127 year old statue being removed in oakland

It’s a monument to ignorance, racism, and hate – no wonder conservatives oppose its removal.

No, here is why we oppose it:

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” George Orwell, 1984.​

You see we on the right understand this story as a warning. You leftists understand this story as an instruction manual.

They're not removing it out of protest; they're removing it to protect it, because people keep vandalizing it.

I'm all for our society reassessing what no longer represents our country's values, and I'd be the first to point out that the history will survive in schools, museums, and libraries, even if the statues are taken down.

Vandalism, though, is not the way to do it, and sadly this is giving the vandals a win. It's a beautiful sculpture, it's in a cemetery rather than the town square, and it doesn't honor the treacherous commanders, but the regular hometown soldiers who died fighting.

This was the right thing to do, but I wish they didn't have to do it. The majority of the fault, I think, lies with the vandals this time.

The statues are only the current line of attack. Your pretense that this is an isolated issue, and not part of a massive trend, is a lie designed to fool retarded children.

Very young retarded children.
we do not use that word today.

Really? What "not lefty" reason do you have for singling out southern whites and attacking their heritage and history?
i am a southern white im against removing this that why posted this article. what are you on?

No, here is why we oppose it:

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” George Orwell, 1984.​

You see we on the right understand this story as a warning. You leftists understand this story as an instruction manual.
Shut the fuck up. That statue was put up there as a symbol of white supremacy. It needed to come down. We can't help it if whites like you covered up half of history to create delusions of grandeur.

Shut the fuck up. That statue was put up there as a symbol of white supremacy. It needed to come down. We can't help it if whites like you covered up half of history to create delusions of grandeur.
When America looked into its soul to right wrongs, I believed that art and statues would be added as warranted to what we have as part of inclusion. Instead we have empowered people who are radicals. Keep this up and tribalism will reappear in growing numbers and waves. It is in ways existing now. Incredibly there may growing numbers that look like just after many arrive at Ellis Island a century or more ago. Feeling safer with their own. And in a nation where we are a melting pot there ma be suspicions also until proved wrong.

It's your kind removing statutes all over the country and we're the people trying to cover up history?

You have to hand it to George Orwell for seeing into the future so accurately. So where will the Democrat party take us next? Read the book 1984 and it will tell you. We're on that path now thanks to you commies.

Forum List

Back