makeup.

In 2018, the Washington Supreme Court said judges should reject peremptory strikes if “an objective observer could view race or ethnicity as a factor,” not just if there was intentional discrimination. It also said striking a juror for distrusting law enforcement, living in a high-crime neighborhood or not being a native English speaker would no longer be allowed because such rationales “have been associated with improper discrimination.”

Another solution some advocacy groups recommend is lowering the number of peremptory strikes allowed per party, to make it harder to wipe out an entire race from the pool.

Again as NOTED by the Judge the reasons given for striking them were legit and were because of the juror stating a bias AGAINST the defendants or for the dead person.

None of which was the case here. They were dismissed for having a preconceived opinion without hearing one word of testimony. It had nothing to do with race, ethnicity, or where they lived. By allowing them on the jury knowing they already found the three guys guilty would violate their constitutional right to a fair and speedy trail with an unbiased jury. That's what the constitution says. There are no exceptions because the blacks in the jury pool all had their minds made up already. A right is a right.

I wonder why they didn't move the whole trial to a different venue where everyone doesn't know the defendants/victim.

I couldn't agree more. High profile cases should not be heard in areas where the event took place. I felt the same way in the Chauvin trail. The jurors were under threat from the public if they didn't find him guilty, so the only jurors to accept the mission were those that had plans on finding him guilty right from the beginning.

Republicans haven't won the popular vote since 2004 ... Voter registration and turn out broke all the records in 2020.. Trump really motivated Americans to vote him OUT.
Republicans haven’t been winning the meaningless popular vote for president. They have been winning the meaningful popular votes for other offices everywhere except in the cities where democrats are concentrated.

Republicans haven’t been winning the meaningless popular vote for president. They have been winning the meaningful popular votes for other offices everywhere except in the cities where democrats are concentrated.

In 2012 Trump ranted and raved against the Electoral College.

In 2012 Trump ranted and raved against the Electoral College.
That doesn’t mean anything. He played by the existingvrules when he ran, the democrats just whined about the electoral college not being fair. They seem to think it’s fair when they win it, but not when they lose it. They could have started an amendment to abolish it several times in recent years, including this year, but didn’t. Why was that?

None of which was the case here. They were dismissed for having a preconceived opinion without hearing one word of testimony. It had nothing to do with race, ethnicity, or where they lived. By allowing them on the jury knowing they already found the three guys guilty would violate their constitutional right to a fair and speedy trail with an unbiased jury. That's what the constitution says. There are no exceptions because the blacks in the jury pool all had their minds made up already. A right is a right.
Poor Superconspiracybrutha wanted to make sure enough biased jurors got onto the jury so they could NOT listen to the facts and convict immediately.

I am not sad that he is extremely disappointed.

l6vlo88sxbw31.png

Superconspiracybrutha pouting about jury selection.

Poor Superconspiracybrutha wanted to make sure enough biased jurors got onto the jury so they could NOT listen to the facts and convict immediately.

I am not sad that he is extremely disappointed.

His claim is that it's unfair that the biased black jurors were not chosen. He can't accept the fact there was no possible way to have picked them based on their interviews. If it came out later and these three were found guilty, they could move for a mistrial given their biases were known before hand. Then he'd really be pissed off. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back